Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #166
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
Mine says B3 G2..
Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynbn View Post
How about CH S1 / 1. I have always wanted to know these codes.

Marilyn
I only know about S5 because that is what we had and I called and asked. Not a bad idea if all the codes are compiled in one place. I just wanted to make sure that our request for 2Q/Day Bed with Premium view was on the reservation.

sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #167
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

This is a wonderful thread just what I was looking for on the Grand California. Thank you so much DMAXHAWK I just booked our very first stay at GC, we stayed at DLH a few years ago, but I was really eyeing this resort during our entire visit. It was Christmas time, too crowded getting into and out of the resort so we haven't even seen the inside yet. We are really looking forward to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
DVC rooms...since they don't get housekeeping except once a week and just trash and towels on day 4.
Regular rooms get the whole shebang every day, turn down, chocolates, etc. The products are H2O..very nice.
Just what I was looking for you all to say. I couldn't imagine paying what they are asking per night and not getting treated in the Disney resort fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Both the VGC and GCH use the same toiletries - H20 Spa - Sea Marine Shampoo and Conditioner, Body Butter and Peppermint Foot Spa Lotion. They are so wonderful that my teenage son asked several years ago after staying there for me to buy them for him! The hair dryers are normal hair dryers and work just fine.

GCH is restocked daily. The VGC are restocked on the 4th day.

GCH will change towels daily if you desire - just leave them in the basket under the counter. VGC change towels on the 4th day.
It just keeps getting better and better, when I read H2O I was very happy, now that I don't have to bring body butter and lotion. Woo Hoo Thank you for the information

Angel16
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #168
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
This is a wonderful thread just what I was looking for on the Grand California. Thank you so much DMAXHAWK I just booked our very first stay at GC, we stayed at DLH a few years ago, but I was really eyeing this resort during our entire visit. It was Christmas time, too crowded getting into and out of the resort so we haven't even seen the inside yet. We are really looking forward to this.

Just what I was looking for you all to say. I couldn't imagine paying what they are asking per night and not getting treated in the Disney resort fashion.

It just keeps getting better and better, when I read H2O I was very happy, now that I don't have to bring body butter and lotion. Woo Hoo Thank you for the information

Angel16

I'm glad it was and continues to be helpful! Thats our goal

Grand Californian Super Thread
Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

DmaxHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #169
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
This is a floor by floor map of the VGC and the hotel expansion. I walked through the VGC wing, so this is the actual arrangement of the villas. The hotel rooms are all normal sized, so I did not verify those rooms. This was a chance to try out OmniGraffle (similar to Visio)

The picture is hosted on this site (so it will not become a broken link), but the resolution is limited.

Nonsuch, this is amazing. Thank you for taking the time to do this! I'm sure it will help several people out! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck View Post
nice work ..... If you want me to host a higher res version I can put it on my server... PM me..
Would it be possible to do that? I put this map up on the original post and numbers are a bit hard to read.

Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #170
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nonsuch, this is amazing. Thank you for taking the time to do this! I'm sure it will help several people out! Much appreciated!

Would it be possible to do that? I put this map up on the original post and numbers are a bit hard to read.
Here are 2 pdf versions: 1 page, 6 pages.

Now someone should do a SketchUp version (Google's 3D modeling program)
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #171
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
Here are 2 pdf versions: 1 page, 6 pages.

Now someone should do a SketchUp version (Google's 3D modeling program)
Awesome job! I'll get these up as soon as I can.

I thought you could only do exteriors with SketchUp

Old 03-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #172
Ratpatootie
Earning My Ears

Concierge food?

Can you take the concierge food back to your room, or do you have to eat it in the lounge?

Thanks!
Ratpatootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #173
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpatootie View Post
Can you take the concierge food back to your room, or do you have to eat it in the lounge?
I would often take food back to the room. There are only small plates (or just napkins), so this limits what you can carry. The food is high quality, but generally small items. Sometimes it is easier to eat many of those small appetizers than deal with the crowds in the restaurants.

Small drink bottles are always available in the lounge, and many guests grab a couple on the way to the park.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #174
BigDogMom7
Mouseketeer

Nonsuch - thank you so much for the floor by floor maps! We are scheduled to be at the GCV July 13 to 20 in a 1 BR. This just adds to the planning and anticipation, even though I obviously don't yet know which room we will get. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Monica

2001 Beach Club
Aug 2004 Beach Club (during Hurricane Charley!)
2006 Beach Club Villas
2007 Beach Club Villas
Aug 2008 Disneyland Hotel
May 2009 Beach Club Villas (as DVCers!)
July 2010 Grand Californian Villas
June 2012 Aulani, Ko'Olina
July 2013 Paradise Pier Hotel
May 2014 Beach Club Villas
BigDogMom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #175
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
A lot of getting the request for connecting rooms depends on what kinds of rooms you requested. If both rooms have 2 queens then you have a better chance of betting them connecting since something like 70% of the rooms are 2 queens.

Here is what I do to get my room requests...... First of all let whoever you book the room with know your room requests when you are booking the room... Next, think of something you would normally purchase in the parks (We always get new embroidered ears for the kiddos), then call Disney Vacation Planning and order them ahead of time and have them delivered to the room(s) before you arrive. Now be sure to let Vacation Planning know your room requests because they will have some control over the room assignments since they will be delivering stuff to your room way before you get there. Good Luck!
Duck, how far ahead from your arrival did you call Vacation Planning?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #176
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Duck, how far ahead from your arrival did you call Vacation Planning?
For the embroidered ears they want the orders in 5 days before arrival... I usually call them about 1 month before I get there though!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #177
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
For the embroidered ears they want the orders in 5 days before arrival... I usually call them about 1 month before I get there though!
Thanks, how much were the ears?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #178
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Movin up

Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #179
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogMom7 View Post
Nonsuch - thank you so much for the floor by floor maps! We are scheduled to be at the GCV July 13 to 20 in a 1 BR.
Your welcome.
In July, World of Color should be in full operation so request a Paradise Pier view. I had a very nice view of the WoC testing from room 5502 last month. The view of the show will be very nice from the VGC, but the optimal views will be with the crowds inside California Adventure (I almost typed "the Park" which says something about my expectations for WoC).
Old 03-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #180
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I hope the WOC view is outstanding.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: