Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #91
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Thanks for the welcome, although, there are lots of people here who are not CF. CF = chooses not to breed. LOL.
I agree with that. There is a difference between child-free and childless. Yes, that will likely offend some, but choosing specifically not to have children generally does anyhow.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #92
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
I agree with that. There is a difference between child-free and childless. Yes, that will likely offend some, but choosing specifically not to have children generally does anyhow.
I agree... a lot of people tend to get them confused and think they are in the same boat as me because they don't yet have children, as opposed to not wanting/not gonna have kids at all.

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #93
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Plus, I think for those who want but can't have children they wouldn't really consider themselves "child-free".
Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #94
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Tiffany -- side question -- how is poor Lestat doing? Getting any better w/his "cousins" or still having a hard time w/the move?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #95
Shyvioletisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
Tiffany -- side question -- how is poor Lestat doing? Getting any better w/his "cousins" or still having a hard time w/the move?
still doing bad...he comes out on his own some, but is still so scared of the other cats...if they just stand and look at him, it's often ok...but the second they make any movement he starts hissing/growling and runs back to our door and cries to be let back in the room. and then he cowers in the corner for a while.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #96
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Hey Mad, I need advice. I'm going to see my girl dx next month and I'm planning to ask on whether or not to have this fibroid removed. I want it gone. It's small enough to remove laprascopically. I am just in so much pain. (AF is a comin. )

I know that your procedure wasn't the same, but what should I look forward to afterward-wise? I just don't want to hurt anymore.

Anna
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #97
Shyvioletisme

omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids sometimes??? I am subbing in the library --elementary -- today and thought..ooh easy peasy..nopeugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.

Last edited by Shyvioletisme; 02-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #98
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvioletisme View Post
omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids??? I am subbing in the library elementary today and though..ooh easy peasy..nope...I swear some of these little ones are satan's little henchmen..ugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.
LOL.

I totally like kids, I just don't want to take care of them.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #99
Shyvioletisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
LOL.

I totally like kids, I just don't want to take care of them.
lol. I've generally had really good experiences as a sub...I've done it on and off for about 5 years, but man today has been the worst day I've ever had doing it and that includes my 1 day in middle school and 1 day in high school. lol. and lucky me I come back tomorrow to do it all over again..woopee

Old 02-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #100
Arabella1978
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvioletisme View Post
omg...have I mentioned how much I don't like kids sometimes??? I am subbing in the library --elementary -- today and thought..ooh easy peasy..nope...I swear some of these little ones are satan's little henchmen..ugh...at least I've only got 2 more classes today left to go.
Ack i totally don't begrudge anyone the choice of not having kids...more power to ya! But I hope that the above was in jest because if not, yikes! As a parent this is about the scariest thing I could imagine one of my kids teachers, subs or otherwise, posting online! Hopefully no one can recognize you from your siggie! Just sayin...
Arabella1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #101
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

I imagine that everyone, parent, teacher, etc. has had a point in their life/career that they have been so fed up by behavior that they would have that kind of thought or make such a comment. That would like include your children's teachers and caregivers.

I doubt it's a reflection of anything other than temporary frustration, and shouldn't be taken as "the scariest thing you can imagine."
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #102
Arabella1978
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I imagine that everyone, parent, teacher, etc. has had a point in their life/career that they have been so fed up by behavior that they would have that kind of thought or make such a comment. That would like include your children's teachers and caregivers.

I doubt it's a reflection of anything other than temporary frustration, and shouldn't be taken as "the scariest thing you can imagine."
Hmm maybe? But her picture is in her siggie...just saying it's not a great thing to advertise in jest or otherwise online! And yes it is about the scariest thing a parent could imagine an elementary teacher saying! Not trying to start something...it's just with the internet these days you just never know who reads what etc.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #103
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

I would think that the scariest thing that you could imagine w/ respect to your children would be far worse that "not liking" a child who was behaving badly in a library. Just sayin'.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #104
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella1978 View Post
Hmm maybe? But her picture is in her siggie...just saying it's not a great thing to advertise in jest or otherwise online! And yes it is about the scariest thing a parent could imagine an elementary teacher saying! Not trying to start something...it's just with the internet these days you just never know who reads what etc.
This may not be the thread for you.

Honestly, I can think of much scarier things. Now that I think about it, I've actually heard teachers say much scarier things. I know a lot of teachers and, believe it or not, they are actually human.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #105
Arabella1978
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I would think that the scariest thing that you could imagine w/ respect to your children would be far worse that "not liking" a child who was behaving badly in a library. Just sayin'.
LOl that would be true if that was what I'd said, but what I said was that it was the scariest thing I could imagine an elementary school teacher saying! Big difference! And more then anything I am just saying that venting things like that online is not smart. People get fired for things they post on facebook! A forum like this is even worse because nothing is private! Common sense online is a must these days. I'm an author ( A childrens' book author no less) so I know how careful you have to be! I'm so careful on Facebook account that I sometimes have to delete my friends' comments because they can reflect on me, which could affect my career. Sad but true.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: