Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Aladora
DIS Veteran

*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

I know it might be a bit early to start this but I've seen a number of threads asking questions about February trips so I decided to start this thread!

Post your dates and hotels (if you want) and I will add you to the list!

February 2015

PoohBearFriends Jan 29 - Feb 2 (PPH)
Czardas Feb 1-4 (VGC)
smithfamilyof7 Feb 1-5 (Del Sol)
Minneylovesmicky Feb 1-12
akmomesq Feb 2-8 (GCH)
ClaraOswald Feb 3-11 (DI&S)
StyledSugar Feb 4-11 (PPH or DLH)
lalasmama Feb 5-8 (DI&S)
DLmama Feb 6-9
AZMermaid Feb 7-10 (VGC)
icecreamforbreakfast Feb 7-14
MG3G Feb 7-14 (DI&S)
Aladora Feb 8-13 (DI&S)
Quam Feb 8-14 (VGC)
Anniebean Feb 9-15 (DLH)
MakennaKendall Feb 11-17 (Tropicana)
Chelsea524 Feb 18-21 (DLH)
kkrewe Feb 18-21 (DLH)
Octanefam Feb 18-24 (Marriot Residence Inn)
momsmail Feb 19-28 (Tropicana)
starjazz Feb 21 - Mar 1
Jmac323 Feb 22-26 (Peacock Suite TS)
Jerry Horne Feb 22 - Mar 1 (Peacock Suite)
then Mar 1-2 (GCH)
MadameRebecca (Feb 22 - Mar 3 (DLH)
thatgrljme Feb 24-Mar 1 (DLH)
burnoutbabe Feb 25-Mar 2 (Doubletree)
GatorChris Feb 26-28 (DLH)
whoever Feb 27 - Mar 1 (VGC)
NoIdea Feb 27 - Mar 5 (PPH)

Last edited by Aladora; Today at 04:55 PM.
Aladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Just to give a little blurb about us and our trip.

My little family consists of me, my husband and our 9 year old son. This is going to be our 7th DL/DCA trip since Aug 2011. I've reconciled myself that we ARE that semi-crazy Disneyland family. DH and I went there for our honeymoon back in 1999.

We had decided that our trip this past August was going to be our last DL trip for at least a year and a half but when we were there, DH told me that he didn't like the thought of not coming back for such a long period of time, so here we go again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

We will be at the Desert Inn and Suites February 3rd-11th.

It myself, my husband, and our son. He will be almost 17 months at the time of our trip...it will be his first trip. My husband grew up in Orange County and I lived there briefly so we've been to the parks hundreds of time. However, now we live in the Midwest and we haven't been to the parks since September/October 2010. I am so excited to go back. Though I'm also really nervous about bringing a toddler!

Side note - we are probably ordering a brand new Pack n Play (or maybe a different brand) to use in the hotel on our dates. We plan to just leave it behind when we go home. So if anyone is arriving the 11th and wants it...let me know!
ClaraOswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraOswald View Post
We will be at the Desert Inn and Suites February 3rd-11th.

It myself, my husband, and our son. He will be almost 17 months at the time of our trip...it will be his first trip. My husband grew up in Orange County and I lived there briefly so we've been to the parks hundreds of time. However, now we live in the Midwest and we haven't been to the parks since September/October 2010. I am so excited to go back. Though I'm also really nervous about bringing a toddler!

Side note - we are probably ordering a brand new Pack n Play (or maybe a different brand) to use in the hotel on our dates. We plan to just leave it behind when we go home. So if anyone is arriving the 11th and wants it...let me know!
I've added you to the list and may I say how jealous I am that your DH grew up in Orange County! If not for the fact that I would never move from Canada, I would love to live within an hour drive of DL.

Also, I have to mention that while I hate the character, I love love love your user name and pic. Huge Whovian family over here, keep an eye out for us in the parks, DH and I will probably be wearing Who shirts. My new favourite artist is Karen Hallion, her DL/Who crossover shirts are fantastic!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
thatgrljme
Mouseketeer

I will be there with my son and my father February 24 - March 1 for Dapper Days, staying at DLH for the first time. This is our second time to travel there since my son was born, probably my 8th time.

I grew up in Valencia, CA and went often, but not as often as I'd like to go now and traveling from Texas is a bit of a pain. Super excited to go in Feb this year as we went in May 2014 for the heatwave!

thatgrljme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Welcome thatgrljme, I've added you to the list.

Maybe someone here can give me some info...what kind of weather can we expect in early Feb? We've been there in March, April, August and September but never in Feb.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
whoever
DIS Veteran

2/27-3/1 for my family of five. Staying at the Grand. Excited for our third Dapper Day!!!
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
I've added you to the list and may I say how jealous I am that your DH grew up in Orange County! If not for the fact that I would never move from Canada, I would love to live within an hour drive of DL.

Also, I have to mention that while I hate the character, I love love love your user name and pic. Huge Whovian family over here, keep an eye out for us in the parks, DH and I will probably be wearing Who shirts. My new favourite artist is Karen Hallion, her DL/Who crossover shirts are fantastic!
You hate Clara? Aww, I like her. Who is your favorite companion?

When I lived out in California, we were only 10 minutes from the park. It was honestly the ONLY thing I liked about living there. I'm just way too much of a midwesterner. I need more than 1 season every year too.

Quote:
Welcome thatgrljme, I've added you to the list.

Maybe someone here can give me some info...what kind of weather can we expect in early Feb? We've been there in March, April, August and September but never in Feb.

Thanks!
February could be rainy. Could be cooler. It's kind of a tricky month. It could be warm too. I am hoping for jeans/t-shirt weather during the day and maybe a sweatshirt at night. Fingers crossed! I hate hot weather. The site wunderground.com has a place where you can look at historical weather.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You hate Clara? Aww, I like her. Who is your favorite companion?
I hate Clara slightly less with Capaldi, I HATED her with Smith. The show almost lost me during season 7 1/2. We haven't seen the latest episode which is odd for us, DH and I usually watch it Saturday night without fail. I want to like the new season more than I actually like it.

As for my favourite companion, I have to go with Amy&Rory. Tennant is my doctor but I adored how Smith interacted with Amy & Rory.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hate Clara slightly less with Capaldi, I HATED her with Smith. The show almost lost me during season 7 1/2. We haven't seen the latest episode which is odd for us, DH and I usually watch it Saturday night without fail. I want to like the new season more than I actually like it.

As for my favourite companion, I have to go with Amy&Rory. Tennant is my doctor but I adored how Smith interacted with Amy & Rory.
I love Amy and Rory too. They are probably my favorites. And yeah...Tennant is probably my doctor who I really did love Matt too. And I am enjoying Capaldi so far as well. I guess I'm not too picky...ha!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

So...who is driving? How far do you have to drive?

Who is flying? Have you booked your airfare yet?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #12
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I looked at driving, we are coming from Victoria BC on Vancouver Island. Estimates put it at a 21-ish hour drive but I read a number of posts that said there is a pass in California near the Oregon border that is a bit tricky until March-ish. Since we are going in early-mid February, I decided that flying was the way to go once again.

Then came the eternal internal debate I have with myself every time we plan a DL trip.

Do we fly from Victoria and pay the much higher airfare?

Do we take the passenger ferry over to Seattle, pay for a taxi to a hotel, pay to stay overnight and fly out of SeaTac only to do the same thing on the way back?

Do we take the car ferry over to Vancouver and drive down, risking a long wait at the border?

Do we take the car ferry to Port Angeles and drive to Seattle from there?

When you add in the possibility of flying out of Bellingham airport and also flying in to Long Beach...well, you can imagine how many different options there are.

Yeah, I am *that* crazy a planner. I once had an Excel spread sheet with all the different variables including time spent traveling and costs.

In the end, I found fairly good flights from Victoria to Orange County for around the same cost as it would be for us to take the passenger ferry, pay for 2 nights in a SeaTac hotel and taxi both ways from the ferry and back. So, we are flying from Victoria for around $430/each.

*Hi, my name is Susan and I am an obsessive planner*
Old 10-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #13
whoever
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are driving. 360 miles. Will take just a hair over 5 hours including the fuel and food/bathroom stops.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
jmac323
Mouseketeer

It is NOT too early for this thread!! I have been waiting for it, LOL. Here is our info:

Me, DH DD(8) and DD(4) will be there February 22-26 staying at our timeshare at Peacock Suites. This is our third trip together and all have been January or February. We love going this time of year. Last February we had a crazy rain day but we threw on ponchos and toughed it out until we couldn't take it anymore!

Edit to add- My youngest will be turning 5 the week we are there and whilst she keeps asking me for a BounceU birthday party we are secretly planning lunch with the Princesses. The girls do not know we are going yet!!

We will be driving from Sacramento Sunday and usually after we check in we do DTD that day and eat at Rainforest Cafe, kind of our arrival tradition. We then do 3 days in the park and head home on Thursday morning. Last time we swung by the beach on our way out and spent the day there which was really fun too!

We are so looking forward to it!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
ClaraOswald
Mouseketeer

We are flying Omaha to Santa Ana with a stop in Denver. United on the way out (using airline miles so it is only costing $16 out of pocket plus checked bags) and Southwest on the way home. It will be my first time on Southwest. We booked our flights back in August which is the earliest I've ever booked flights for a trip. It was around $170 a ticket on SWA so just over $500 for three tickets. The price just went down to $123 so we changed it and now have a $150 credit with Southwest to use on a future flight (taken before August 2015.) Sadly, we most likely won't use it since we have no other trips planned.

We drove in 2010 when it was just myself and my husband. It was our second time driving to California. It was a lot of fun but I have no desire to do it with a toddler (or during Winter months.) When we drove, with stops, it was about 13 hours of driving each day (2 days.)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: