Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #2311
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom23 View Post
We checked out yesterday. When we got to the airport, my DD realized she didn't have her kindle. I called the hotel right away. Luckily, they found it and fed exed it overnight to me. So grateful!
I'm so glad they found it!

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #2312
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
What is really going to spoil us is the 1 bedroom villa.
You will not want to stay in a regular hotel room again
A full kitchen and 2 baths
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #2313
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to confirm that the room we had overlooking DTD was 5155. I will go back and edit my old posts in order to avoid confusion! Sorry about that

If you want a great view of fireworks but still want to access your room through the main lobby elevators, the rooms along this floor overlooking Downtown Disney are great. All the rooms next to us were also just as good. While we sat on our balcony in the evenings watching fireworks, many of the other rooms near us did too. It was like a little party!
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #2314
ttfn2u2pooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Just wanted to confirm that the room we had overlooking DTD was 5155. I will go back and edit my old posts in order to avoid confusion! Sorry about that

If you want a great view of fireworks but still want to access your room through the main lobby elevators, the rooms along this floor overlooking Downtown Disney are great. All the rooms next to us were also just as good. While we sat on our balcony in the evenings watching fireworks, many of the other rooms near us did too. It was like a little party!
Are you able to request such a specific area upon check-in? I know you can only request and that they won't guarantee anything but what are the odds? Right now, we just have concierge level reservations but I'm really ready to upgrade that to include a DTD view since we'll be there in mid Sept, park closing early and we love to people watch.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #2315
summer0407
Mouseketeer

Just got back from 3 nights. The stay was fantastic! We were upgraded from a standard room to a downtown disney view without even asking room was super clean and I did not feel it was small as I have read. We had 2 queen beds. They had no problem getting us an adjoining room we had 5137 and 5139. Recv'd a birthday button, balloons, and signed character photos upon check in. We were greeted as soon as we got off the shuttle and taken directly to registration where we waited maybe 2 minutes before we were helped. The check in process was a bit long but we did have 2 rooms to check in. All in all it was a really good experience.My favorite part was the cabana. We rented it all day but actually only stayed about 4 hours it was amazing and worth every penny. Not sure if we will stay here again but we had a lot of fun and no complaints at all!

Last edited by summer0407; 06-26-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
summer0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #2316
SeansMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer0407 View Post
Just got back from 3 nights. The stay was fantastic! We were upgraded from a standard room to a downtown disney view without even asking room was super clean and I did not feel it was small as I have read. We had 2 queen beds. They had no problem getting us an adjoining room we had 5137 and 5139. Recv'd a birthday button, balloons, and signed character photos upon check in. We were greeted as soon as we got off the shuttle and taken directly to registration where we waited maybe 2 minutes before we were helped. The check in process was a bit long but we did have 2 rooms to check in. All in all it was a really good experience.My favorite part was the cabana. We rented it all day but actually only stayed about 4 hours it was amazing and worth every penny. Not sure if we will stay here again but we had a lot of fun and no complaints at all!
Sounds like an awesome trip!
SeansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #2317
tigerlilly
Mouseketeer

Gch ???

Thanks so much for all the responses ☺

Jack…We are going the last week of July….I called and asked for DTD with bunk beds 2 adults 3 children and they said DTD view does not sleep 5? Which was odd since they are the same rooms…they said there were no bunk beds available. I tried online for DTD view but when I enter 5 guests it will not give me DTD view option. When I enter 4 guests it does? Odd yes…oh well. I did request courtyard for the standard and I will probably call back and insist they have DTD view with bunk beds ☺

Nonsuch….we almost did GC DVC last year…at the time they only had a few left but we did the tour and thought about it but we had a opportunity to buy a vacation cabin so my husband won that battle …..but at least I still get to go to Disneyland ☺

Lisa…thanks again for the info. As of right now we have the AP rate of $334 a night for the standard so I guess I will call back and look into the DTD view since I have something to go off of!

Thanks again!
tigerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #2318
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to try out the cabana's this trip. Glad to hear you had such a good time.

Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #2319
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were upgraded from a standard room to a downtown disney view without even asking...
They had no problem getting us an adjoining room we had 5137 and 5139.
The adjoining room request might have resulted in the view upgrade
I had a view upgrade when I requested a room with bunk beds
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #2320
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Just wanted to share that my GCV waitlist for Nov 30 came through! Gosh, I love that resort!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #2321
JosieGirl71
Dreaming of sun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Just wanted to share that my GCV waitlist for Nov 30 came through! Gosh, I love that resort!
That's awesome, Jenny! Just had to thank you for your suggestion about renting DVC points for our trip last year. It was too late for last year's trip but we are staying at GCV in September. Thank you!

November/December 2013: Ayres Inn Orange
November 2012: Crowne Plaza
September 2011: VGC to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
October 2010: Crowne Plaza
December 2008: Hyatt Regency
December 2007: Hilton
December 2004: Hojo's
JosieGirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #2322
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
That's awesome, Jenny! Just had to thank you for your suggestion about renting DVC points for our trip last year. It was too late for last year's trip but we are staying at GCV in September. Thank you!
I'm so glad! You are going to love it. It's a beautiful resort.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #2323
JosieGirl71
Dreaming of sun...

In all the years we've been going to Disneyland, the only time we have been on the grounds of GCH was to go into Whitewater Snacks once. We have never even seen the lobby. Can't wait!

November/December 2013: Ayres Inn Orange
November 2012: Crowne Plaza
September 2011: VGC to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
October 2010: Crowne Plaza
December 2008: Hyatt Regency
December 2007: Hilton
December 2004: Hojo's
JosieGirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #2324
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
In all the years we've been going to Disneyland, the only time we have been on the grounds of GCH was to go into Whitewater Snacks once. We have never even seen the lobby. Can't wait!

If you click on my ptr below, I posted a ton of pics. You are going to flip! Seriously. It will be hard to stay anywhere else. How much per point? Is that too personal? I've seen the GCV up to $13 per point.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #2325
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
You will not want to stay in a regular hotel room again