Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #196
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue65829 View Post
Just wanted to say hello all, dh and I are childfree by choice and have been married for 5 years. I am way more of a Disney fanatic than he is, but he is more than willing to get dragged along by my planning binges If I had my way we'd be at Disney at least once a year!
me too! But luckily my DH is just as obsessed as I am...unfortunately it's been 5 years since our last trip and we are so jonesing for another one....we just don't have the money....
btw Welcome!

Welcome to Calypso as well! So nice to see so many new CF peeps joining us!!

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #197
elcodfish
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon I am 28, married and child free by choice. I find it funny how many of us have cats, I currently have 4 and 1 foster kitty. I wonder if the "no kids" gene is attached to the "cats please" gene...

I usually like kids in small groups in small doses, but most of the time, I have a bigger problem with parents than kids I remember on our honeymoon flight to WDW the little girl behind us, maybe 3-4 years old, was obviously in pain crying and pulling at her ears, after about an hour of this and accepting the parents would or could not help her I turn around and ask the parents if I can give her a snack, I always carry fruit snacks on a plane and after I gave her a pack she was doing much better. I even gave the parents some extra for the flight home. They said that basically they thought that since it was a short flight (3 hours) she could "handle it". Really? Let me pinch your leg over and over for 3 hours and see how you are doing. When my sister and I went to Disney with her son, we had plan a, b, c, d, etc because that's what a responsible parent does, take care of your kid and plan ahead. ok, getting off my soap box now

I have to admit, something my husband and I really enjoy is watching the Jedi Academy show with all the kids, there is always a little one that is REALLY into it and it makes us laugh everytime!

erica
elcodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #198
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

^I couldn't agree more about the parents. We always say that there are no bad children, only bad parents.

I also think it's amusing about the cats.

3-D. I am extremely myopic, thankfully correctable, but I can't really see 3-D. Like the movie is not blurry or anything, but the effects just don't do much for me. What is supposed to be right in your face really just isn't.

Thanks everyone for the good lucks and all!! I think I am really ready for the race. Averaging a 12-14 min mile right now, and I have lost almost 25 lbs since the beginning of Jan!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #199
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I actually like interacting with children, and find them fairly amusing. But the lifestyle my boyfriend and I isn't really child-appropriate.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #200
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcodfish View Post
Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon I am 28, married and child free by choice. I find it funny how many of us have cats, I currently have 4 and 1 foster kitty. I wonder if the "no kids" gene is attached to the "cats please" gene...

I usually like kids in small groups in small doses, but most of the time, I have a bigger problem with parents than kids I remember on our honeymoon flight to WDW the little girl behind us, maybe 3-4 years old, was obviously in pain crying and pulling at her ears, after about an hour of this and accepting the parents would or could not help her I turn around and ask the parents if I can give her a snack, I always carry fruit snacks on a plane and after I gave her a pack she was doing much better. I even gave the parents some extra for the flight home. They said that basically they thought that since it was a short flight (3 hours) she could "handle it". Really? Let me pinch your leg over and over for 3 hours and see how you are doing. When my sister and I went to Disney with her son, we had plan a, b, c, d, etc because that's what a responsible parent does, take care of your kid and plan ahead. ok, getting off my soap box now

I have to admit, something my husband and I really enjoy is watching the Jedi Academy show with all the kids, there is always a little one that is REALLY into it and it makes us laugh everytime!

erica
Welcome Erica!!!

We got a "no kids" bandwagon going

I like how you came to the rescue on the plane. I am very surprised the parents did not have snacks! Isn't that a parental requirement! Snacks and a DVD player They should tell people that when leaving the hospital with their newborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Thanks everyone for the good lucks and all!! I think I am really ready for the race. Averaging a 12-14 min mile right now, and I have lost almost 25 lbs since the beginning of Jan!
OMG Kat!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!!!!

I always say sweating like a piggy gets the pounds off quickly! When I started on my diet- the pounds fell off just by doing 20 minutes every day of the Biggest Loser b/c I would sweat like a pig- it feels so good! And it was SO easy- no jumping around etc- just moving around a lot. Bob is the man! I don't like that chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
I actually like interacting with children, and find them fairly amusing. But the lifestyle my boyfriend and I isn't really child-appropriate.
Hmmmm- DO TELL!

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #201
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post

Hmmmm- DO TELL!
Not really that complicated... boyfriend is 60, never had kids, never wanted kids. He works at home, so he'd be the one raising hellions, which he doesn't want to do. Also, we're both in show business, which requires us to be out of the house a lot of nights, at Broadway shows, etc. And we live in a 1BR in Manhattan.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #202
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Not really that complicated... boyfriend is 60, never had kids, never wanted kids. He works at home, so he'd be the one raising hellions, which he doesn't want to do. Also, we're both in show business, which requires us to be out of the house a lot of nights, at Broadway shows, etc. And we live in a 1BR in Manhattan.
Showbiz!!!!? Cool! What do you do if you do not mind me asking? If you do mind- tell me to hush and mind my own business

I can see if your BF is 60 and no kids yet, why start now!!!? No thanks! ITA!

ETA- Have fun in Disney!!!!!!!!

......Me and DH
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #203
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
Welcome Erica!!!

We got a "no kids" bandwagon going

I like how you came to the rescue on the plane. I am very surprised the parents did not have snacks! Isn't that a parental requirement! Snacks and a DVD player They should tell people that when leaving the hospital with their newborn.

OMG Kat!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!!!!

I always say sweating like a piggy gets the pounds off quickly! When I started on my diet- the pounds fell off just by doing 20 minutes every day of the Biggest Loser b/c I would sweat like a pig- it feels so good! And it was SO easy- no jumping around etc- just moving around a lot. Bob is the man! I don't like that chick!

Hmmmm- DO TELL!
Quote:
Showbiz!!!!? Cool! What do you do if you do not mind me asking? If you do mind- tell me to hush and mind my own business

I can see if your BF is 60 and no kids yet, why start now!!!? No thanks! ITA!
We're both lyricists. BF is also a musical book writer and professor of musical theatre.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #204
maddhatir

Quote:
We're both lyricists. BF is also a musical book writer and professor of musical theatre.

......Me and DH
Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #205
maddhatir

Since we all love food Has anyone ever been to Gaylord Palms to eat??

I just saw this on the FoodBlog and it looks beautiful!!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...-palms-resort/

......Me and DH
Old 03-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #206
Shyvioletisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
kat that is awesome!!! I'm sure you'll do great and I'm sure you're really happy about the weight loss as an added bonus!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #207
Shyvioletisme

Quote:
that is awesome! welcome to the thread...also welcome Erica!!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #208
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cheryl- We love Middle Eastern food too! I think we might try Kouzzina one night b/c we will have one extra TS credit.
That is the new one on the Boardwalk, right? You'll have to let us know how it is.

Quote:
We like to watch Mo'Rockin! That chick is awesome! Does she do the belly dancing inside the restaurant too??
They have several different ladies who dance. I think they change day to day, but if you go a few times you get an idea of who to expect where & when.
MoRockin is Great -- I got my Belly Dance teacher hooked on them too.

Quote:
Is Chris slacking!!!!? No french toast? No yummy breakfast?!!
I only get that on Wednesdays when I work at home. This morning he didn't even roll out of bed until about 10 minutes before I was leaving for the office. I have to confess I'm a bit envious of being able to sleep late every day. But I figure he should enjoy while he can... he'll be back to the grind soon enough hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue65829 View Post
Just wanted to say hello all, dh and I are childfree by choice and have been married for 5 years. I am way more of a Disney fanatic than he is, but he is more than willing to get dragged along by my planning binges If I had my way we'd be at Disney at least once a year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcodfish View Post
Welcome! You'll see we are mostly harmless to ourselves & others!

I love the "cats please" theory.... wonder if we could get a govt. grant to do a study on that?

Quote:
And we live in a 1BR in Manhattan.
Hey, a fellow New Englander...
You getting hammered by the snow too?

On the good front... I heard a Red Wing Blackbird this morning. That is as sure a sign that spring is around the corner as seeing a Robin!
Thank goodness, because too much more of this weather & I may snap.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #209
roomthreeseventeen

We got about 10 inches of snow. YUCK.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #210
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
That is the new one on the Boardwalk, right? You'll have to let us know how it is.
Yes- used to be Spoodles.

Quote:
Hey, a fellow New Englander...
You getting hammered by the snow too?
Quote:
We got about 10 inches of snow. YUCK.
Hey! The snow skipped by us this time! 10" in Manhattan!!!? I am only 1.5 hours from you and it is warm here (45!)- this weather is insane!! I know one of the past storms (think it was 2 storms ago for us) we got almost 2' dumped on us and North Jersey only got a coating!

......Me and DH

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: