Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #796
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogMom7 View Post
2. If you are a light sleeper, the noise from (a) construction for the Little Mermaid ride and (b) WOC will bother you from 6 am until 11:45 pm if you are in a room facing California Adventure. If I had it to do over, I would have switched rooms to a pool view after the first night (but my DH didn't want to move after getting all settled in).

5. Toy Story Midway Mania stays open while WOC is on! When there is a third showing of WOC (and there was a third one every single night, July 13-20), the park stays open until 11 am. We got in line for TSMM at about 9:45 pm and managed to ride 3 times before they closed. Between 10:30 and 11, it really was a walk on. Fun ride, too!
Thanks for the info! I especially liked the TSMM tip. I just love that ride.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #797
judben821
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been brought up before...

Is there a pool bar at this hotel? I can't find any pictures of one, so I'm wondering if maybe they don't have one like all the disney hotels in Fl.

Thanks!

Caribbean Beach Resort 1998; Port Orleans 2000; Caribbean Beach Resort 5/2003; Polynesian 9/2003, 9/2004, and 9/2005; Caribbean Beach Resort 7/2006; Polynesian 9/2006; Caribbean Beach Resort 4/2007; Polynesian 8/2007; Contemporary 1/2008; Polynesian 7/2008; Caribbean Beach Resort 11/2008; Boardwalk Inn 6/2009
judben821 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #798
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by judben821 View Post

Is there a pool bar at this hotel? I can't find any pictures of one, so I'm wondering if maybe they don't have one like all the disney hotels in Fl.

Thanks!
I know you can order drinks from the pool cabana area but have not seen a pool bar.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #799
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by judben821 View Post

Thanks!
It is located right next to the entrance to Whitewater snacks, but they deliver to your lounge chair. I suppose you could order at the bar as well.

Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #800
mika911
DIS Veteran

Have non-DVC members been able to book villa rooms at the Californian yet?

I sure hope I have the opportunity to stay in one someday.
mika911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:19 AM   #801
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So far from what I hear, DVC members can't even get all the rooms they want, so not sure how much if any will be opened for cash ressies. I bet the rules are different from FL and it sounds like they are booked solid. Probably renting would be the only option.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #802
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika911 View Post

Any rooms not yet declared into inventory will be avaialble as cash rooms, but I believe all VGC rooms have been declared given it's almost sold out.

Also, if a VGC member trades out of the system to use their points to book a cruise, adventures by disney, RCI, or DLH or PPH, those points will convert into cash ressies to recoup the cost. I've heard quite a few members on this board comment that they couldn't book VGC so they booked at the DLH or PPH... Given the small number of rooms, cash ressies will be rare but they will happen. Does anyone know the cash rates? I haven't seen anything published like they have for the WDW villas.

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #803
blackjackdelta

Quote:

We have. We will be in a 1 bedroom 8/15-8/21.

Jack
Old 07-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #804
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerickson View Post
Any rooms not yet declared into inventory will be avaialble as cash rooms, but I believe all VGC rooms have been declared given it's almost sold out.

Also, if a VGC member trades out of the system to use their points to book a cruise, adventures by disney, RCI, or DLH or PPH, those points will convert into cash ressies to recoup the cost. I've heard quite a few members on this board comment that they couldn't book VGC so they booked at the DLH or PPH... Given the small number of rooms, cash ressies will be rare but they will happen. Does anyone know the cash rates? I haven't seen anything published like they have for the WDW villas.
When I checked at 7 month's out from our Aug date a 1 bedroom was $1010/night cash if available.

Jack
Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #805
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:

We have twice - 12/13 - 12/17/2009 and 6/20 - 6/24/2010 - both times in a 2 bdrm. We only got one night on the June ressie when I first called in Nov so waitlisted the other nights and one by one they cleared - last one clearing in Mid-Feb

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #806
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIM View Post
We just got back and we were upgraded from a standard view to Downtown Disney view without asking. It was great, we could watch the fireworks from our room.
How nice for you!

Also, the last couple of times we stayed there we also received an itinerary on check-in...but hadn't used vacation planning to make our dining reservations...this was concierge level, but it was something new.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #807
Golfing Goofy
If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnieGene View Post

Also, the last couple of times we stayed there we also received an itinerary on check-in...but hadn't used vacation planning to make our dining reservations...this was concierge level, but it was something new.

Something else that is new is that the concierge called us prior to our trip in June. We have never received a call from them before. They called to see if we needed help making any plans. I don't know if they have done that before???

(I haven't read this whole thread...maybe someone else mentioned this... if so, sorry. )

Adults are only kids grown up. ~Walt Disney

Golfing Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #808
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Has anyone ever requested the child sized robes that I've read are available. Which "child size" are they? Adult robes are in the closet, correct?

Also, I've seen a photo of child life vests near the pool. Are these a rental or help yourself item? Do they go quickly, or are there usually some available?

One more question....Which pool would you recommend for young kids who are confident in the water? I've done a search on pool depths, but couldn't find any info. Anyone know. TIA
The life vests are first come but we never had a problem getting one. There were more than enough.
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #809
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing Goofy View Post
Something else that is new is that the concierge called us prior to our trip in June. We have never received a call from them before. They called to see if we needed help making any plans. I don't know if they have done that before???

(I haven't read this whole thread...maybe someone else mentioned this... if so, sorry. )
It has been a long time since I have stayed at concierge level room at the GCH, but I do remember a CM from concierge calling me to offer assistance with my plans. I said, "yes" and was able to reserve the chef's table for the Napa Rose. I guess they don't always do that, but concierge was able to do that for us. That was one fun meal and we closed the place down. Ahh fond memories.

I now stay at the VGC and cook my own meals.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.
funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #810
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Here are some recent shots I took. I hope you all enjoy.

High in the rafters....not really.

Third floor lobby
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: