Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #2896
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Well, now you have me questioning ... again. The decision that will never be made.

Anyone have anything positive to say about theme park views at the Grand?

By the way, I was told, and I know they sometimes don't always know the right answers, but that "premium" view indicated views of Disney California Adventure, not Downtown Disney.
Try going to google maps for Disneyland. You'll be able to see just how spread out GCH is. DCA is also pretty big so a lot of rooms may overlook it but what they see will be things like the Redwood Creek Challenge or Grizzly Peak. There's nothing wrong with these views and I actually request it when staying at the villas. I find it very peaceful to be among the trees, listening to the 'birds'. However, if you want the lights and excitement of the Mickey Wheel, etc. then the new wing is where you'll see them. May also be able to see some WOC too.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #2897
Tonga Toast
Earning My Ears

Senior Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
This year 30%

Jack
Whoo Whee, that would be fantastic!!!
1998 - Disney World Honeymoon
2008 - Disney World and Disney Cruise
2009 - Disney World and Disney Cruise
2010 - Disney World
2011 - Disney World
2012 - Disney Aulani
2013 - Disneyland, Disney World, and Disney Cruise whoo whee!
2014 - The Disney triumvirate (or Quartet?) - Disney World, Disney Hilton Head Resort, Paris Disneyland, Disneyland
Tonga Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #2898
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Didn't stay at the GC this year but I had to stop and take some shots again. This is a similar shot I have taken before but showing more of the ceiling work.

I'll post more in a few days.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #2899
Ellielovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Wink

Thanks Nonsuch,,,just booked with the gaydays rate...saved $450.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #2900
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Thanks. Any other opinions? I have this romantic notion of fireworks from our balcony and a glass of wine at end of day. Very happy family, postcard-like, I know. Am I just kidding myself?
I LOVE DTD views and that is what I miss most staying at the Villas..all the sparkly lights and the music entertaining me on the balcony while I have my wine.. Of course a view of Mickey's Wheel of Death and WOC is great too, but just loved that DTD view.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #2901
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

If you stay concierge is it like Disney World where they will book all your dining, tours, etc. before your arrival? At Disney World I haven't found that service very valuable, since they have online dining reservations, but at Disneyland, where online reservations aren't yet offered, that could be more useful.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #2902
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I LOVE DTD views and that is what I miss most staying at the Villas..all the sparkly lights and the music entertaining me on the balcony while I have my wine.. Of course a view of Mickey's Wheel of Death and WOC is great too, but just loved that DTD view.
I am with you, we loved out DTD view, I would sit on the balcony listen to the night music, watch the fire works and relax..I would sit there until the park closes..just very nice.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #2903
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom
If you stay concierge is it like Disney World where they will book all your dining, tours, etc. before your arrival? At Disney World I haven't found that service very valuable, since they have online dining reservations, but at Disneyland, where online reservations aren't yet offered, that could be more useful.
Not sure if this helps, but I know that any guest staying on DLR property can use the services of Disney Vacation Planners. For example, we wanted reservations for the Fantasmic dessert party. We called DVP before the official window opened, they took our info and called in our reservation the morning it was available, then called us back. Easy!

As far as ADRs, they are not nearly as necessary at DLR as they are at WDW, but DVP will make those too.

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #2904
KCmike

2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #2905
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
Not sure if this helps, but I know that any guest staying on DLR property can use the services of Disney Vacation Planners. For example, we wanted reservations for the Fantasmic dessert party. We called DVP before the official window opened, they took our info and called in our reservation the morning it was available, then called us back. Easy!

As far as ADRs, they are not nearly as necessary at DLR as they are at WDW, but DVP will make those too.
How do you get in touch with them? I did a web search but all the links I came up with were from 2006 or before.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #2906
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

I
Quote:
How do you get in touch with them? I did a web search but all the links I came up with were from 2006 or before.
The number should be at the top of the second page of your reservation confirmation sheet /email
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #2907
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:

I use a lady by the name of Lauren flicker at lauren.flicker@disney.com

She is very good.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #2908
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I use a lady by the name of Lauren flicker at lauren.flicker@disney.com

She is very good.

Jack
I am saving that name, Jack, since I had issues in the past. Thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #2909
mommommom
Mouseketeer

KC Mike, I love those pics, especially of the ceiling. Very cool!

Happily married to the "wide right" guy.

mommommom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #2910
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommommom View Post
KC Mike, I love those pics, especially of the ceiling. Very cool!
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: