Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #811
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough we may get our own hotel at wdw
actually for the most part I haven't noticed much pittering pattering, or should I say running and stomping, little feet on the majority of my trips.

I woke up today truly believing that tomorrow was saturday, unfortunately its not, but at least we are half way there

I have a crush on a mouse
precious pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #812
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
I woke up today truly believing that tomorrow was saturday, unfortunately its not
Don't you hate it when that happens?!!?
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #813
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

Quote:
I woke up today truly believing that tomorrow was saturday, unfortunately its not, but at least we are half way there
Ugh, that happens to me waaaaaaaaaay too often. It's always so disappointing.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #814
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough we may get our own hotel at wdw
I vote we get either a Haunted Mansion, a Hollywood Hotel (ToT Style) or a Villains-themed resort....

I remember how bummed my husband was when we went resort-visiting one trip to see where we would stay on our NEXT trip.... We had just stayed at The Curtis Hotel in Denver for a conference http://www.thecurtis.com/?chebs=gl_curtis and my poor husband thought that was what the Pop Century was going to be like and swore that it was going to be THE place to stay instead of the Wilderness Lodge that we fell in love with on our first trip, and be so much cheaper... I kept telling him, um, nope, look at the pictures....

Past Trips: Nov-Dec 20130; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #815
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

"Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough we may get our own hotel at wdw"

Oh honey you're so cute.....trust me.....they will eat you before they let us get an adult hotel at WDW....right Madd???? I really thought I would need to hire a security detail after suggesting it.

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
mskayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 AM   #816
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayjay View Post
"Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough we may get our own hotel at wdw"

Oh honey you're so cute.....trust me.....they will eat you before they let us get an adult hotel at WDW....right Madd???? I really thought I would need to hire a security detail after suggesting it.
Yeah... but it is nice to dream isn't it?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #817
jennie622
How lovely it would be, if I could live in my fantasy

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! A thread for CF Disney nuts! Mind if I stay awhile??

I've been whooping with all my CF buddies for years at WDW! We still mourn the closing of the Adventurer's Club (Kungaloosh!)

Currently in the process of planning my 40th bday bash for 2011, some lucky DVC villa is will be hosting that party!! Has anyone rented one of those specialty cruises for MK fireworks or Illuminations? Thoughts?

Loving all the furbabies posted! BF & I (co-habitating happily ever after) are proud parents to Sid, an amstaff turning one next Friday. Possibly adopting a little one this weekend.

So who's meeting us at ESPN cafe for Superbowl Feb 6?? Unfortunately, that probably the earliest we can make it down. Bummed about missing Food & Wine Festivus this go round, it's my favorite time of year!

Can't wait to share stories of kid free escapades at WDW! Thanks for having me.
Jennie
Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #818
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

To all the new folks... WELCOME!
You'll find us a diverse group. And mostly harmless to ourselves & others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie622 View Post
Currently in the process of planning my 40th bday bash for 2011, some lucky DVC villa is will be hosting that party!! Has anyone rented one of those specialty cruises for MK fireworks or Illuminations? Thoughts?
We did my 40th @ WDW last Sept. and it was amazing. I'll never be able to thank DH enough for such a perfect birthday! You'll love it!
We didn't do a cruise, my big treat was the Segway Tour at Epcot & was worth every cent (and even worth getting up early while on vaca to do it).
Can I recommend you hit cafe press's website & pick up some shirts to announce your special event? And for the special day go all out -- I had the "40" tiara that I wore all day -- people (CMs & other guests) really get into helping you celebrate. Every bar we hit people were talking, chatting & having fun w/us.
You are going to have such an amazing birthday trip! It is soooo much fun to celebrate the milestone ones there.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #819
mskayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
Yeah... but it is nice to dream isn't it?
Dreaming is what Disney is all about, right? But this one............oh no they will eat us.

Go ahead and try it. I dare ya! I double dare ya! Post and ask about an adult only hotel at Disney. Watch how the "haters of those who want adult space" at Disney swarm you, call you anti-family, anti-child, heck anti-AMERICAN for even suggesting such a thing! lol You will get a few who agree and say that it would be nice to have a quiet place to come back to and a pool that is not so chlorinated that Kanye West would come out white after jumping in, or heaven forbid a jacuzzi where you can sit with other adults and sip an adult beverage without having a loaded pair of "Pull-Ups" crawl in next to you......

Oh yes, Disney is for dreaming and I wouldn't give it up for the world but man I would love a grown-up hotel or as I have suggested to them, even just a wing or a floor of a wing even! I asked about the top floor at WL on one wing being done like that and while the CM I spoke to was all for it, they said they couldn't do it even if they wanted to because most of the King beds are loaded onto different floors?????? So.....move them! lol

Gotta stop 'cause this gets me super fired up.....sorry if I've rambled.

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #820
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
and a pool that is not so chlorinated that Kanye West would come out white after jumping in

Quote:
Dreaming is what Disney is all about, right? But this one............oh no they will eat us.

Go ahead and try it. I dare ya! I double dare ya! Post and ask about an adult only hotel at Disney. Watch how the "haters of those who want adult space" at Disney swarm you, call you anti-family, anti-child, heck anti-AMERICAN for even suggesting such a thing! lol You will get a few who agree and say that it would be nice to have a quiet place to come back to and a pool that is not so chlorinated that Kanye West would come out white after jumping in, or heaven forbid a jacuzzi where you can sit with other adults and sip an adult beverage without having a loaded pair of "Pull-Ups" crawl in next to you......

Oh yes, Disney is for dreaming and I wouldn't give it up for the world but man I would love a grown-up hotel or as I have suggested to them, even just a wing or a floor of a wing even! I asked about the top floor at WL on one wing being done like that and while the CM I spoke to was all for it, they said they couldn't do it even if they wanted to because most of the King beds are loaded onto different floors?????? So.....move them! lol

Gotta stop 'cause this gets me super fired up.....sorry if I've rambled.
Tread lightly....
it wasn't too long ago we had about 2 pages poofed & a few folks got reprimanded after we ventured down this path when some troll showed up & started trouble. Not sure we should go there again.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #821
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post

Tread lightly....
it wasn't too long ago we had about 2 pages poofed & a few folks got reprimanded after we ventured down this path when some troll showed up & started trouble. Not sure we should go there again.

I can only imagine the turmoil of making ti a thread thats why I quietly dreamt it here

Well today is finally saturday!!!!!!!!!! DBF and I are watching the world cup and he just laughed and called me a "disney dork". Believe me it was said in a very endearing manor besides I am a proud disney dork!

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

I have a crush on a mouse
precious pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #822
mskayjay

Quote:
I can only imagine the turmoil of making ti a thread thats why I quietly dreamt it here

Well today is finally saturday!!!!!!!!!! DBF and I are watching the world cup and he just laughed and called me a "disney dork". Believe me it was said in a very endearing manor besides I am a proud disney dork!

Well you want to read some *fun* stuff get into this thread with a glass of wine and have fun! All in all it didn't get too nasty but it was definitely neat to see the responses.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1842776

Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #823
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The not exciting part today -- grocery shopping. The fun part of today is a wine tasting followed by a baseball game (local minor leauge team). The weather is beautiful so good day to sit out, have a few beers & hopefully catch a good game.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #824
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Cheryl, your weekend is more exciting than mine!

Yesterday was a 9 mile run, hanging out with the running group a bit after, 1 hr Pilates, and a bunch of running around shopping/errands/etc.

Man it was HOT here yesterday... 80 and 85% humidity when we started the run at 7AM. It hit about 95, which is cooler than last week, but still feels rather like opening the oven door instead of your front door.

Today is laundry, some work, and a hockey game at 6:30 (playing, not watching). Whee.

Hope everyone had a great one!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #825
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

My weekend started early since I decided to call in Friday for a "mental health day". *cough*

But even then all I did was sit around the house and take the occasional walk. Saturday morning I woke up and couldn't sleep so I headed out to the nature trail that goes through my neighborhood at around 6:00 am. I was looking for the alligator people have seen but didn't see it. I did see some owls, hawks (which isn't unusual, but I saw them closer than normal) and some... dog like critter that I'm not sure what it was. I was an excited little nature nerd.

Thaaaaaaat's about the most interesting thing I've done this weekend. Yup.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: