Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Those are some cute kiddos and a very nice Grandpa. I wonder if they have a family yet????
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #17
DisneyDaddio
Ducketeer

Wow, you got a lot done in the first day.

BTW, I love that Survivor magnet! LOL.
DisneyDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

Super update. Thanks for the fun report.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
clawmachine
DIS Veteran

Hi Kelli!

I finally got over here to see your report. You sound like a wonderful person and could be a cruise director yourself!

We're currently getting at least a foot more of snow on top of the 30"+ we already had, so I have a 9ft square area reserved for you to come pick up at your leisure. Make sure you bring a flying sleigh because it truly looks like the blizzard scene from the Rudolph movie out there!

Colleen
clawmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #20
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Loving your report!

I'm sorry I didn't pop by the DISmeet, I was doing....something probably the three of us were getting stateroom storage divied up.

Monica and I ran upstairs for adult beverages and streamers and we did sail-away from our verandah...kind of a nice change from the wild party upstairs (which we could at least hear).

Did anyone see the DOLPHINS off the port side as we were heading out? Got a couple of photos of that.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawmachine View Post
Hi Kelli!

I finally got over here to see your report. You sound like a wonderful person and could be a cruise director yourself!

We're currently getting at least a foot more of snow on top of the 30"+ we already had, so I have a 9ft square area reserved for you to come pick up at your leisure. Make sure you bring a flying sleigh because it truly looks like the blizzard scene from the Rudolph movie out there!

Colleen
I don't know about all that at the beginning, but thanks!! I will be there to pick up snow tomorrow! Kids will be thrilled!

TraciM - "Those are some cute kiddos and a very nice Grandpa. I wonder if they have a family yet????"

Nah, I heard they all got left there from the last cruise. We thought about adopting as they are VERY cute and nice!

DisneyDaddio - That Survivor is one of my faves! We LOVE Survivor and we all watch together every season. New one starts tomorrow!!!

ibouncetoo - Saw the dolphins! Way cool!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! Now on to the rest of day one and hopefully day 2!

The DaSilva's are:
Bert(DH), Kelli (DW),Alex (DD13) and Kevin(DS10)
* !!Theme Park Commandos!! WDW Commando Member # 223
My 1st cruise TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35341965
Tinkerkell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Loving your report!

I'm sorry I didn't pop by the DISmeet, I was doing....something probably the three of us were getting stateroom storage divied up.

Monica and I ran upstairs for adult beverages and streamers and we did sail-away from our verandah...kind of a nice change from the wild party upstairs (which we could at least hear).

Did anyone see the DOLPHINS off the port side as we were heading out? Got a couple of photos of that.
I wish I had seen them. I was keeping an eye out the entire trip.

Last edited by TraciM; 02-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

To finish up day 1... (finally - longest day on earth, huh?)

Okay, so we left off, as I recall with sunset and time to get ready for the show. Hate to say, we totally missed the show! It was "All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin". Pretty much sums up the evening. We had big plans to see that show, eat dinner and hit the Match Your Mate and Magic Quest afterwards!

Did we make it? Let's see...

First of alll, I am not totally sure how we missed that show. Probably me taking my sweet time getting dressed for dinner! We realize we won't make it, so we go to the Promenade Lounge and they have Party Time with the Right Stuff Duo. They were pretty good! We were the only ones there for a bit and I hated that there wasn't a bigger audience for them. We had a great time listening to them while enjoying some lovely adult beverages. Not the kids, of course! They had a great time while enjoying some lovely carbonated beverages...

Soon enough, it was time for dinner. And thank goodness because we were starving! We were on the PCLAAPCLA rotation so, of course, our dinner was in Parrot Cay. We got Sudama and Mia as our servers...

Great servers! Sudama (head server) has been with DCL for 11 years!! Wow!! Mia is saving up to get her master's and hopes to be ready for that in a few months!

We were shown to our table and there was another family sitting with us! Yay! I sat down next to the mom and turned to say hi and introduce myself and looked right at.....

Wait for it.....

Edie Falco!!!!

I kid you not!

Well, okay, maybe I kid you!

But I swear, Pam was a dead ringer for her! I actually started looking around for James Gandolfini! We started talking, and OH MY GOSH!! She sounds JUST like her too!!!

Fortunately, she was not, in fact, married to a mobster. Although it could come in handy to know someone like that, huh?

She and her DH, Randy and twin DDs, were so nice and we had a great time with them! If they are reading this now, BOOK 1/22/11!! You know you want to go!!!

Here is a picture of all the kids:

Frankly, I could not tell you what we had for dinner. Parrot Cay looks neat inside and the food is not bad, but of the 3 places, my least favorite. If you are going to book Palo, Parrot Cay night is the night to do it...

And speaking of Palo... So we have reservations for dinner at Palo on Tuesday night. Well, that happened to be "show" night in Animator's Palate. We have never seen that so we don't want to miss it and the kids especially don't want to miss it. So I call and change the day. Okay, so what day (well, night) do we switch to? Monday night is Formal Night (also in AP), Tuesday, well, we know that's out, Wednesday? Oh, my no! Pirate night! This also happens to be in Parrot Cay, the one place I don't mind missing again.

BUT, 1st cruise....

Pirate night....

The boy has a costume....

We can't miss that one! So Thursday? Nope. Alex's 10th b-day! Will she mind if we miss it? Probably!

So Friday it is. I book for Friday. Still not real sure about that one as it IS our last night! Do I want to miss that??? Stay tuned....

So, back to dinner. Food so-so, company fabulous! We finish dinner and the kids are wiped out! We take them back to the cabin, get them ready for bed, and INTO bed. We are going out!! There are parties to be had out there are we aren't going to miss out!!

Oh, wait a minute....

Was that a yawn? Or 2, or 3? I am dying! Way too much wine and the past 2 nights with WAY too little sleep. Maybe I'll just lie down a minute, THEN we'll go out....

Next up! Day 2!

The DaSilva's are:
My 1st cruise TR:
Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #24
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
To finish up day 1... (finally - longest day on earth, huh?)

Okay, so we left off, as I recall with sunset and time to get ready for the show. Hate to say, we totally missed the show! It was "All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin". Pretty much sums up the evening. We had big plans to see that show, eat dinner and hit the Match Your Mate and Magic Quest afterwards!

Did we make it? Let's see...

First of alll, I am not totally sure how we missed that show. Probably me taking my sweet time getting dressed for dinner! We realize we won't make it, so we go to the Promenade Lounge and they have Party Time with the Right Stuff Duo. They were pretty good! We were the only ones there for a bit and I hated that there wasn't a bigger audience for them. We had a great time listening to them while enjoying some lovely adult beverages. Not the kids, of course! They had a great time while enjoying some lovely carbonated beverages...

Soon enough, it was time for dinner. And thank goodness because we were starving! We were on the PCLAAPCLA rotation so, of course, our dinner was in Parrot Cay. We got Sudama and Mia as our servers...

Great servers! Sudama (head server) has been with DCL for 11 years!! Wow!! Mia is saving up to get her master's and hopes to be ready for that in a few months!

We were shown to our table and there was another family sitting with us! Yay! I sat down next to the mom and turned to say hi and introduce myself and looked right at.....

Wait for it.....

Edie Falco!!!!

I kid you not!

Well, okay, maybe I kid you!

But I swear, Pam was a dead ringer for her! I actually started looking around for James Gandolfini! We started talking, and OH MY GOSH!! She sounds JUST like her too!!!

Fortunately, she was not, in fact, married to a mobster. Although it could come in handy to know someone like that, huh?

She and her DH, Randy and twin DDs, were so nice and we had a great time with them! If they are reading this now, BOOK 1/22/11!! You know you want to go!!!

Here is a picture of all the kids:

Frankly, I could not tell you what we had for dinner. Parrot Cay looks neat inside and the food is not bad, but of the 3 places, my least favorite. If you are going to book Palo, Parrot Cay night is the night to do it...

And speaking of Palo... So we have reservations for dinner at Palo on Tuesday night. Well, that happened to be "show" night in Animator's Palate. We have never seen that so we don't want to miss it and the kids especially don't want to miss it. So I call and change the day. Okay, so what day (well, night) do we switch to? Monday night is Formal Night (also in AP), Tuesday, well, we know that's out, Wednesday? Oh, my no! Pirate night! This also happens to be in Parrot Cay, the one place I don't mind missing again.

BUT, 1st cruise....

Pirate night....

The boy has a costume....

We can't miss that one! So Thursday? Nope. Alex's 10th b-day! Will she mind if we miss it? Probably!

So Friday it is. I book for Friday. Still not real sure about that one as it IS our last night! Do I want to miss that??? Stay tuned....

So, back to dinner. Food so-so, company fabulous! We finish dinner and the kids are wiped out! We take them back to the cabin, get them ready for bed, and INTO bed. We are going out!! There are parties to be had out there are we aren't going to miss out!!

Oh, wait a minute....

Was that a yawn? Or 2, or 3? I am dying! Way too much wine and the past 2 nights with WAY too little sleep. Maybe I'll just lie down a minute, THEN we'll go out....

Next up! Day 2!
Next time you HAVE to hit Match Your Mate. I have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
DisneyDaddio
Ducketeer

Great wrap-up of day 1.

Wife and I will also be watching Survivor tomorrow.
DisneyDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #26
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddio View Post
Great wrap-up of day 1.

Wife and I will also be watching Survivor tomorrow.
Us too, which is why I will not be doing day 2 tonight!

A couple of things I forgot to mention on day 1:
Sea was rough that first night! You could really feel the ship moving around in Parrot Cay. A few minutes after we got to dinner the DD said she felt bad. Kind of sick to her stomach.

No....

NO....

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!....

So I run down to the room and grab the pack of SeaBands I bought. Frankly, didn't really think they would work, but didn't want to go straight to meds as they have a tendency to knock me out, didn't want the girl to sleep through the cruise!

Put those SeaBands on and 10 minutes later....

Alex is feeling fine and even eats a pretty big dinner! She keeps them on 'til bedtime. Next morning at breakfast - same story! Put them back on and she is feeling fine!

She took them off to swim later and never had to put them back on! May have all been psychosomatic on her part, but regardless... I am a SeaBands believer!!

The DaSilva's are:
My 1st cruise TR:
Old 02-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
Tinkerkell123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciM View Post
Next time you HAVE to hit Match Your Mate. I have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!
I am!! Already planning on taking some SimplySleep the 2 nights pre-cruise so I am not exhausted!! I was just kicking myself about missing that!

The DaSilva's are:
My 1st cruise TR:
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #28
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
I am!! Already planning on taking some SimplySleep the 2 nights pre-cruise so I am not exhausted!! I was just kicking myself about missing that!
I wish we could go next year with you guys. It would be so much fun.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #29
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Very much enjoying your trip report -- gives me a way to excitedly anticipate our trip next month.

Can you tell me please what seabands are, where you purchase them, and what they cost?

Weather gods willing, we arrive two days before our cruise and I was hoping to pick up necessities such as seasickness medicine in Florida, rather than before.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #30
DisneyDaddio
Ducketeer

Good to hear the seabands worked. My wife used these during her first pregnancy and they helped her with morning sickness. We're hoping to get a cruise next year and we're packing seabands and bonine (not going to take any chances). Hopefully they work for me, then I won't need to take the medication.

No update due to Survivor? That's what commercials are for.

papertraveller: seabands are wrist bands with a "nub" (yeah, I'm real technical) pressure point that helps some people with nausea. More info at:
http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm

You can find them at most pharmacies, etc. My wife just found a pair on sale at Walgreens for $2! (I think they are usually around $10, but best to shop around for best prices). Last pair and she snatched them up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: