Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #136
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck View Post
To make matters worse..... Can I add this.... According to the map, and the fact that there are 6 floors, I'm counting 48 studios, 30 1 bedrooms, 20 2 bedrooms and 2 grand villas. Now if you combine the 1 bedrooms with the adjoining studios you'd end up with 18 studios, 50 2 bedrooms and 2 grand villas.
The floorplan is accurate enough to allow guests to find their rooms, but does not show the differences between floors. The Grand does have 6 floors, but in the DVC wing (VGC) there are only 3 (or 2 depending how you count) rooms on the 6th floor: 1 two-bedroom, 1 one-bedroom, 1 studio.

I was curious about the exact location of all the VGC rooms, and walked through all the floors during my visit last week. I'll draw up a floor by floor map of the VGC this week.

Last edited by Nonsuch; 03-03-2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: syntax error
Nonsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #137
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
The floorplan is accurate enough to allow guest to find their room, but does not show the differences between floors. The Grand does have 6 floors, but in the DVC wing (VGC) there are only 3 (or 2 depending how you count) rooms on the 6th floor: 1 two-bedroom, 1 one-bedroom, 1 studio.

I was curious about the exact location of all the VGC rooms, and walked through all the floors during my visit last week. I'll draw up a floor by floor map of the VGC this week.
Awesome... I was wondering why things were so off... Look forward to seeing the map!
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #138
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Awesome... I was wondering why things were so off... Look forward to seeing the map!
I also.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #139
lulukate
Mouseketeer

Grocery Delivery

I tried to order with Vons before our holiday - I used the hotel address so could shop and put my order together which I did a few days before we left but then founds I could not pay for the groceries at all using a non-USA credit card - they required a billing zip code and I could not get it to work no matter what I used. It was so frustrating and of course I had left the payment piece until the night before we left so I could add things that occurred to me at the last minute so their office was closed so I had no way of ordering groceries and had to rely on what was available through Whitewater snacks. Oh well, will try to organize this further in advance next time. Does anyone know of a way around this or do I have to call them again.

Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
That's good information to know! I thought I heard that everyone's first delivery was free, but I wasn't 100% sure they were still giving the free delivery. Glad to know they are. And it is also really helpful that seemingly most DIS-ers have been lucky with having their hotels - either the 3 DLR hotels or the offsite hotels - accept the delivery in their absence. That is really handy, as I am sure many DIS-ers don't want to leave the park at certain hours to come back and sort through groceries!!

Also, I should point out that from everythign I read on here, it sounds like the Vons delivery service is much better in Anaheim than it is where I am in L.A. They have made endless mistakes with my orders, but they seem to do a good job with the customers in Orange County (different stores, different shoppers, different drivers!).

If you can justify spending the $50 to place an order, it is really worth it for the water alone! Vons will have weekly sales, and often times a 24-pack of Arrowhead water, for example, will be on sale for $3.00 or even as low as $2.50. Usually the sales are around $3.50 or $4.00. In any case, that is much more cost effective than paying $3 or $4 for one little bottle of water or orange juice in DLR!!! On my last two trips to DLR, I stopped to get some OJ and some of those delicious, juicy pineapple spears at the end of the day - because I was dehydrated and parched! I could justify it for the spears because they are just so yummy, but the bottles of OJ nearly killed me with those prices - literally, the price of one bottle is about the price of a case of 24 bottles of water on sale at Vons! Yikes!!

lulukate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #140
disnemimi
Mimi to 6 Awesome Grandchildren

We will be arriving the end of April for our first trip to DL and DCA and staying at the Grand California Hotel. Thank you for this thread for hotel information. I saw in one thread there is pool construction going on. Is this for an additional pool or the main pool? My granddaughter definitely wants to swim so this is important. Thank you for your help.
Karen
disnemimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #141
lulukate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnemimi View Post
We will be arriving the end of April for our first trip to DL and DCA and staying at the Grand California Hotel. Thank you for this thread for hotel information. I saw in one thread there is pool construction going on. Is this for an additional pool or the main pool? My granddaughter definitely wants to swim so this is important. Thank you for your help.
Karen
We just returned from our vacation. One pool and the hot tub were open, I believe that the other two pools were to reopen at the end of March. They did indicate that you could get a pass to DLH pool if you wanted to use a slide. Our kids really enjoyed the pool that was open.

Dee

lulukate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #142
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Well looks like I have a lot of catching up to do..

My dad was admitted into the hospital 2 days ago for some blocked arteries which he had to get "stented" and haven't been on here since. He's doing fine now so I've got time back. Looks like you guys have been busy. I like the info on the room numbers. How would you guys like to see that info go on the original post do its most beneficial to others? I'm curious to see the floor plan Nonsuch is working on, how is it coming?

Great info coming up lately, keep it up guys, the more the better.

Grand Californian Super Thread
Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

DmaxHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #143
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
Well looks like I have a lot of catching up to do..

My dad was admitted into the hospital 2 days ago for some blocked arteries which he had to get "stented" and haven't been on here since. He's doing fine now so I've got time back. Looks like you guys have been busy. I like the info on the room numbers. How would you guys like to see that info go on the original post do its most beneficial to others? I'm curious to see the floor plan Nonsuch is working on, how is it coming?

Great info coming up lately, keep it up guys, the more the better.
Sal:
Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope all goes well.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #144
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

At the risk of sounding like a total princess, how are the toiletries at the GCH? It's nice not to have to pack that stuff if they supply good quality items. How about the hairdryers...are they as bad as the ones on the Disney cruise, ie they just move your hair around.
nonzerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #145
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Sal:
Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope all goes well.

Jack
I appreciate it Jack, he's doing really well. Just got back home, hes up and moving around. Should be back to normal in a few days.

Anything you need to know about the GCH can be found here...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #146
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
At the risk of sounding like a total princess, how are the toiletries at the GCH? It's nice not to have to pack that stuff if they supply good quality items. How about the hairdryers...are they as bad as the ones on the Disney cruise, ie they just move your hair around.
I've been wondering this as well. Do they restock shampoos and conditioners and such daily?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #147
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
I've been wondering this as well. Do they restock shampoos and conditioners and such daily?
Glad to hear your Dad is doing better

No, they will not restock these items..or the coffee stuff. You start with the items and then that is it..I'm not sure if they are replenished on Trash and Towel day or only on full cleaning days..anyone?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #148
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post

No, they will not restock these items..or the coffee stuff. You start with the items and then that is it..I'm not sure if they are replenished on Trash and Towel day or only on full cleaning days..anyone?

Are you referring to DVC or just regular room? I've never heard of regular rooms not being restocked.
nonzerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #149
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
A lot of getting the request for connecting rooms depends on what kinds of rooms you requested. If both rooms have 2 queens then you have a better chance of betting them connecting since something like 70% of the rooms are 2 queens.

Here is what I do to get my room requests...... First of all let whoever you book the room with know your room requests when you are booking the room... Next, think of something you would normally purchase in the parks (We always get new embroidered ears for the kiddos), then call Disney Vacation Planning and order them ahead of time and have them delivered to the room(s) before you arrive. Now be sure to let Vacation Planning know your room requests because they will have some control over the room assignments since they will be delivering stuff to your room way before you get there. Good Luck!
Duck, how long prior to your arrival did you contact them? That is a really good idea. I think I'm going to do that.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #150
DmaxHawk
Watcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Are you referring to DVC or just regular room? I've never heard of regular rooms not being restocked.
Thats what I'm thinking. It wouldn't make sense to just give you one tiny bottle to last you however long you are supposed to be there..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: