Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #706
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Now the GCH guests get 1/2 hour start on everyone else for the WOC fastpasses?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #707
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Now the GCH guests get 1/2 hour start on everyone else for the WOC fastpasses?

Jack
Any DLR resort guest is eligible for the 1/2 hour headstart. This definitely includes the DLH and PPH in addition to the GCH. The big question is whether "resort guest" also includes someone who is staying off-property, but ate at Storyteller Cafe that morning. Or Goofy's Kitchen. Or bought a bottle of water at Whitewater Snacks or a tin of mints at the gift shop. I'm not sure where they will (or if they will) draw a line.
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #708
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
Any DLR resort guest is eligible for the 1/2 hour headstart. This definitely includes the DLH and PPH in addition to the GCH. The big question is whether "resort guest" also includes someone who is staying off-property, but ate at Storyteller Cafe that morning. Or Goofy's Kitchen. Or bought a bottle of water at Whitewater Snacks or a tin of mints at the gift shop. I'm not sure where they will (or if they will) draw a line.
I'm pretty sure that they will restrict it to guests who can show a room key. Last time we were there it was about 3:30 in the afternoon and they still asked to see the room key. Good thing I had one.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #709
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

Last week, we had to show our room keys several times when going in to DCA. There was a long line using the GCH entrance the morning we hit DCA when it opened for FP at 9:30. We went and got Soarin' FPs, then headed over to the TSMM pre-opening line.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #710
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
Last week, we had to show our room keys several times when going in to DCA. There was a long line using the GCH entrance the morning we hit DCA when it opened for FP at 9:30. We went and got Soarin' FPs, then headed over to the TSMM pre-opening line.
Sorry for my confusion just want to make sure I understand your post above. You didn't mention getting FP for WOC when you entered using the GCH entrance at 9:30, just getting FPfor Soarin' and then headed to TSMM. Also what time did you arrive at the GCH entrance and the line was already long. Thanks.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #711
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Alright I finally found out some useful information for families or groups of five or more. This is unbelievable.....In the entire hotel only 50 have daybeds and 100 have bunkbeds of 1000 rooms!!! We are told that when we are there the hotel is completely booked. So in efforts to not have to have one of my kids sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag what do others recommend? Why don't they tell people this that have a family of five or greater? I read this on tripadvisor and immediately was floored.

My wife thought of the idea of bringing an air mattress. Any other ideas?
Should I sleep in the lobby?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #712
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Alright I finally found out some useful information for families or groups of five or more. This is unbelievable.....In the entire hotel only 50 have daybeds and 100 have bunkbeds of 1000 rooms!!! We are told that when we are there the hotel is completely booked. So in efforts to not have to have one of my kids sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag what do others recommend? Why don't they tell people this that have a family of five or greater? I read this on tripadvisor and immediately was floored.

I would do an air mattress, but it is going to be tight/

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #713
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post

I have to say, I think the whole "here's a sleeping bag, enjoy your time on the floor" is pretty cheesy for a hotel of this price. I mean, come on people, I think even the cheapest of motels have cots. Please tell me that they at least give the person with a sleeping bag a floor mat for a little cushioning?
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #714
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering if I should book at the GCH on October 1st? I have looked up the prices for the GCH in Oct. on the AP hotel availability calender and saw there was a Theme View room for $282 a night. I was wondering that this is a good price to get the DCA View room? I been looking at the other types of rooms and the standard view is at $342. I have stayed at the GCH when it first opened in 2001 and it was great back than and now it is updated with new amenities since 2001. I know all the benefits about staying on-site and my last question is should I do this for the price or just wait until it lowers?
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #715
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I'm wondering if I should book at the GCH on October 1st? I have looked up the prices for the GCH in Oct. on the AP hotel availability calender and saw there was a Theme View room for $282 a night. I was wondering that this is a good price to get the DCA View room? I been looking at the other types of rooms and the standard view is at $342. I have stayed at the GCH when it first opened in 2001 and it was great back than and now it is updated with new amenities since 2001. I know all the benefits about staying on-site and my last question is should I do this for the price or just wait until it lowers?
$282 is a great price for a theme park view at the GCH!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #716
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I wouldn't wait. October 1st is the start of Gay Days weekend and all the hotels will sell out. At least they did last year. They are offering special rates for all the hotels so I would book as soon as possible. The rates will not go down because they know they can sell out completely for this weekend.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #717
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I wouldn't wait. October 1st is the start of Gay Days weekend and all the hotels will sell out. At least they did last year. They are offering special rates for all the hotels so I would book as soon as possible. The rates will not go down because they know they can sell out completely for this weekend.
Thx for the pp. I just book my room at the GCH for the standard view instead of the theme park view for $228 a night. The DLR website changed the price from $342 a night for the standard to $228 just one night ago and I was surprised that the DLR changed the price when I was about to book the theme park view room. $282 a night for the theme park viewing area is a good price like what 3TinksAndAnEeyore said and I was about to book it today until I looked at the AP website this morning and lowered its standard room price on the AP website.

I know about Gay day during the first week of October and it will be very busy with the first night of MHP. I was been thinking of not doing the GCH in October because I want to get the hotel when it gets to Aug so my DA and I can stay there during the D23 Expo next year. But for the price for October and comparing the price for August this month ($250-$400) is a lot during the month for August.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #718
DianaSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.... We'll be staying at the DLH and would like to use the GCH "special" entrance. What I don't know is how do you get to the GCH entrance from the Disneyland Hotel? I assume it's somewhere in Downtown Disney? Thanks to anyone who can give me some guidance!!
DianaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #719
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSparrow View Post
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.... We'll be staying at the DLH and would like to use the GCH "special" entrance. What I don't know is how do you get to the GCH entrance from the Disneyland Hotel? I assume it's somewhere in Downtown Disney? Thanks to anyone who can give me some guidance!!
If you are staying in one of the three DLR hotels (GCH, DLH or PPH) you can use the GCH entrance to DCA. You just go to the GCH main entrance or go to the entrance right in DTD right next to Studio 365 and you must show your valid DLR hotel room key to be able to enter the GCH entrance to DCA.

Here is the link: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...resort-hotels/

We have some exciting news to share this holiday weekend. Starting tomorrow morning, Sunday, July 4, the Disney California Adventure park gate at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will open at 9:00 a.m. exclusively for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests so they can get in line for Disney’s FASTPASS tickets to each evening’s performances of “World of Color.” The Disneyland Resort hotels include the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.‬ The main entrance will open, as scheduled, at 9:30 a.m. for all other day guests.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #720
DianaSparrow
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mvf-m11c;37321906]If you are staying in one of the three DLR hotels (GCH, DLH or PPH) you can use the GCH entrance to DCA. You just go to the GCH main entrance or go to the entrance right in DTD right next to Studio 365 and you must show your valid DLR hotel room key to be able to enter the GCH entrance to DCA.

Thanks so much MVF! I'll look for the GCH entrance next to Studio 365.
DianaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: