Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

yeah it was at pop.. im pretty much a night owl anyways.. so it works out will.. you can pretty much do what you want in the pool.. take as much time, actaully swim, and not have to worry about bumping into anyone!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #47
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMouse32 View Post
you can pretty much do what you want in the pool.. take as much time, actaully swim, and not have to worry about bumping into anyone!
And not have to worry about anyone doing a cannon ball on your head!
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #48
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
And not have to worry about anyone doing a cannon ball on your head!
very very good point
Old 02-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #49
KRIS10420
Mickey Mouse obsessed
I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a special occasion
He played along and actually had a good time

Hey Everyone!!!

DH and I are childfree by choice, me a Disney lover, him not so much. Our only trip to WDW was in Sept 06 and I had a great time. Crowds were low but the heat was a little much. Some day I may go back but I know DH never will.
DH Me Kelso Bodie

2012 - november, Disneyland with a 1st timer friend
2009 - november, Disneyland solo
2006 - september, WDW-POP Resort with DH
2004 - november, Disneyland with DH & MIL
1997 - september, Disneyland - girlfriend roadtrip
1986 - april, Disneyland with family
KRIS10420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #50
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Hey guys, haven't heard from ya in a while.

Well, me and Kenny are childless not by choice. We want children, but at this moment, my fibroids are getting in the way. It may change one day. My cousin and her gf are cf. I don't hold judgement toward anyone cf, hey I didn't know myself if I wanted any or not for a long time until a year ago. Unfortunately, my body may have decided for me.

Oh well....me and Kenny are happy and that's what counts. I'm going to WDW June 1-7 and then we're going to DL for Kenny's b-day in July. Plus, we're going to Vegas again. I'm also hoping to talk Kenny into seeing the new Walt Disney Museum in San Fran. This fall, Kenny is going to take a longer vacay and we're going to the F&W thing at WDW. (I work as a travel writer, so I get a lot of opportunities to hit the road).

Been thinking about you guys and glad to know you're all doing good.

Anna
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #51
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a great V day!

So- since I am taking my first CF trip on my honeymoon.. in Oct.. what do you guys suggest for a super romantic spot? And what do you suggest for a super fun spot for DF? He has never gone without my son with us- so I want to show him the grown up side of WDW
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #52
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_ View Post

So- since I am taking my first CF trip on my honeymoon.. in Oct.. what do you guys suggest for a super romantic spot? And what do you suggest for a super fun spot for DF? He has never gone without my son with us- so I want to show him the grown up side of WDW
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

My first thought, if you can swing it, would be Victoria & Alberts. Total splurge if you want to have a super nice dinner.

On the more reasonable side, check out Paradiso 37 @ DTD. Great food, tequila & if you are lucky music when you are there. Follow it up w/the balloon ride & cocktails @ Ragalan Road. Maybe you could even score La Nouba tickets; that is a great show.

If you feel adventerous try a tour -- we did the Segway Tour at Epcot last trip & it was a blast! They have anything from an hour to a full day.... just a matter of how much time & $$ you want to spend.

October is Food & Wine so maybe do a Party for the Senses or some other special event? Desserts or a wine tasting maybe? Or just grab a couple glasses of champagne & hang out at the welcome center relaxing.

A picnic @ AK would be nice too. When you get the picnic choose a spot far away from the pickup location. We had ours in the Oasis & except for one coulple that looked lost & a family that stopped a few minutes to rest we had it to ourselves. Shady, cool, quiet and very nice.

And most important, make sure every reservation you make notes it is your honeymoon, and wear the buttons. The CM's will do all sorts of little things to make it an extra special trip.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #53
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! For some reason I has not even thought about Victoria and Alberts! I will def make a ressie- he will love that! I am not a drinker, but DF is (and I dont mind coming along for the ride!) so good to know about Paradiso 37- I didn't even know it exsisted!! We are also planning on La Nouba- We have never seen it so we are super duper excited!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #54
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:

Hey you!!!

ITA with everything Cheryl said!

I 2nd the Segway tour!! DH actually said it was the funnest thing he has ever done n Disney! This year we are gong to do the one at Fort Wilderness.

If I were you- I would do the Epcot tour first. It was fun to be in the World Showcase when it was closed!!!!

I would like to add- just take it slow and enjoy being alone. You will see Disney in a whole new light!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #55
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

I would love to try the segway tour- but do you know how clumsy I am? HA! Of course, I guess they give you a helmet so I prob couldn't hurt myself tooo bad!

I don't plan on being up before noon at all on this trip! ha! It will be soo nice to sleep in- stay up super late, and not have to worry about a 'schedule'.

EP is my favorite park, so I am sure we will spend a lot of time there!

So, which resort to guys guys recommend as being the most CF? We were thinking we would stay at WL, but I am open to suggestions! It's not that we dont want to be around ANY kids, but we would like to relax as much as possible. Keep in mind we do have a little one, he is just not going on this trip- so it's our one chance to do grown up stuff!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #56
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
I would love to try the segway tour- but do you know how clumsy I am? HA! Of course, I guess they give you a helmet so I prob couldn't hurt myself tooo bad!

I don't plan on being up before noon at all on this trip! ha! It will be soo nice to sleep in- stay up super late, and not have to worry about a 'schedule'.

EP is my favorite park, so I am sure we will spend a lot of time there!

So, which resort to guys guys recommend as being the most CF? We were thinking we would stay at WL, but I am open to suggestions! It's not that we dont want to be around ANY kids, but we would like to relax as much as possible. Keep in mind we do have a little one, he is just not going on this trip- so it's our one chance to do grown up stuff!

Cassi- trust me, you could ride a Segway It is a bit scary at first, but you catch on quick- it's easy!!

I wouldn't say one resort has less kids than another, but, I think you would notice the kids more at a value or any resort with a "food court". Also, Some of the resorts have "quiet pools" you can go to to get away from the kiddies too. I have a feeling we will be doing that at the BWV.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #57
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

OK, you are convincing me! I can ride a horse, so I should be able to ride a Segway, right!? Chad will want to get one for the store- LOL- can you see him rolling around a WM on one? hahahaha!

I am hoping the October thing will help us- we shall see!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #58
Tinker_
DIS Veteran

OK, you are convincing me! I can ride a horse, so I should be able to ride a Segway, right!? Chad will want to get one for the store- LOL- can you see him rolling around a WM on one? hahahaha!

I am hoping the October thing will help us- we shall see!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! For some reason I has not even thought about Victoria and Alberts! I will def make a ressie- he will love that! I am not a drinker, but DF is (and I dont mind coming along for the ride!) so good to know about Paradiso 37- I didn't even know it exsisted!! We are also planning on La Nouba- We have never seen it so we are super duper excited!
We saw La Nouba last year. It was incredible!

Chris and I are already talking about our first child-free trip - even though it's about 10 years away. Were definitely planning on drinking around the world. Whether we'll make it around the entire WS remains to be seen.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #60
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Hello CF peeps, hope you don't mind me crashing the party. DH and I are also CF by choice (as much as both our mothers whine they're going to have to settle for furry grandkids ) We got engaged at WDW, got married at WDW and are planning 3 trips this year. Every time we see a crying kid or a parent struggling with the stroller and diaper bag we just smile and keep on walking. If you have kids, more power to ya, but it ain't for us.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: