Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #2056
walkerelt001
Earning My Ears

i will bring my son go there
walkerelt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #2057
marcemc
I wouldn't be able to handle such fluffliness either

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
It never hurts to ask...

I don't know if they will give them to you what with the studios being from DVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The studio (or any DVC unit) would require a specific reservation. Any DVC unit that is not booked by DVC members within 60 days is made available for cash reservations, however studios generally book first. When DVC members exchange their points for something outside the DVC resorts (i.e. Disney Cruise), then Disney recovers the cost by booking DVC rooms for cash.

It is too late for this May, but it is also possible to rent DVC points.
Thanks for letting me know, I booked through Costco, so renting points is not an option for us, maybe next time.
We have always stayed at either PPH or DL, so I'm really excited about GCH
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #2058
lffam
Mouseketeer

Was going through my Disney photos and saw this...Great lobby, but its was like the Antarctic it was soooo cold!!

lffam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #2059
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Resubscribing to the thread...we are planning to return this summer and I'm so relieved to see that new passholder rates were released Monday...*fingers crossed that something will be available for us*

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #2060
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Try the Fried Green Tomato sandwich at Hungry Bear and let me know if it's any good
Take lots of pictures to share!
Here are some pics of what it looked like.

Grand Californian Super Thread
Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

DmaxHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #2061
Chmie
Luke's Bubba

( crrruuunnnccchhh ) sound of my arteries hardening.
Chmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #2062
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

ok..gotta get one of those...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #2063
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmie View Post
( crrruuunnnccchhh ) sound of my arteries hardening.
No kidding

Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #2064
AussieDisneyNut
Mouseketeer

We have just departed the GCH after 6 wonderful nights.
We were able to get exactly the room configeration we wanted - 1 queen plus bunks adjoining a room with 1 king on the 5th floor with a wonderful view over the ... carpark! Honestly the view did not bother us, because we were more concerned with the bed arrangements. We loved how close the hotel was to the parks and we did manage to get a little time to spend in the pools which were great, if a little crowded. The service was really good from all CM's and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.
This was probably a "once in a lifetime" splurge and it was worth it to us. Highlights included a fabulous dinner at Napa Rose, seeing Aladdin and the dining package at Ariels Grotto for the preferred viewing at WOC.
The Spring Break crowds were a little busier than I had hoped, but we managed to get on all the rides we wanted with a little patience and some help from "fastpasses". Thanks to everyone on the Dis for their tips and advice, it really helped our trip be successful. On one final note, I thought 6 days in the parks would be more than enough, but we still did not get everything done ... the kids are hoping for a return trip in 2014 when Carsland is up and running!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #2065
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
We were able to get exactly the room configeration we wanted - 1 queen plus bunks adjoining a room with 1 king on the 5th floor with a wonderful view over the ... carpark! Honestly the view did not bother us, because we were more concerned with the bed arrangements. We loved how close the hotel was to the parks and we did manage to get a little time to spend in the pools which were great, if a little crowded. The service was really good from all CM's and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.
This was probably a "once in a lifetime" splurge and it was worth it to us. Highlights included a fabulous dinner at Napa Rose, seeing Aladdin and the dining package at Ariels Grotto for the preferred viewing at WOC.
The Spring Break crowds were a little busier than I had hoped, but we managed to get on all the rides we wanted with a little patience and some help from "fastpasses". Thanks to everyone on the Dis for their tips and advice, it really helped our trip be successful. On one final note, I thought 6 days in the parks would be more than enough, but we still did not get everything done ... the kids are hoping for a return trip in 2014 when Carsland is up and running!

Glad to hear your trip went well and you got what you were looking for! It's unbelievable how much stuff there is to do there! Congrats on what sounds like a great trip and I hope you do make it back there for 2014!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #2066
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Sorry you didn't get everything done, but in a way I'm glad to hear it because often times on the boards often times people say that you can do everything withing 2-3 days and that baffles my mind. I don't think I've done everything there is to do at DLR and I LIVE here!!!!!

Glad you had a great time, and hope that you get back here to see the new cars land, I'm looking forward to that and the new Star Tours ride!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #2067
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
We usually do five or more days with days off mixed in for other fun stuff in the area and we are always thinking we didn't have enough time. I also concur with the others that when they think they can get everything in 2-3 days it just baffles my mind.

The nice thing about DL is that they are always adding new stuff. Even if its not a major attraction they add new fireworks, Tron stuff, old attractions are brought back (Sleeping beauty, Great Moments). Plus it just feels like home. I am really nervous at WDW this year. I am thinking that it just won't be the same as DL.

Glad you had a great time! Who knows what they will have in 2014!!!

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #2068
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
We usually do five or more days with days off mixed in for other fun stuff in the area and we are always thinking we didn't have enough time. I also concur with the others that when they think they can get everything in 2-3 days it just baffles my mind.

The nice thing about DL is that they are always adding new stuff. Even if its not a major attraction they add new fireworks, Tron stuff, old attractions are brought back (Sleeping beauty, Great Moments). Plus it just feels like home. I am really nervous at WDW this year. I am thinking that it just won't be the same as DL.

Glad you had a great time! Who knows what they will have in 2014!!!
I have to agree, either they do not have many things they want to do or they really do not know how much there is to do. We like to be able to do our favorites more than one. I love the MWoD, but it goes so slow it takes for ever just to make one trip. One daughter will ride IJ over and over if she could. On and on.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #2069
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Are there standard rooms that are not a long walk? I am thinking of splurging for my birthday trip but don't want to splurge and then end up with a walk just as long as it would be if I stayed at PPH.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #2070
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Are there standard rooms that are not a long walk? I am thinking of splurging for my birthday trip but don't want to splurge and then end up with a walk just as long as it would be if I stayed at PPH.
There are many standard rooms close to the elevators. We had a DQ with a daybed for 1 night last year.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: