Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #211
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

I loved Kouzzina. Had lamb there too, and almost licked my plate as well. So good.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #212
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
I loved Kouzzina. Had lamb there too, and almost licked my plate as well. So good.
You need better table manners young lady

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #213
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
You need better table manners young lady
I said almost!!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #214
TKDizneyluver
Formerly TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth
Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day!

Hey Everyone!

Holy frijoli have you people been chatting, it took me an hour just to catch up and I'm sure I'll still miss something!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Popping in to say Hi and join the thread.
Beautiful dog, love his name!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue65829 View Post
Just wanted to say hello all, dh and I are childfree by choice and have been married for 5 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcodfish View Post
Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon I am 28, married and child free by choice. erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammieJ View Post
But I think it's only fair for parents of any child, handicapped or not, to take responsibility for their child's behavior no matter where they take them.
ITA!! People who have special needs children should know what that child can handle which includes flying on an airplane, going on amusement rides, etc.

Quote:
DH and I usually look at each other when we come across those kids and and say "Better them than us!" and continue strolling along peacefully!
This is DH and I too!!

Quote:
You know, I just remembered something today! I said no one ever made a rude comment about me being childless, I was wrong. Someone made a comment elsewhere that I would not be a good mother b/c I like Marilyn Manson!

The person is just worthless and I would not even comment on their stupidity. But I thought that was pretty rude.
Wow, what a totally rude thing to say to someone!! I supposed you would be a better parent if you were abusing drugs & alcohol!!! LMAO!! I know, I know some lurker who gets their nose out of joint at that one is probably gonna flame me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
We had a lot of turbulence on that flight. I really wanted to turn around and tell that little girl that the turbulence was God's punishment for her whining
Alesia I loved that statement, how funny would it have been if you actually said it!!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the good lucks and all!! I think I am really ready for the race. Averaging a 12-14 min mile right now, and I have lost almost 25 lbs since the beginning of Jan!
Kat that is so awesome that you've lost all that weight since January!! And good luck in Disney both on the race and enjoying your vacay!!!

You guys have definitely made me want to add Kouzzina to my list of restaurants for our next trip! I love Marrakesh and yes there is a woman doing belly dancing inside the restaurant. She was there with 2 men playing the sittar (sp?) and a small drum. She would invite the dad's & kids up to dance.

Coronado Springs 2009; POP Century 2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007; Caribbean Beach 2004; Off grounds 2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings) 2001; All-Star Movies 1999; All-Star Sports 1998
TKDizneyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #215
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDizneyluver View Post
Wow, what a totally rude thing to say to someone!! I supposed you would be a better parent if you were abusing drugs & alcohol!!! LMAO!! I know, I know some lurker who gets their nose out of joint at that one is probably gonna flame me!!
Probably the same lurker who made the Marilyn Manson comment

......Me and DH
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #216
TKDizneyluver
Formerly TKDisneylover

Quote:
Probably the same lurker who made the Marilyn Manson comment
I swear if one of those lurking trolls decides to post here again and give us a hard time I am reporting them to the Moderators and get their booty's booted!!!

Coronado Springs 2009; POP Century 2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007; Caribbean Beach 2004; Off grounds 2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings) 2001; All-Star Movies 1999; All-Star Sports 1998
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #217
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDizneyluver View Post
I swear if one of those lurking trolls decides to post here again and give us a hard time I am reporting them to the Moderators and get their booty's booted!!!
I am right there behind you. The whole reason I signed onto this thread was to not discuss kids. Last thing I want is someone jumping in to spout about their kids or their opinions on kids. Don't get me wrong... if folks want to chat about other stuff (like food ) welcome & join the conversation I don't care if you have kids or not. But don't divert the topic to something the thread name explicitly says we are free from.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #218
TKDizneyluver
Formerly TKDisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
I am right there behind you. The whole reason I signed onto this thread was to not discuss kids. Last thing I want is someone jumping in to spout about their kids or their opinions on kids. Don't get me wrong... if folks want to chat about other stuff (like food ) welcome & join the conversation I don't care if you have kids or not. But don't divert the topic to something the thread name explicitly says we are free from.
Well said Chica!!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #219
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Happy Hump Day Everyone! Half way to the weekend.

So we still have no phone, cable or internet at home. Comcast's craptastic customer service! Said they would be there yesterday afternoon. Not so much as a call back & no show on the service guy. DH called & gave them an earfull last night so they should hopefully get it fixed today. Of course we won't get a credit for the down time will we?!?

DH is actually at a job interview this morning. He was nervous -- he has to take a test (which I've heard of for his type of work). He was nervous. Think last test he took was back in high school & let's just say it has been a few years since then...

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #220
maddhatir

Quote:

So we still have no phone, cable or internet at home. Comcast's craptastic customer service! Said they would be there yesterday afternoon. Not so much as a call back & no show on the service guy. DH called & gave them an earfull last night so they should hopefully get it fixed today. Of course we won't get a credit for the down time will we?!?

DH is actually at a job interview this morning. He was nervous -- he has to take a test (which I've heard of for his type of work). He was nervous. Think last test he took was back in high school & let's just say it has been a few years since then...

Crossing my fingers for DH!!!

Cheryl- I would ask for credit from the time they did not show up! I HATE Comcast techs- if I can do something myself- I try. Never fails, they come in a screw crap up, unless they "fix it" from outside.

Do they even have to come into your house or can they fix it from outside??

......Me and DH
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #221
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Cheryl, crossing my fingers for him!

I have had to take a test before. It is fairly standard procedure, esp if you are going through a recruiter/contract agency.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #222
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid

Quote:

crossing my fingers that his interview goes well!

I agree with madd, I would definitely ask for a credit, b/c that is ridiculous that they didn't even show up or call and they should really credit you for it...we don't have comcast, but time warner has always been good about crediting us when our service has been out and not fixed right away...It can't hurt to ask.

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #223
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Hey, I have a random question for all of you. I know that many of you are, well, not so traditional when it comes to religion.

I am not very religious, okay, well maybe not really at all in a traditional sense, and I always feel uncomfortable when someone asks me to pray for someone else. I feel sort of like an imposter if I say I will, but on the other hand I don't want it to feel like I am not thinking of the person or don't care.

What is the proper response?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #224
maddhatir

Quote:
Hey, I have a random question for all of you. I know that many of you are, well, not so traditional when it comes to religion.

I am not very religious, okay, well maybe not really at all in a traditional sense, and I always feel uncomfortable when someone asks me to pray for someone else. I feel sort of like an imposter if I say I will, but on the other hand I don't want it to feel like I am not thinking of the person or don't care.

What is the proper response?
Kat - I usually say "sending positive thoughts your way"

If it is a Diser- you can always use the "pixie dust"

......Me and DH

Last edited by maddhatir; 03-03-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: CAN'T SPELL!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #225
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid

Quote:
Kat - I usually say "sending postivie thoughts your way"If it is a Diser- you can always use the "pixie dust"
me too. I guess cause then at least I'm still doing something even though it is not praying for them...anyone I've always told, has always seemed pleased enough by that response

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: