Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #2236
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
...I'm hoping to get near the pools, but if I don't, it wont affect my vacation...
I highly recommend you email a room request to member services. 1-bedroom villas are assigned in advance to ensure that 2-bedroom lockoff villas are available when needed. I make requests using specific room numbers, but general descriptions can be used (high/ground floor, pool/park view).
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #2237
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Normally we could care less about the pools since we have one but last night everyone(except I) voted to rent a cabana for a day so I guess that will be a new experience.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #2238
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Normally we could care less about the pools since we have one but last night everyone(except I) voted to rent a cabana for a day so I guess that will be a new experience.

Jack
I love having a cabana...hope you enjoy it
Old 06-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #2239
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnieGene View Post
I love having a cabana...hope you enjoy it
It will definately be a change of pace for us, but thanks. I most
likely will be in the parks.

Jack
Old 06-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #2240
bethy
I love Disneyland best at night

Hi everyone, we are going to Disneyland in July - it will be our first ever summer trip. We are staying at VGC. We are travelling with an 8-week-old for the first time and are adjusting our typical vacation plans accordingly. So I have two questions for y'all:

1. Because we're needing to have a more relaxed trip we are thinking of renting a pool cabana. Does anyone know if we can do this ahead of time? and if so who should I contact? The hotel concierge?

2. Our baby LOVES our rocking chair and I am trying to remember whether I've previously seen rocking chairs somewhere in the GCH lobby or if I am just imagining it . . . If she's fussy it would be nice to be able try and use those if I'm desperate.

I'm crossing my fingers for a smooth trip with baby!

thanks!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #2241
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethy View Post
Hi everyone, we are going to Disneyland in July - it will be our first ever summer trip. We are staying at VGC. We are travelling with an 8-week-old for the first time and are adjusting our typical vacation plans accordingly. So I have two questions for y'all:

1. Because we're needing to have a more relaxed trip we are thinking of renting a pool cabana. Does anyone know if we can do this ahead of time? and if so who should I contact? The hotel concierge?

2. Our baby LOVES our rocking chair and I am trying to remember whether I've previously seen rocking chairs somewhere in the GCH lobby or if I am just imagining it . . . If she's fussy it would be nice to be able try and use those if I'm desperate.

I'm crossing my fingers for a smooth trip with baby!

thanks!
We rented a pool cabana last year - it was awesome. I had vacation planning do it because they were also doing some other reservations for us. But you can call the hotel concierge directly and book it. They take bookings at 10 days prior.

Rocking Chairs - if they had them it would be in the fireplace area - just can really recall if they are there. Hopefully someone else has noticed.

Have a great time.

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #2242
Kauinohea
Mouseketeer

Bunk Bed Rooms with Park View

Wondering if there are bunk bed rooms with Park View? If there are...any suggestions on bunk bed rooms with a good view? We'll be celebrating my son's 4th birthday and hope to be able to request a "magical" room
Kauinohea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:49 AM   #2243
Kauinohea
Mouseketeer

bump
Old 06-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #2244
marts35
Mouseketeer

bethy
Quote:
Our baby LOVES our rocking chair and I am trying to remember whether I've previously seen rocking chairs somewhere in the GCH lobby or if I am just imagining it . . . If she's fussy it would be nice to be able try and use those if I'm desperate.
There are wonderful Rocking Chairs in the Fireplace area where we have spent many relaxing happy hours. The piano player is often there playing lovely music which also might be soothing for the baby.

Hope you have a great trip!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #2245
VallCopen
VGC Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauinohea View Post
Wondering if there are bunk bed rooms with Park View? If there are...any suggestions on bunk bed rooms with a good view? We'll be celebrating my son's 4th birthday and hope to be able to request a "magical" room
Yes there are bunk rooms with a Pier view, my cousins family had one last year on the 4th floor (the new wing). Let them know it is his birthday and he would love a park view in the new wing and see what happens, it also helps to check in early because they can almost always change the room location if your early. Have fun, we are here now for a few weeks and celebrating my daughters 4th birthday too. OFF to the park!!!
VallCopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #2246
Kauinohea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallCopen View Post
Yes there are bunk rooms with a Pier view, my cousins family had one last year on the 4th floor (the new wing). Let them know it is his birthday and he would love a park view in the new wing and see what happens, it also helps to check in early because they can almost always change the room location if your early. Have fun, we are here now for a few weeks and celebrating my daughters 4th birthday too. OFF to the park!!!

Thank you so much for the info! Have a great trip and extra special 4th Birthday Celebration!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #2247
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
We rented a pool cabana last year - it was awesome. I had vacation planning do it because they were also doing some other reservations for us. But you can call the hotel concierge directly and book it. They take bookings at 10 days prior.

Rocking Chairs - if they had them it would be in the fireplace area - just can really recall if they are there. Hopefully someone else has noticed.

Have a great time.
We always use Vacation Planning, so much easier.

Jack
Old 06-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #2248
frank808
DVC Member

jack was your party at the pool cabana closest to the lobby today? I was looking for somewhere to put towels and clothes down because the pool was so crowded today. I thought it was crowded when we came back from the park for a siesta at 2:00pm but it was even more crowded at 4:00 pm.
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #2249
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
jack was your party at the pool cabana closest to the lobby today? I was looking for somewhere to put towels and clothes down because the pool was so crowded today. I thought it was crowded when we came back from the park for a siesta at 2:00pm but it was even more crowded at 4:00 pm.
Frank:
We do not get to the parks until 7/31 and we have a cabana rented for 8/3. It will be interesting.

Jack
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #2250
IUTBAM
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a 5-night stay at the GCH, and I *LOVE* that hotel for the convenience! We had faxed the resort a few days prior requesting a standard room over the entryway (which we had heard was larger), and they gave us one. Holy cow, it was HUGE! Easily as big as our room at the Polynesian at WDW (and that's a big room). Room 4105, two queens and a daybed, super-cold fridge (no problem freezing water bottles in the small freezer compartment), and a nice view of the front of the GCH, with DLH and PPH in the background. I wasn't overwhelmed by Whitewater Snacks, but one tip I can give is if you eat there with your family and you want to drink milk, the 1/2 gallon jug is a MUCH better deal than buying the individual pints (they have cups). We did enjoy the chicken nachos there, but breakfast was not great.

Oh, and my DH found $70 in the washing machine, so that made him extremely happy! lol
IUTBAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: