DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
frogprincesskc
Earning My Ears

Question Has anyone out there rented DVC points?

Has anyone rented DVC points before? Where from? How was your experience? I am looking at renting through Davids DVC rentals. We wanted to buy this year but decided to wait to buy until we are at Disney to take advantage of any promotions they might offer.
frogprincesskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
hardhead
Mouseketeer

I rented right from the disboards here!! It was a easy transaction. I then bought a contract for SSR through resale and am in the process of buying a BWV through resale. I would suggest resale since you can save 30 to 40 a point. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I didn't even know there were other places to rent from (like David's you mentioned). I just completed a transfer yesterday (initiated from the Disboards Rent/Trade forum) and it was a good transaction in the end but the overall process wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I used to say why own DVC if you can rent/transfer in but now I am re-thinking that. Seems that it is hard to get people to respond to your posts (on the Rent/Trade board) and your replies and I was waiting to hear back from someone before moving on to the next seller but that was taking way too long. So then I just sent inquiries to a bunch of sellers and some would reply but then I would confuse who was selling what and for what price. And part of my problem was we were transferring the points in to make a ressie for friends so I would have to wait for their OK or get their approval before taking the next step. At least I could check on availability with member services myself though.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
christa112
DIS Veteran

OP--Just wondering why you are waiting for an incentive? They are always offering incentives and it seems to me if you are going to shell out the money to rent and then buy. Why not just buy and put the money you were going to pay to rent into the price of your DVC.

People are always listing what the current incentives are on here and there is a huge list of guides that people are happy to recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogprincesskc View Post
Has anyone rented DVC points before? Where from? How was your experience? I am looking at renting through Davids DVC rentals. We wanted to buy this year but decided to wait to buy until we are at Disney to take advantage of any promotions they might offer.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christa112 View Post
OP--Just wondering why you are waiting for an incentive? They are always offering incentives and it seems to me if you are going to shell out the money to rent and then buy. Why not just buy and put the money you were going to pay to rent into the price of your DVC.
I agree completely. You will not be offered any additional incentives on site that you can't get over the phone except for maybe some fastpasses and ice cream.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
calypso*a*go-go

Captain of the Love "Board!"
Cost for a tag=1 "Mickey"

I've offered points for rent in the past and had no problems at all. It's just a matter of checking the Rent/Trade Board and finding someone you feel comfortable with.

I also agree that you should consider putting point rental money towards a new membership if you've decided being a DVC owner is a definite thing.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

I rented here from a Disboard member back in 2004, that was the first time we stayed DVC. On that trip we fell in love with it, and ended up buying our first contract.

Hollymom1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
frogprincesskc
Earning My Ears

Thanks to all who have replied. The Davids DVC rentals is on the very first ad in the rent/trade threads on here and also i several others. The reason I am thinking of going thru them is that by the time I am seeing any ads for the points I could use, they already have tons of posts to them and I figured that the points were already gone or close to it. As for waiting until we are at Disney, my parents bought when they were there and they were offered a little different incentives. Although they were paying outright for their room at the time and were not renting points. We are in the process of buying our home and I am a neurotic over planner and would like to be able to start planning for our trip next Jan, I just would like to be able to wait until then to buy so we can see then what we can afford. Thanks again for all your help, and to anyone else that posts on here after this reply.
frogprincesskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
ercrbc
Mouseketeer

My family rented from David's last Summer and had a very good experience. I would highly recommend it if you are wanting to rent points and are specific about when/where you want to stay. Have fun planning!
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
ercrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #10
Cee
DIS Veteran

It seems a good number of folks start out renting. Personally, I have rented many times and never had a bad experience. Quite the contrary. Only really great experiences. Nice people who went out of their way to make sure all went smoothly. It's easy if you have Paypal too!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
jpolak
DIS Veteran

Before we were owners we were renters. I rented from someone here on the Disboards.
7/77-Fort Wilderness Campground, 10/96-All Star Sports, 6/98-Dixie Landings, 6/99-All Star Movies, 8/01-Port Orleans FQ, 4/04-Pop Century, 10/05-Beach Club Villas, 8/06-Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, 2/07- Saratoga Springs, 9/07- Boardwalk Villas, 2/09 Old Key West, 12/09 Boardwalk Villas,8/11 Bay Lake Tower,8/12 Bay Lake Tower,8/13 Bay Lake Tower
MeDWDDDS DD
jpolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Callas
Mouseketeer

Well, Disney currently has 45% off rake rates for the same accomidations till 6/3/2010. It comes to about $10 a point equivilant after taxes. If you are going before then I would just get the 45% discount or if after then wait to see if they come out with the same discount.

If you want to rent then just post reservations wanted and point cost request.

Well that is what I would do....

Callas
Callas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #13
Ericandjenng
DVC--Bay Lake Tower & Hilton Head Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callas View Post
If you want to rent then just post reservations wanted and point cost request.

Well that is what I would do....

Callas
The mods posted an update earlier this year and "Reservations wanted" threads are no longer allowed. A DVC can post a "Reservation for rent" thread
Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Callas
Mouseketeer

Oh ok... did not look since my last rental. I liked the reservations wanted and will miss it.
Callas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, rental

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: