Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #3076
mmmears
DIS Veteran

When we went to WDW last summer, they were in the process of changing all the toiletries in the hotels. Does anyone know what they are using now at the GCH? Is it the "old" green H20 spa line like before, or something new and different?

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #3077
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
...Is it the "old" green H20 spa line like before, or something new and different?
More of less the same, except the Grand Californian logos have been replaced by generic Disney Resorts logos.

Hotel Amenities from September 2012.

I don't recall seeing the Foot Rub recently.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #3078
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
More of less the same, except the Grand Californian logos have been replaced by generic Disney Resorts logos.

Hotel Amenities from September 2012.

I don't recall seeing the Foot Rub recently.
Thanks for the info -- it looks like it's the same old stuff (no complaints there) in the newly designed bottles. Good to know!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #3079
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

I did not see foot cream, tooth brush, mouth wash or a sewing kit in the villas at any time when recently visiting the last 2 months. I will be in there March 30 - April 2 & see if those items will be included. OR is it just for hotel /suite guests?
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #3080
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
I did not see foot cream, tooth brush, mouth wash or a sewing kit in the villas at any time when recently visiting the last 2 months. I will be in there March 30 - April 2 & see if those items will be included. OR is it just for hotel /suite guests?
The picture I linked was from a hotel room in September 2012. It was a concierge room, but the amenities are likely the same for all rooms. That was the only time foot cream was provided, never before or since.

Villas have slightly different amenities.

Toothbrushes seem to be randomly provided, for both hotel rooms and villas.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #3081
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The picture I linked was from a hotel room in September 2012. It was a concierge room, but the amenities are likely the same for all rooms. That was the only time foot cream was provided, never before or since.

Villas have slightly different amenities.

Toothbrushes seem to be randomly provided, for both hotel rooms and villas.
Very interesting! Thanks nonsuch!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #3082
mmmears
DIS Veteran

It's been my experience that the peppermint foot cream and a few of the other amenities are offered club level only (at both the GCH and the GF at WDW). YMMV

Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #3083
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been my experience that the peppermint foot cream and a few of the other amenities are offered club level only (at both the GCH and the GF at WDW). YMMV
That makes sense. I don't use most of the products, but the foot cream can be soothing after stomping around all day
Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #3084
WestCoastMama
Mouseketeer

One of the benefits of booking a room on the concierge level:
"Staff available prior to and during your visit for reservations and vacation planning"

Has anyone had experience using the concierge services before their trip for making reservations? Wondering if its different than calling general guest services.

Aulani Resort 10/2012
Disneyland Hotel 12/2011
Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/2011
WDW Port Orleans December 2010
Disneyland Resort Countless Times
WDW Caribbean Resort August 1992
WestCoastMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #3085
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

We went just before Christmas last year. All of our planning was done via the Disney trip office. The concierge did not do any planning for us. However, I wondered if, because we were staying concierge, they gave us everything we asked for when we needed it. We managed to get all of our character meals, holiday tour tickets, and fantasmic package tickets right when we wanted them. We did not even have to call on the specific days. The travel planner took our list of desired events, and called us when they booked them. It was super!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #3086
WestCoastMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
We went just before Christmas last year. All of our planning was done via the Disney trip office. The concierge did not do any planning for us. However, I wondered if, because we were staying concierge, they gave us everything we asked for when we needed it. We managed to get all of our character meals, holiday tour tickets, and fantasmic package tickets right when we wanted them. We did not even have to call on the specific days. The travel planner took our list of desired events, and called us when they booked them. It was super!
Thank you for the feedback! I'll give them a call.

Aulani Resort 10/2012
Disneyland Hotel 12/2011
Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/2011
WDW Port Orleans December 2010
Disneyland Resort Countless Times
WDW Caribbean Resort August 1992
WestCoastMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #3087
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I don't want to start a whole debate about pool hopping, but I'm wondering what the pools are like at GCH now that DCA has higher attendance? On our last trip there, we were dismayed by how crowded the pool areas were (especially since we could tell that many of the people around us were not staying at the GCH, since they were talking about how easy it was to just spend the afternoon there when they went to DCA). Is it still a problem, or is it harder to get in there? (the gate access wasn't doing much to prevent it).

Old 03-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #3088
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...On our last trip there, we were dismayed by how crowded the pool areas were (especially since we could tell that many of the people around us were not staying at the GCH, since they were talking about how easy it was to just spend the afternoon there when they went to DCA).
GCH guests need to complain to guest services (or even ask to speak to the hotel manager).

I have had a CM ask to see my room key while I was taking photos in the pool area (it was early in the morning and the pools were empty).

Related to the pools: These lifts were recently installed on all the pools and spas.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #3089
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

Laundry

We will be in SoCal for a week. We could not get a villa at the 7 month mark so are staying in a GCH room. Does anyone have experience using the laundry area in the hotel? Is it convenient? Do they work okay?

This will change how I pack. I may only do one load of whites if it is sketchy or small or takes a long time (or maybe go offsite). Or if it's just fine, I will do all the clothes and take less.

Thanks in advance.
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
LoveKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #3090
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

I was disappointed in the GCH pool system. After Stormalong Bay at WDW, the GCH pools seemed small and uninteresting. Now, we were there in December, and frankly, it was too cold for more than one trip down the slide. (We headed straight to the hot tub after that!) But, I could see that in warmer weather, the pools would get overcrowded for the size of the hotel. People would need to hover for even the possibility of snagging a chair! Therefore, they really should check hotel keys and issue wristbands to hotel guests to keep the availability for pool and chair use for guests of the hotel. Pool hopping is not allowed, but that has never stopped anyone. If no one is going to enforce the rule, people will take advantage, unfortunately.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: