Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #2296
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
Hi Lisa in CA, I am a Lisa in CA too!

Anyway...thank you for posting. I made reservations this week for GCH and asked for DTD view with bunks and was informed they did not have them! Is the fifth floor considered concierge by any chance?

I am just tired of getting a different answer every time I call Disney. We have stayed at GCH a few times always theme park view and every single time I don't get one request in terms of location of view (last year we had a view of a tree lol...but we were facing condor flats)....this year with the price over $500 (tax included) with an AP for a theme park view I decided I would do DTD view...nope....no bunk beds!

So I booked standard and if I get the parking lot I will probably cry since my favorite thing is to sit on the balcony for a few hours every afternoon.

Honestly I don't mind paying for the view I want as long as I know what I am getting is going to be worth over $500

Thanks for any info you might have!
That is very strange. When did you plan on going? Did ask if they were sold out? I would call again...stand you will usually get the courtyard or the parking lot, so I would try again and again until you get what you want. You pay extra for the DTD view or park view..just strange.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #2297
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Honestly I don't mind paying for the view I want as long as I know what I am getting is going to be worth over $500
If you travel to Disneyland often and are comfortable paying $500, you should consider Disney Vacation Club

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #2298
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Lisa in CA, I am a Lisa in CA too!

Anyway...thank you for posting. I made reservations this week for GCH and asked for DTD view with bunks and was informed they did not have them! Is the fifth floor considered concierge by any chance?

I am just tired of getting a different answer every time I call Disney. We have stayed at GCH a few times always theme park view and every single time I don't get one request in terms of location of view (last year we had a view of a tree lol...but we were facing condor flats)....this year with the price over $500 (tax included) with an AP for a theme park view I decided I would do DTD view...nope....no bunk beds!

So I booked standard and if I get the parking lot I will probably cry since my favorite thing is to sit on the balcony for a few hours every afternoon.

Thanks for any info you might have!
Hi Lisa,
Sorry I just noticed this now. No, our room was not concierge. We have never stayed concierge anywhere, because the price is just too high for us. Our room was on the 5th floor (I did request that) and we paid for the downtown disney view. When I called to make our reservations they told me that they do have bunk bed rooms with the downtown disney view, so I would call back again to get a different agent. These agents are located in Florida, and often don't know that much about the GC. Our room number was 5155. I got 30% using the "Spring Savings" rate (not AP). If we had booked a standard room it would have been about 339.00 per night, but I upgraded to a downtown disney view, so I paid 379.00 per night.

Try calling a different booking agent and see what they say about your request.

Good luck!

Lia

Last edited by LisainCalifornia; 06-26-2011 at 12:13 PM.
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #2299
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
I just wanted to say Lisa, thanks for posting the pictures you always do. Whether it's your recent stay at GCH or the DLH, your pictures are helpful in many ways. It's a nice break in the day to see your pictures and I'm literally counting the days until my August trip. I really looking forward to the look on my wife's face when we first arrive at the GCH for check in. She's going to be in for a surprise having not been in DL for 24 years.

Once again, thanks Lisa.
Thank you! I also took video of our room view, and plan on getting that up there someday soon! I just haven't had a chance to go through our videos yet. I am not the best photographer (as my husband will tell you!)--so they aren't great videos--but they do show the view from our balcony, including the fireworks view.

Thanks for your kind comments, and I hope you and your wife have a great trip in August!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #2300
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Our room number was 1555.
More likely 5155
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #2301
SeansMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Hi Lisa,
Sorry I just noticed this now. No, our room was not concierge. We have never stayed concierge anywhere, because the price is just too high for us. Our room was on the 5th floor (I did request that) and we paid for the downtown disney view. When I called to make our reservations they told me that they do have bunk bed rooms with the downtown disney view, so I would call back again to get a different agent. These agents are located in Florida, and often don't know that much about the GC. Our room number was 1555. I got 30% using the "Spring Savings" rate (not AP). If we had booked a standard room it would have been about 339.00 per night, but I upgraded to a downtown disney view, so I paid 379.00 per night.

Try calling a different booking agent and see what they say about your request.

Good luck!

Lia
I'm not sure the kind and friendly folks at reservations ever really know what is happening onsite at GCH. We were told we would be in a room with a daybed, but were assigned two queens. However, when requested I've found most hotels, including the GCH, will do all they can to meet kindly made requests. Thus, we were moved to a room with a daybed. BTW, we did NOT have conceriage level, but we WERE on the 6th floor. Maybe that'a all they had available? Anyway, just thought I'd mention that as it is possible to get what you want, but I wouldn't bother communicating that much with the reservation agent as they seem to have little or no control over what happens onsite. Whew! Did I ramble enough?
SeansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #2302
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
More likely 5155
Sorry, I think you are right! 5155
Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #2303
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #2304
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansMom View Post
I'm not sure the kind and friendly folks at reservations ever really know what is happening onsite at GCH. We were told we would be in a room with a daybed, but were assigned two queens. However, when requested I've found most hotels, including the GCH, will do all they can to meet kindly made requests. Thus, we were moved to a room with a daybed. BTW, we did NOT have conceriage level, but we WERE on the 6th floor. Maybe that'a all they had available? Anyway, just thought I'd mention that as it is possible to get what you want, but I wouldn't bother communicating that much with the reservation agent as they seem to have little or no control over what happens onsite. Whew! Did I ramble enough?
The people I talk with are on site.

Jack
Old 06-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #2305
ttfn2u2pooh
Mouseketeer

I've read where the rooms at GCH have the Pack-n-Play type beds for children. Does anyone know if full size cribs are available upon request?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #2306
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn2u2pooh View Post
I've read where the rooms at GCH have the Pack-n-Play type beds for children. Does anyone know if full size cribs are available upon request?
Actually the villas (DVC) have pack and plays in the villas. The hotel has cribs.
We were able to get a crib for my 18 mos DGD even though we were in the villas.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #2307
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

WHOOPEE!!!

After years of dreaming I booked our first trip to the Grand Californian!! We'll be in the DVC Villas and I couldn't be more excited. For so many trips we've just been cutting through the hotel on our way to and from other places or relaxing in the Hearthstone Lounge. I can't believe that I'll be staying there soon!

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #2308
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
WHOOPEE!!!

After years of dreaming I booked our first trip to the Grand Californian!! We'll be in the DVC Villas and I couldn't be more excited. For so many trips we've just been cutting through the hotel on our way to and from other places or relaxing in the Hearthstone Lounge. I can't believe that I'll be staying there soon!
Have a great time we have become very spoiled and now my wife will not stay any place else even if she has to work weeks of overtime.

Jack
Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #2309
disneymom23
Mouseketeer

We checked out yesterday. When we got to the airport, my DD realized she didn't have her kindle. I called the hotel right away. Luckily, they found it and fed exed it overnight to me. So grateful!
disneymom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #2310
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Have a great time we have become very spoiled and now my wife will not stay any place else even if she has to work weeks of overtime.

Jack
We've been spoiled by the DLH for years. Its weird to think that with all the new renovations, we won't be experiencing them for ourselves.

What is really going to spoil us is the 1 bedroom villa.

WOWEE! I can't wait!!

Lucille1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: