Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #2266
Caseystigger


Mouseketeer
 
Caseystigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 505

Cabana Info

Where can I find more info about the cabana's? Prices, times, ect?
__________________


Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #2267
disneyfan67


Diehard Cowboy fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
Where can I find more info about the cabana's? Prices, times, ect?


From a older thread, this was the number that was posted. (714-635-2300).

It's the hotel itself and you have several options, but stay on the line and speak to the hotel directly. Just ask about reserving a pool cabana, what dates you want, and they will let you know what's available. That's what I did last night and it worked for me.
disneyfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #2268
Caseystigger


Mouseketeer
 
Caseystigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
From a older thread, this was the number that was posted. (714-635-2300).

It's the hotel itself and you have several options, but stay on the line and speak to the hotel directly. Just ask about reserving a pool cabana, what dates you want, and they will let you know what's available. That's what I did last night and it worked for me.
Okay great. Thanks!
__________________


Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #2269
kikiq
DIS Veteran
 
kikiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
Well, last night I called the hotel directly and spoke to Samantha, who couldn't have been more nicer. I booked a cabana for a 2pm to 6pm time slot and said I got a discount for booking early. IMO, slowing down a little on vacation and enjoying some pool time is well worth it. For a $110 dollars, I figure it wouldn't hurt to try this once and why not? The GC is a beautiful hotel and it's nice knowing I have a reserved spot, with shade, and drinks provided. She also noted since it's my boys birthday while we're there, there will be a surprise waiting for them. I'm really looking forward to this trip and being there for 5 days, I don't have to worry about missing anything by taking some breaks.
I don't know that you got a discount unless they have raised the prices. $110 is the price we paid Memorial Day weekend. It is WORTH it, to walk into the pool area at 2 when everyone is trolling for a spot and there's your name on a cabana. My family felt it was well worth the money not for anyone to give up park time to "hold" chairs or put towels/shoes/slippers on lounge chairs and risk people moving them. We don't do Goofy's Kitchen character dinner anymore so this was a bargain compared to paying for 9 dinners.
__________________
Are you feelin' it?
DLR and WDW AP family

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #2270
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds
 
blackjackdelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So. Eastern Washington
Posts: 8,450

When I reserved ours I was told $110/half day and $180 for a full day. Hours for us is 0930-1800, that was a couple of weeks ago. I just used vacation planning which I use for all my reservations while I am there.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #2271
disneyfan67


Diehard Cowboy fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
I don't know that you got a discount unless they have raised the prices. $110 is the price we paid Memorial Day weekend. It is WORTH it, to walk into the pool area at 2 when everyone is trolling for a spot and there's your name on a cabana. My family felt it was well worth the money not for anyone to give up park time to "hold" chairs or put towels/shoes/slippers on lounge chairs and risk people moving them. We don't do Goofy's Kitchen character dinner anymore so this was a bargain compared to paying for 9 dinners.


A CM named Samantha on the phone told me that the price was $150 for a half day, but by booking early, I got it for $110. I don't know if she was making the deal sound better than it really was, but truthfully, this is what she told me. I found her to be very helpful and she had great customer service skills on the phone. I figure it's well worth it having our own spot with shade when you need it, and a place right by the pool to relax. Vacations are very hard to come by for me, so I'm making this one count.
disneyfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #2272
hjgaus
DIS Veteran
 
hjgaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
Well, last night I called the hotel directly and spoke to Samantha, who couldn't have been more nicer. I booked a cabana for a 2pm to 6pm time slot and said I got a discount for booking early. IMO, slowing down a little on vacation and enjoying some pool time is well worth it. For a $110 dollars, I figure it wouldn't hurt to try this once and why not? The GC is a beautiful hotel and it's nice knowing I have a reserved spot, with shade, and drinks provided. She also noted since it's my boys birthday while we're there, there will be a surprise waiting for them. I'm really looking forward to this trip and being there for 5 days, I don't have to worry about missing anything by taking some breaks.
That's great that you booked & by getting a special surprise for your celebration but when I called directly and changed my date & times barely a week ahead of our stay there was no mention of discount for booking a cabana early. They just said "$110 for half day or $185 for full day."
They do serve you your drinks in the nice acrylic bar ware instead of the neon color coded plastic cups everyone else gets and the platter of provided fruit was quaint but not enough to feed my party. Your mini fridge comes with 6 mini water bottles and there is a basket of towels for use. I think there was a docker of iPods (my clan brought iPads) The personal attention(a buzzer for attendant if needeed) was awesome so really enjoy your time with the cabana!! By the you can reserve for a big party as we waited all saturday to see this mysterious BELL Family that had reserved the ENTIRE cabanas for the whole day! We orignally reserved the whole day as well then changed to half. When I called in the 1st time - all open. the 2nd time they said they would be booked due to pirates premiere. I said the weather doesn't look that good. CM maid it sound like different people would book all day but when we arrived sat in the AM it was just us. The BELL family never showed up in the morning OR for their 2 -7 slot! ALL the cabanas remained empty until we left our lounge chairs(close by cabanas) at 6PM!!! Disney big wigs came by all day to make sure they were cleaned up and supplied with party food etc... By the time we got to our room and looked out the balcony(had the grand villa whiched faced the cabanas) an entire kids party was happening!! So I guess if you have that kinda money to blow $665 for ALL DAY PLUS Xtra 2 hours rental they CAN make it VERY special!! I think they (BELL FAMILY) decided not to show til AFTER rental hours cuz they were told that 1 would be rented all day (BY THE GAUS FAMILY - thats US LOL) but did not know it would be changed! We kept wondering if it had something to do with the pirates premiere like some star's kids bday party but non of the CM's would fess up! I think the CM's were alittle annoyed with us cuz we would not budge from our lounge chairs in front of cabanas! Never did find out who it was but it made our time by the pool that day very interesting!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #2273
hjgaus
DIS Veteran
 
hjgaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 843

OOPS!! meant to say A docker FOR iPods!! LOL
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #2274
hjgaus
DIS Veteran
 
hjgaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 843

another spelling error - should be CM made not maid!! LOL!! I'm such a dork! LOL This is my first time constantly reading and chatting back on this board!! So much fun - have to much time on my hands since school is out!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #2275
helenb
Wishing for the World...
 
helenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,016

Question: at the GCH pool, do they have showers (even if just for rinsing) or do you have to go back to your room to rinse?
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #2276
bethy
I love Disneyland best at night
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Walt's Park
Posts: 1,501

Can anyone confirm that the earliest you can reserve a cabana is 10 days ahead? I don't want to miss my window of opportunity. I'm still trying to decide between a whole and a half day . . . What is the cancellation policy? Do you pay for the cabana up front? Final question: Are the drinks and menu items the same selection and prices as they are when ordering from the regular lounge chairs?
__________________
bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #2277
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer
 
BunnieGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethy View Post
Can anyone confirm that the earliest you can reserve a cabana is 10 days ahead? I don't want to miss my window of opportunity. I'm still trying to decide between a whole and a half day . . . What is the cancellation policy? Do you pay for the cabana up front? Final question: Are the drinks and menu items the same selection and prices as they are when ordering from the regular lounge chairs?
We were able to reserve our cabana at the 60 day mark. We only reserved the afternoon, because we will be doing the parks in the mornings. I believe the cost is just added to our hotel bill, and I don't recall discussing a cancellation policy with the concierge/cast member. I think the menu is different...maybe the White Water Snacks menu plus adult beverages, but again I'm fuzzy about that.
__________________
Geaux Tigers!!! Who Dat!!!
BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #2278
bethy
I love Disneyland best at night
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Walt's Park
Posts: 1,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnieGene View Post
We were able to reserve our cabana at the 60 day mark. We only reserved the afternoon, because we will be doing the parks in the mornings. I believe the cost is just added to our hotel bill, and I don't recall discussing a cancellation policy with the concierge/cast member. I think the menu is different...maybe the White Water Snacks menu plus adult beverages, but again I'm fuzzy about that.
Thank you so much! Based on this I went ahead and called and got the LAST full day rental! phew! No cancellation policy was mentioned, btw.
__________________
bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #2279
hjgaus
DIS Veteran
 
hjgaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethy View Post
Can anyone confirm that the earliest you can reserve a cabana is 10 days ahead? I don't want to miss my window of opportunity. I'm still trying to decide between a whole and a half day . . . What is the cancellation policy? Do you pay for the cabana up front? Final question: Are the drinks and menu items the same selection and prices as they are when ordering from the regular lounge chairs?

I never looked at the price for drinks but I assume they would be same.
We ordered wine, mixed drinks and non alchoholic mixed drinks (those came in plastic cups to separate from the teenagers)
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #2280
hjgaus
DIS Veteran
 
hjgaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
Question: at the GCH pool, do they have showers (even if just for rinsing) or do you have to go back to your room to rinse?
Yes they do. They are between the pool w/slide and the restrooms. We saw lots of people wearing the robes from the rooms.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Californian DVC karrit2000 Disney Rumors and News 3 08-23-2007 06:27 PM
Trading Grand Florida for Grand Californian pin smiley76 Virtual Traders Market 1 06-22-2007 04:23 PM
Inspired by which view at Grand Californian hotel thread. Disneyland1084 Disneyland (California) 6 06-07-2007 12:27 AM
I need Narnia, Yeti 3/5, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian Chickysmom Virtual Traders Market 5 02-19-2006 08:25 AM
Grand Californian vs. Grand Floridian tvwalsh Purchasing DVC 16 12-31-2005 10:49 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: