Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #2926
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

PS. I forgot to mention that the coffee is out all day as well.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #2927
fly girl
DIS Veteran

A few more questions about CL offerings.

Do they have the hard boiled eggs in the morning like WDW started doing?

Did I read it correctly, only 1 hot appetizer per night? Sounds chintzy.

Does CL have cordials available at night with dessert? Also, can you take a beer back to your room? Gee, I sound like a lush . . .
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #2928
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
It's tough, overall not as impressed as I was at World. Breakfast is the same everyday - which is normal as there isn't too much variety for bfast - with muffins, croissants, bagels, sliced cheese, ham & some fruit. Cereal & instant oatmeal packets. Coffee with liquid flavorings like hazelnut, caramel & vanilla. Juice is cranberry & orange. Water & 2% milk. Chocolate milk you have to ask for & someone will bring it out.

Lunch is the same everyday. Tea sandwiches of cucumber, turkey, or salmon. Chocolate covered strawberries, tea cookies & scones. No juices out, just water & the stocked soda.

Dinner has been the same every night too. Veggie tray, cheese tray with crackers. Honestly the crackers suck IMO. Tasteless wafers really. Bread slices & seasoned pita bread wedges,. The hot appetizer has been either chicken or beef southwest rolls. They are just like taquitos. There is also a dipping sauce. Again, no juice, just water.

We made it once for the dessert at night because they do close at 10 and the parks have let off the fireworks at 9:30 & we missed one night by 2 minutes. 10:03 we got back & they already took everything away & locked the doors. The night we did make it we got there at 9:45 & no sooner sat down when we were reminded that we should be leaving soon & please grab what we want & try to leave so that tinker bell could sprinkle her dust & get it clean. There were the typical choc chip cookies - which we took the last 3 & they didn't bring out more, oatmeal raisin, & 2 other little desserts which escape me right now.

Alcohol is not out & you have to ask them for whatever beer or wine you may want. I don't know the variety or selection as I don't drink much & haven't asked for any.

Hope that gives you a good idea of what to expect.

I'm on points for this stay due to various factors & I wouldn't do this again unless my hand was forced - use points I mean.

I paid around 500 something for my stay at Poly concierge, and thought it was definitely worth it. Not sure what the price point is here, but I wouldn't pay much more than at the Poly & honestly IMO even that price is pushing it.

You can see the fireworks from the balcony & they do pipe in the music but your view is really another wing of the hotel with fireworks overhead, you can't see the park at all.

Hope that helps!
Yes. Thanks for the info. Definitely makes me question. Appreciate you taking the time to post though. Very helpful.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #2929
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly girl
A few more questions about CL offerings.

Do they have the hard boiled eggs in the morning like WDW started doing?

Did I read it correctly, only 1 hot appetizer per night? Sounds chintzy.

Does CL have cordials available at night with dessert? Also, can you take a beer back to your room? Gee, I sound like a lush . . .
Oh, yes. I forgot about the eggs. They do, but both mornings my husband couldn't peel them because half the white came off with the shell - maybe he's just unskilled

Yes, only 1 hot appetizer at night. Tonight is the first night it changed & it was some chicken skewer on a stick.

I haven't checked on the cordials with dessert as we had 1 night there & were quickly asked to get our stuff & leave but we plan on going tonight so I'll report back.

The did have 4 beer options & 4 wine options avail for dinner tonight & yes you can ask for them to be brought back to your room.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Old 09-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #2930
cobbler

Yes they do have 4 different cordials at dessert time. One was amaretto, the rest I can't remember.

Tonight they had the cookies, macaroons, some raspberry item & a chocolate tart-like with pears on top.

Disney Races:
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #2931
cobbler

Sent the kids to the lounge to watch the fireworks, I'm too tired after running the half this morning. They don't pipe in the music like I previously thought, it's played through a channel on the tv in the lounge. They said it was kind of quiet but could have probably turned up the tv if you wanted to.

They didn't go out on the balcony to watch, because there were a lot of people out there so I'm not sure if you can hear the music from outside.

The balcony isn't large, it spans the length of the lounge but isn't very wide, about as wide as a balcony off your room. They do have a couple of small table & chairs set up out there though if you'd like to sit, relax, or eat out there instead of being inside.

They do have a story time for the kids at 8:30 we saw tonight. They move all the tables and chairs inside to the perimeter & put a blanket & pillows down for young kids (& adults too I suppose as we saw a couple sitting on the floor) & a CM comes out & tells a story.

Disney Races:
Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #2932
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Taking a quick trip over next week to check out Cars Land for the first time!
Pjimmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #2933
MURPHYCAT
Earning My Ears

Question Room question ---I'm clueless

I have not been to Disneyland for longer than I care to admit---will now visit with my son and dil in mid October. We have chosen premium downtown Disney view rooms.

My question---is it possible to request specific rooms? While I understand it would be request only, is there a "best way" to do this?

We will not arrive until late afternoon and wonder if this is a disadvantage----should we check in by phone in the morning?--would really be so appreciative if you "pros" would help us with this. We are so looking forward to this visit and, like everyone, want it to be special.

Thanks----
MURPHYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #2934
fly girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
Oh, yes. I forgot about the eggs. They do, but both mornings my husband couldn't peel them because half the white came off with the shell - maybe he's just unskilled

Yes, only 1 hot appetizer at night. Tonight is the first night it changed & it was some chicken skewer on a stick.

I haven't checked on the cordials with dessert as we had 1 night there & were quickly asked to get our stuff & leave but we plan on going tonight so I'll report back.

The did have 4 beer options & 4 wine options avail for dinner tonight & yes you can ask for them to be brought back to your room.

Thank you!!

I hope we have better luck with our eggs in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #2935
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURPHYCAT View Post
I have not been to Disneyland for longer than I care to admit---will now visit with my son and dil in mid October. We have chosen premium downtown Disney view rooms.

My question---is it possible to request specific rooms? While I understand it would be request only, is there a "best way" to do this?

We will not arrive until late afternoon and wonder if this is a disadvantage----should we check in by phone in the morning?--would really be so appreciative if you "pros" would help us with this. We are so looking forward to this visit and, like everyone, want it to be special.

Thanks----
Sure its possible to request specific rooms...but its probably an exercise in frustration. It will be difficult to fulfill that request because the room may already be occupied by somebody who checked in a day or two earlier and not checking out until after you get there.

Instead, decide what is important to you and make your request for that general location. Perhaps you want to be near the elevator or on an upper floor. Have that put on your reservation (call the number you booked the reservation through) and then when you do checkin ask if your requests were honored.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #2936
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Are all of the DVC rooms in the same area? We will be staying in a one room DVC, so I didn't know if requesting an area/room would even be something that I need to look into. Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #2937
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
Are all of the DVC rooms in the same area? We will be staying in a one room DVC, so I didn't know if requesting an area/room would even be something that I need to look into. Thanks!
The DVC villas are all in the same wing but have a few different views. Check out this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44522663
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #2938
MURPHYCAT
Earning My Ears

Red face Rooms and views

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw lover View Post
sure its possible to request specific rooms...but its probably an exercise in frustration. It will be difficult to fulfill that request because the room may already be occupied by somebody who checked in a day or two earlier and not checking out until after you get there.

Instead, decide what is important to you and make your request for that general location. Perhaps you want to be near the elevator or on an upper floor. Have that put on your reservation (call the number you booked the reservation through) and then when you do checkin ask if your requests were honored.
Thanks for your input. We have taken your advice and will hope for the best!
MURPHYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #2939
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler
I experienced the same unpeelable eggs this morning. My wife informed me this indicates the eggs are fresh.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #2940
viaggiamo
Mouseketeer

Great info about the concierge lounge, we have been debating about upgrading too as we love these lounges throughout Asia.
I think we'll skip it and just buy snacks that we like.
viaggiamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: