Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #3151
Alice_Girl
Earning My Ears

Premium View Rooms?

Hi - I am trying to decide on a room request for a Premium View Room. This category is between Downtown Disney District View and Concierge Standard View on the Disneyland website.
Looking at the maps, I am most interested (I think) in the rooms numbered X260-X240 for the view of the park. Does anyone know if these room might fit that category?

Thank you!
Alice_Girl
Alice_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #3152
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_Girl View Post
I am trying to decide on a room request for a Premium View Room. This category is between Downtown Disney District View and Concierge Standard View on the Disneyland website.
It is difficult to determine where the numerous view types are actually located.
"Premium Downtown Disney District View" is the most specific, and will be facing DTD on the upper floors. "Concierge Standard View" will most likely be near the lounge facing the courtyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice_Girl View Post
...I am most interested (I think) in the rooms numbered X260-X240 for the view of the park.
These rooms are likely classified as "Theme Park View". Be aware that Goofy's Sky School is very close to these rooms. A limited view of WOC is possible, but the view is slightly better from the 6th floor patio (available to all GCH guests). These are not concierge rooms, but it might be possible request to have a "Concierge Standard View" assigned in this area.

"Concierge Theme Park View" will likely be in the wing above Napa Rose facing Grizzly Peak, or above Storytellers facing the pool (with the park in the distance).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #3153
AZlady
DIS Veteran

1st timer :)

Just booked for mid September....trying to read all the threads, but I have a few questions.

Does the most basic (standard view) have a mini fridge. (I cant tell if the recall is part of this) (or if they have one AT all).
Are ice machine available? I usually bring an ice chest and need to keep food cold?
I did not put in and wing/room request...should I have? I will be arriving late in the evening on my arrival day.

Thanks!! Excited for my first stay!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #3154
whoever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
Just booked for mid September....trying to read all the threads, but I have a few questions.

Does the most basic (standard view) have a mini fridge. (I cant tell if the recall is part of this) (or if they have one AT all).
Are ice machine available? I usually bring an ice chest and need to keep food cold?
I did not put in and wing/room request...should I have? I will be arriving late in the evening on my arrival day.

Thanks!! Excited for my first stay!
All rooms have a fridge. They are in the process of replacing them with different models though due to a recall and fire (at the hotel). I brought an ice chest nonetheless because all the stuff we needed cold wouldn't fit in a minifridge (like 2'x2' box.)
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #3155
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are ice machine available?
There are ice machines in several locations. Room keys are need to access, except in the VGC wing.

Quote:
I did not put in and wing/room request...should I have?
The majority of standard view rooms are at the front of the hotel, so there is not much to request. I request a high floor, but that is just my personal preference.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #3156
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Thanks whoever & nonsuch!!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #3157
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

Huge thread, I tried reading back but couldnt find, so far, info about Pinnochios workshop. My hubby finally asking questions as we are getting a tad closer and in our booking time frame of 60 days. So, how much is the babysitting at Pinnochios workshop? Is it 13/hr per child plus $5 for dinner and minimum of 2 hrs? Google is kind of giving me various info on this...anyone with recent pricing available? We are wanting to hit the Chefs Table at NR
twinspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #3158
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspirit View Post
...how much is the babysitting at Pinnochios workshop? Is it 13/hr per child plus $5 for dinner and minimum of 2 hrs?
Seems correct
This is the information, included with check in documents, from May 2013:
Quote:
Pinocchio's Workshop is a licensed child activity center with computer games, toys, crafts activities and Disney DVDs. Meals available for an additional charge.
Children must be between ages of 5 - 12.
$13 per hour/per child.
2 hour minimum is required.
Please contact Guest Services for reservations.

Last edited by Nonsuch; 07-24-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #3159
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

Perfect! Thank you! Shall be a $600 evening me thinks between the child care and NR supper lol Eh well. Its a once in a lifetime trip...go big or go home?? :D
Old 08-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #3160
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

courtyard view

We are coming for Christmas and we're thinking a courtyard view would be relaxing and peaceful. Does anyone have a picture of the view from a courtyard balcony?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #3161
atmail35
Mouseketeer

We recently returned back from 3 nights the GCH and this thread has great info...we did a theme park view and it was lovely, but LOUD! I could hear people screaming at the park most of the evening until the park closed. Which was fine when the TV was on, but it was pretty loud. So just a warning!

I think our room was just above the walkway from GCH to CA on the 5th floor. We could see Space Mtn building, Soarin' building, Grizzly Rapids and the bear "statue", Top of TOT.

Or room had a small cube fridge (smaller than a dorm one), but it was perfect for some bottled water etc.

The first night I went back to the lobby to buy a bottle of water and it would have been closer to go in to CA and go to a cart there...LOL.

We got breakfast (coffee, pastries) at the lounge in the Lobby and they opened at 6AM.

Both of our meals (Goofy's Kitchen and SteakHouse 55) were at the DLH and the walk through DTD was fun and quick. This was our first time staying at DL and we normally are WDW folks, but I love how close everything is at DL! We will be back!
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #3162
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
We are coming for Christmas and we're thinking a courtyard view would be relaxing and peaceful. Does anyone have a picture of the view from a courtyard balcony?
Here are some shots from our balcony in which we stayed last March. Hope this helps

Grand Californian Super Thread
Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

DmaxHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #3163
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

I just seen a pic on the internet...the monorail goes THROUGH the hotel?

Additional question...do you need a park pass entrance to ride the monorail...is this something we can do on our first half day with DTD and NOT use a park pass?

and last question...very sorry...but HOW would I upload a picture to here, from ipad or iphone for instance?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #3164
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Additional question...do you need a park pass entrance to ride the monorail...is this something we can do on our first half day with DTD and NOT use a park pass?

and last question...very sorry...but HOW would I upload a picture to here, from ipad or iphone for instance?
You have to pass through bag check and have your ticket scanned to use the monorail at the DTD stop, otherwise anybody could disembark at DL.
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #3165
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:

Yes the monorail goes through the Grand Californian Hotel but it does not stop there.

Yes you do need a park entrance to ride the monorail as one of the stops is in Tomorrowland which is inside the park.

Grand Californian Super Thread
Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

DmaxHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: