Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

It’s a “Wonder” I survived Trip Report: Day 19 – Relaxing, DHS & California Grill.

The Cast:

Me, 34 – Disney obsessed, Shopaholic & extremely clumsy!
Lee (DH), 35 – aka the Mad Hatter….

26th September 2009 = Day 19

I was awake from about 3am (bearing in mind we didn’t go to bed until about 1.30am ) as my leg was unbearably itchy and swollen. I ended up sitting on the side of the bath with my leg under the cold tap, Lee heard me in the bathroom but I told him to go back to sleep. After a few hours and an entire tube of cream rubbed into my leg I finally managed to get back to sleep. When I woke about 11am and was confused as Lee wasn’t in the room, but I guessed he had popped down to get some breakfast or a Hot Chocolate.

About ten minutes later he returned, explaining that he had been to Hollywood Studios to get some fast passes for Toy Story Mania. Bless him! He knew how disappointed I had been to not have one more go yesterday. What a little sweetie, he had woke up, got dressed and caught a bus to DHS about 8.45am, he went straight to TSM but had trouble getting a FP with my ticket as it recognised it had not been through the turnstile. However he explained the situation to a CM and she kindly gave him a FP for me. The return time on the FP was 1.45 – 2.45pm, that was at 9.15am!!! They go so fast! He walked back to the bus stop and waited for the bus back to the Poly, and waited and waited and waited. About 40 minutes later a bus going past stopped and told him that they don’t start picking up until 11am! So he walked over to the boat dock, got a boat to Epcot, went through International Gateway and out the main entrance, caught the Monorail back to the TTC and then walked back to the Poly. Poor thing!

When he got back I showed him my legs, where unfortunately whilst asleep in the night I had scratched them like crazy as they were badly blistered and red raw. Lee went up to the shop to get a couple more tubes of the anti itch soothing cream, he also grabbed two Hot Chocolates on his way back.

I stayed in bed for a while resting my legs, we watched tv and used the internet via our laptop. Eventually we got showered and ready, and got the bus to DHS. We went straight to TSM and used our FP’s, as always Lee won although I did try claiming that I’d won as I had a higher accuracy score than him it didn’t matter as I was just so happy to have one last go.

As we headed back out of the park Block Party Bash was in full swing so we watched a little before getting the bus back to the Poly.

Once back at the resort we got some food from Captain Cooks, I placed the order whilst Lee ran to our room to get the refillable cups, we both had a bacon double cheeseburger and a coke. After lunch we went next door to the Arcade to use our free 30 minute voucher. Lee went on two games then we both played basketball, I won 3-1. We used the rest of the time on the Air hockey table, I think we played about 4 games all of which Lee won - it had nothing to do with my amazing ability to score own goals.

We had a walk up to the boat dock and around the beach taking some photos of the resort before heading back to our room about 6pm.

We chilled for an hour before showering and getting dressed up for our dinner at California Grill this evening. On the way we stopped in the lobby to have some photopass pics taken and then got the monorail to the Contemporary. We checked in on Level 2 and were shown into the lift up to floor 15, it was very busy in the waiting area and bar. They were running about 30 minutes late so we popped out onto the observation deck to see the view of Magic Kingdom, it was still 20 mins until Wishes but people were already gathering. We waited out there for five minutes before it started to spit with rain so we went back inside and stood watching at the window. The rain started getting heavier and a few more people gradually came back inside, by a few minutes to 9pm it was absolutely chucking it down and the last few people came in, they were drenched to the skin. We stayed inside and watched HalloWishes, unfortunately because of the heavy rain we could barely see the fireworks and they were cut short. I was surprised they actually let any off but it was a MNSSHP night so I suppose they had too really.

After the fireworks we went to the bar and just as we were about to order a drink the buzzer went off, we were seated at a table next to the window with a view of the castle, we could also see the Grand Floridian and the Poly. We waited for about 10 minutes before someone came back to the table with the menus and took our drinks order. Lee had a Budweiser and I had to have a glass of one of my favourite wines, Cloudy Bay. I was so happy when I spotted it on the wine list.

Eventually after another ten minutes or so our waitress made an appearance with some bread, our drinks and took our order.

For starters Lee had lobster risotto:

I had the three cheese flat bread with pesto and sun dried tomatoes, which was nice:

For main course Lee had Seared Ostrich Filet served with buttery potato puree, wild mushrooms, carrots, fig and honey port reduction:

I had Oak-fired Filet of Beef with sour cream mashed potatoes and teriyaki barbecue sauce:

We were both full and didn’t fancy dessert so paid the bill, which including a second round of drinks was $141 + tip. We got the lift down to Level 4 and had a browse in the shops. I bought a couple of pins and my lovely hubby bought me a Minnie Mouse charm bracelet style watch.

We then got the monorail back to the Poly about midnight and went to bed very tired and sad that tomorrow is our last full day.

Coming up - Day 20 = Eating our way around the World!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland

Last edited by Pinky166; 02-12-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Aww, Lee's a sweetie, fancy getting up and heading to DHS to get you some FP's

A lovely day, shame about your poor legs though and what a lovely watch

It's a shame we're getting to the end of your trip report

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

What a lovely thing for Lee to do for you, go all that way to get fast passes, you're so lucky.

Poor you with your heat rash, you'd think that they would have invented a cure by now

Love the pics of your dinner at the Contemporary and glad you got a window table as they're great.

Another fantastic day

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

I love that watch Claire, its gorgeous.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

I have loved reading your report - thank you.

Your poor leg sounds horrible.

Love the watch.

What a lovely hubby

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Aww, what a lovely thing of Lee to do, to go and get the fastpasses. Sorry to hear that your leg was still troubling you.

Lovely watch.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

what a wonderful thing for Lee to do
sounds like you had a great day.xx
shame its your last day tomorrow
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Awww Lee is sooooo sweet!!! U lucky girl that watch is beautiful
Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a lovely hubby Lee is fancy sneaking off to get you the fastpasses like that!!

I love your watch.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #10
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

That Lee bloke thats taggin along with you is a bit of a star isn't he.
What with 'Mission Fastpass' and the watch you'd do worse than holding onto him

I love the pic of the GF with all the clouds over it. If I ever managed to take one like that it would be blown up and hung over a wall.

And I can't believe you never had a desert at CG. They had the best brulee I have ever had. Anywhere. Ever.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Ooh Claire, I didn't realise you'd posted another day, hun!!! How awful about your leg - I really hope it doesn't trouble you in June... As for Lee, what a sweetheart!!!

That watch is gorgeous BTW!!! I can see we'll be spending a lot of time (geddit???) in the Contemporary shop...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

the meal at the cali gril sounds and looked wonderful

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #13
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

oooh that watch is lovely

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #15
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe