Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #2821
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joihan777 View Post
If you all will be doing your own in-room coffee, you're in luck. The machines use 8-12 cup sized paper filters and can be set for 'regular' or 'strong' brewing.
Only the Villas have a normal coffee maker. The Hotel rooms use small filter packs and brew 2 cups.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #2822
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Only the Villas have a normal coffee maker. The Hotel rooms use small filter packs and brew 2 cups.
I see the picture of the coffee pots on page 1 but do you know if I could use my own 2-4 cup filter and coffee in it?
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #2823
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
I see the picture of the coffee pots on page 1 but do you know if I could use my own 2-4 cup filter and coffee in it?
Earlier in this thread (9/2011):
New Coffee Makers
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #2824
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much!!! Not thrilled about the kind of coffee they have but it will have to do.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #2825
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

This is an awesome thread!! Is it correct that a courtyard view can see the monorail tracks from the balcony? What would be request be? What floor? How far is this from the secret entrance? TIA

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #2826
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Does anyone know if they are still giving out the special fastpasses to each quest staying at a resort hotel?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #2827
subtchr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Does anyone know if they are still giving out the special fastpasses to each quest staying at a resort hotel?

Jack
I'll let you know tomorrow!

Ft. Wilderness Campground '77, Offsite '81, '83, Dixie Landings '97, Shades of Green '00, DL/DCA Offsite '02, Contemporary '03, AKL '04, SoG/HRH '06, PPH, DL/DCA '06, ASMu 2/09, Beach Club 12/09, Numerous trips as a group tour guide (best job ever!), GC DL/DCA 6/12, UO/Royal Pacific 12/14

My June '06 trip report December 09 Beach Club trip report
subtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #2828
MizzFran17
Earning My Ears

Hey all! I've tried searching the thread but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

We are finally staying at GCH in October, so excited! Originally I booked a standard room, then upgraded to Partial DTD View. I know this is because there will be obstructions, like trees. But Are these rooms right on the DTD strip? that would still be awesome if that's the case.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to try to get upgraded for free, or try to get the best room on that view level, maybe a higher floor?

TIA!
MizzFran17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #2829
TeddiBarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Pretty sure that it's a "not at this time", Jack. They usually advertise it on the website and mention it with booking, and I just made a ressie couple days ago and they said we would have Extra Magic Hours.
Back to Disneyworld- Nov/Dec 2014 ???

Recent trips to Disneyland:
2012: July- 1st stay @ the Grand Californian! Feb @ Paradise Pier
2013: Feb Weekend trip @ DLH, APR Mom & daughters Spring trip, Holiday Inn
Coming Up: June 18 - 22 @ PP, Aug for the Expo
TeddiBarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #2830
Kat in WA
Mouseketeer

Quiet board!!

Was frantically reading this board in preparation for our first trip to the GCH next week and now it has gone very quiet. Would like to email the hotel to politely "remind" them of our celebrations (25th anniversary, college/high school graduations). Don't have time to re-read the whole thread, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Hello?!? Anyone out there?

Me , DH , DD 23 , DD 20 [
Kat in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #2831
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

I always go through vacation planning for special events, requests, priority seating arrangement etc. I would email them, they just need to know your reservation number to verify that you are staying at one of the three resport hotels.The search I did online gave me this address, vacationplanning@disneyonline.com. Good luck, and have a great trip!
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2832
Kat in WA
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!

Thank you, gardengirl, for your quick response!! I did send an email to them in regards to our celebrations. We are celebrating our 25th, oldest daughter's graduation from college, and youngest daughter's graduation from high school. This is certainly a splurge for us ($$$$) and wondered if Disney could do anything above and beyond. Will let you know how it turns out!!!

Me , DH , DD 23 , DD 20 [
Kat in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #2833
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

I am happy to help a fellow Disr from the Pacific NW! I hope that Disney sprinkles some of it's pixie dust on your upcoming trip, you certainly have a bouquet of celebrations to enjoy. Congratulations on all of it. You will LOVE the GCH! I would love to hear your feedback from the trip.
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #2834
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Hello, we just returned from a four-night stay and loved it once again!! The number one thing I wanted to report on is the secret exit is no longer viable. We walked down the staircase but there was a sign on the door saying the alarm would sound if the door was opened and that the door was NOT to be used for access to DTD or to DCA. So, that resulted in a longer walk for us because we had to walk all the way back up and around to eventually get out of the hotel!

For EMH, we went to the main gates instead of using the GCH entrance. I was the first person in my turnstile lines each day when getting to the main gate each day at 6:15/6:20. My family would join me about 6:45.

Our girls, ages 8 and 12, spent three hours at Pinnochio's Workshop one evening. They liked it. Our 12yo was too old to be there, really, but she went into it with a good attitude because she knows DH and I like some adult time at Disney. Their policies and procedures for safety are TOP NOTCH, I would highly reccomend it. They did all sorts of fun activities and even went up to the Concierge Lounge to watch fireworks at 9:30. This childcare center is top of the line.

LOVE the service we received at GCH and love the decor and close proximity the parks. We truly love staying here!!

There were a few negatives and here they are:
-Water in the shower would turn from just right to freezing cold then back to just right. Not ideal but that cold water really woke me up at 5:30.
-A couple times the water in the sinks would not drain.....pretty gross to look down and see my toothpaste spit just sitting there in yucky water. It would eventually go down. I'm thinking the sink pipes might be a bit clogged with who knows what and need a good dose of draino to clear them out.
-Pool water was downright chilly. Everyone in our family commented on this and we were surprised the water was kept so cold.
None of these were deal breakers, of course, just negatives I happen to note.
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #2835
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie in AZ View Post
Hello, we just returned from a four-night stay and loved it once again!! The number one thing I wanted to report on is the secret exit is no longer viable. We walked down the staircase but there was a sign on the door saying the alarm would sound if the door was opened and that the door was NOT to be used for access to DTD or to DCA. So, that resulted in a longer walk for us because we had to walk all the way back up and around to eventually get out of the hotel!

For EMH, we went to the main gates instead of using the GCH entrance. I was the first person in my turnstile lines each day when getting to the main gate each day at 6:15/6:20. My family would join me about 6:45.

Our girls, ages 8 and 12, spent three hours at Pinnochio's Workshop one evening. They liked it. Our 12yo was too old to be there, really, but she went into it with a good attitude because she knows DH and I like some adult time at Disney. Their policies and procedures for safety are TOP NOTCH, I would highly reccomend it. They did all sorts of fun activities and even went up to the Concierge Lounge to watch fireworks at 9:30. This childcare center is top of the line.

LOVE the service we received at GCH and love the decor and close proximity the parks. We truly love staying here!!

There were a few negatives and here they are:
-Water in the shower would turn from just right to freezing cold then back to just right. Not ideal but that cold water really woke me up at 5:30.
-A couple times the water in the sinks would not drain.....pretty gross to look down and see my toothpaste spit just sitting there in yucky water. It would eventually go down. I'm thinking the sink pipes might be a bit clogged with who knows what and need a good dose of draino to clear them out.
-Pool water was downright chilly. Everyone in our family commented on this and we were surprised the water was kept so cold.
None of these were deal breakers, of course, just negatives I happen to note.
Bummer..but I'm not surprised..I'd have thought they would have done this long ago, but still...bummer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: