Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #31
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Oh Kat. I love you.

I am so so sorry. I'm here to listen whenever you are ready. We all are. You know that. You gave great advice to Mark. I am sure that once the sting of all this settles, he'll decide to go back to what he knows and loves.

I wish I could make you feel better. Huge hugs for you all. And kisses too.

LuvvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #32
Panotchr
Mouseketeer

Well, I had a big pickle yesterday, but we got it fixed so quickly.

We were supposed to go down from 7/2-7/11 but I am thinking that with Emily's surgery, she might not be ready to go then, so we changed our reservations.... quite easily, I might add.... to 8/1-8/8. Not as many days, but I am worried about her.
The recovery from this is going to be hard. She won't be able to raise her arms above her head or turn her neck.
Jeff and I just decided this was better in the long run.

I had to completely redo our dining reservations and no one wanted to talk about it so I just did it. Here is what we have:

Arrive 8/1 - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare 6 PM - Lily's request
Monday 8/2 Dinner at Boma 5:05 PM going to AK EMH even though I think it could be nuts--- never been there at night.
Tuesday 8/3 - Sci Fi 6:00 PM - all kids wanted this.. Jeff is not excited but who cares??????
Wednesday 8/4 Akershus 5:15 PM - Again for Lily... she will only want princess meals for a little longer.
Thursday 8/5 10:00 AM Supercalifragilistic B'fast- this is our off day Lily loves Alice in Wonderland... or Allison Wonderland as she is called here at our house
6:30 PM Teppan Edo - This is Emily's request
Friday 8/6 O'hana 5:30- Baylie's request, but we all like this one a lot.
Saturday 8/7 Biergarten 6:00 PM - Jeff's request
Sunday 8/8 O'hana B'fast 9 AM - This is a tradition we have to have b'fast somewhere before we leave. Kinda like a goodbye kiss LOL

So, we have never eaten at 1900 Park Fare for dinner before. We have had the b'fast but it was in that other room the year they were refurbishing so we have never had the buffet b'fast.
I have had Boma, but no one else has. Jeff and I have been to Sci-Fi, but it has been a LONG time. It will be a first at Teppan Edo and Biergarten for us. Other than that, I guess we have some favorites that we keep going back to like O'hana

I gotta change my ticker now....
Panotchr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #33
karibritt01
The primary problem with America is stupidity. Maybe we should just take all the warning labels off and let the problem solve itself.

We have done Beirgarten and 1900 for dinner, and both were excellent! Beirgarten is one of the few restaurants that my kids have requested to go to again. Character at 1900 dinner was the best we have seen at the character meals. We took Avery to BBB before the meal, and she was wearing her Cinderella dress. Fairy Godmother was talking to her like she was the real Cinderella, the mice kept coming over to play with her, and Prince Charming asked her to dance. Food was incredible at both, but Beirgarten was better. The cooked cabbage smell at Beirgarten takes a bit to get used too, though!

Will Emily be healed enough for a vacation by that point? I know it will be hard on her if she can't ride the rides and such when you go.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #34
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Wow, Kelly. Poor Emily and poor you. I hope she is healed and well enough to enjoy Disney. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Your ressies look fabulous. I'm with Jeff on Sci Fi. LOL. Never again. Raw hamburger. Yeeuck! So you are going twice this year. Yay! Good for you guys. God willing, we'll be there at Christmas, too. We are spending Christmas in Largo at my parent's house. Not sure if we are driving or if they are flying us down. (tix would be our gifts) I hope to get a few days in at Disney considering Cassidie's first trip there was a complete bust. We shall see. Fingers crossed!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #35
Panotchr
Mouseketeer

I am excited about going, but I am concerned about Emily. There is not a lot of information online about recovery from the surgery, but the neurologist told us that she would be sore at least six weeks. We might end up cancelling, but for the moment, pushing it back was a good idea.

We are going to go back at Christmas. We got 200 extra points when we bought DVC and so we are going to go for a few days because we have never been at Christmas. Our dates are December 19-23. We are going to stay at the Boardwalk and we might have company. I have mixed feelings about that, but the kids really want them to come.

Tracey, maybe those dates are the same as yours
Panotchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #36
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panotchr View Post
I am excited about going, but I am concerned about Emily. There is not a lot of information online about recovery from the surgery, but the neurologist told us that she would be sore at least six weeks. We might end up cancelling, but for the moment, pushing it back was a good idea.

We are going to go back at Christmas. We got 200 extra points when we bought DVC and so we are going to go for a few days because we have never been at Christmas. Our dates are December 19-23. We are going to stay at the Boardwalk and we might have company. I have mixed feelings about that, but the kids really want them to come.

Tracey, maybe those dates are the same as yours
It might be a good idea to cancel. Just play it by ear and let her make that call when the time rolls around, maybe?

And yes, those are the same dates as us. We would arrive in Tampa the 17th and then drive up to Orlando with my parents and stay five nights and back to their place for Christmas and New Years. That's *if* we fly. If we drive - no freakin clue. It would most likely be after Christmas that we would stay. At this point, I'm not even sure if we would be staying on property as there will be five of us. If we are there at the same time, we'll have to meet if only for a few moments.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #37
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

1200!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #38
karibritt01
The primary problem with America is stupidity. Maybe we should just take all the warning labels off and let the problem solve itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
1200!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHH... you're just a baby DISer! You make me feel so old with my 3935 posts!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #39
karibritt01

Quote:
At this point, I'm not even sure if we would be staying on property as there will be five of us.
Cassadie is still young enough for the trundle bed at POR, isn't she? You could also stay in the cabins at FW. I hope you get to fly... I can't even imagine how long it will take you to drive from BFCanada to Largo!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #40
KatMark
DIS Veteran

HUH, I have 15,927 -- so that shows how old I really am.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #41
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibritt01 View Post
AHHH... you're just a baby DISer! You make me feel so old with my 3935 posts!
Shaddup!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #42
karibritt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
HUH, I have 15,927 -- so that shows how old I really am.
Should we call you Granny or MeeMaw?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #43
karibritt01

Quote:
Shaddup!
If you can't play nicely, I'm gonna tell Granny!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #44
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cassadie is still young enough for the trundle bed at POR, isn't she? You could also stay in the cabins at FW. I hope you get to fly... I can't even imagine how long it will take you to drive from BFCanada to Largo!
She will be 10 when/if we go. The cabins would probably be a better fit for us as mom would want to cook our meals. We always rent a condo or place with a kitchen when we stay offsite. Saves a ton of money.

Mark and I are tossing the idea around of a land and cruise in 2011 or 2012. I will try anything once. Terrified of the cruise part due to flipping out about water and the open sea, but as I said, I'll try anything once. Yes, I am that crazy.

The drive to Largo would be 31 hours, give or take. I've driven to Orlando and Myrtle Beach many times. I love to drive, but no sure how Cass would handle it. It will probably be cheaper to fly if we flew out of Boston, which is a 9-10 hour drive.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Should we call you Granny or MeeMaw?
Oooh...that's a toughy. Maybe "Granny" since at the rate my kids are going, I'll never be one while I'm still part of this world!

Quote:
If you can't play nicely, I'm gonna tell Granny!
I guess she told you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: