Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Bad Mothers' Handbook Chapter 13

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Cruiser's Life For Me

Despite being absolutely shattered last night and falling straight to sleep, I was awake pretty early. Since I was up so early, I decided to take advantage of the quiet ship and set off to deliver our next lot of fish extender gifts. I gave the girls a quick knock to let them know I was going and Rea decided to get up and come with me. It didn’t take us very long and we were back in the room by 7.

Surprisingly, Daniel had slept very well without Doggy and took a bit of rousing. Consequently, we got a much later start this morning than we’d expected. We had agreed the night before that we would call Nat and John when we were up and about but, when Nat called to say they were ready, we were far from it still! We agreed to go for breakfast separately and then meet up a little while later. John and Matthew were obviously keen to get some breakfast down them asap

We decided on Parrot Cay and, although it was nice, I ended up eating far too much and felt quite sick at one point. I went back to the room, leaving the others to finish up their breakfast. The younger ones were going to the kids’ clubs since we thought they would be bored in Nassau. We hadn’t booked any excursions and, to be honest, would not have bothered to get off the ship had it not been Nat and John’s first time. We wouldn't bother again!

As it was, we didn’t really do much other than wander around, pick up a few of the free (and pretty crummy) gifts in the stores on the shopping leaflet and have a drink at the Hard Rock Café. We had been trying to find some Frangelica as a gift for my Mum, we tried lots of booze shops to no avail!

We had wanted to visit the Del Sol store but, when we got there, we found it was closed all day for stocktaking. While we stood around trying to figure out what we wanted to do next, quite a few people came up (obviously from our or other cruise ships) and were clearly not happy that it was closed. Many people commented that they had only got off their ship in order to visit the shop. The girls were very disappointed that it was closed.

So, we did the next best thing – headed to the Hard Rock Café for cocktails and beer! Sounds like my kind of plan.

Then we headed back.

We were back on the ship in time for lunch and stopped by guest services to check our onboard accounts. There was a cool carving on the counter for Halloween - I had to take a picture.

Having collected the children from the kids’ clubs, we positioned ourselves by the pool for the afternoon. Nat and John, the sun-worshippers, chose to base themselves on Deck 10 while me, Gary and the girls occupied a table in the shade on Deck 9. I have to say I really enjoyed the chance to have a relax this afternoon. Me and John made full use of our loungers whilst Ellie and Matt played in the pool.

We got some lunch from Pluto’s Dog House – chicken fingers and chips – and spent a very enjoyable afternoon, just chilling out and enjoying the warmth and relaxation. Sian decided she didn’t want proper food since it was so hot so made do with several trips to the soft-serve ice-cream dispenser. It wasn’t long before I’d had enough (I really am not a ‘sitting around doing nothing’ kind of person) and, since I had promised Daniel a trip to the arcade, after a couple of hours, we went back to the stateroom to get changed.

We were delighted to fnd some more gifts in our fish extender - check out this little lot!

Then me, Daniel and Rea went to the arcade for a little while. Later on, we took part in the Trick or Treat trail around the ship. We were a little disappointed that this was taking place today since Halloween was the next day and it made everything seem really rushed again – but we wouldn’t have wanted to cut short our Castaway Cay day to do it (which was probably the rationale behind it).

We had arranged to meet Nat and John at the theatre, to watch Toy Story The Musical, however Rea decided that she really wanted to go to the shop and have a walk around the ship so I said I would go with her instead. Daniel didn’t want to watch the show so, after dropping him at the kids’ club, Rea and I set off to explore the ship and Gary went to meet Nat and John. Sadly there were some technical difficulties with the show and due to us having to get ready for dinner we missed the end

I was really enjoying the fact that we were all getting a chance to do exactly what we wanted to; and the combination of some down-time and the entertainment provided by the kids’ clubs seemed to be doing the boys (and us parents) the world of good – it’s fair to say they (and we) were absolutely loving the cruise.

As we were walking through the atrium, we noticed a line of people and realised that Captain Jack was out for photographs. Neither Rea nor I wanted to miss the opportunity so we ran up the stairs to join the line. We had a real laugh with him and got some great pictures.

Next, we went off to Mickey’s Mates where we had a good look round and Rea bought a pirate bandanna to wear that evening. Sian had caught up with us by now so we decided we would go and get a drink in the Promenade Lounge, before meeting up with the others. Sian decided to have a chocolate milkshake which, on top of the mountains of chocolate ice-cream she’d eaten earlier had the effect of making her feel a bit ill. I persuaded her to come along to dinner anyway, saying she needed some proper food in her tummy and she agreed she would but may leave if she didn’t feel better. Personally, I think the fact that she was a little bit enamoured with the lovely Fernando may have had something to do with her decision to come

We had wanted to get some pictures with the characters tonight, knowing they should be in their Halloween costumes so we fetched the kids from the clubs and headed to the atrium, where we saw Mickey, Minnie and the others got the chance to meet Captain Jack.

We also ran into some of our fellow DIS cruisers so had to take the opportunity for a picture with them.

It was dinner time already (Nat and I reckoned that BT were playing their usual tricks on us and making the time disappear - when we are having our regular phone chats, quite often we've been chatting an hour without even realising it. We always joke that BT is messing with the time!)

Tonight we were eating at Parrot Cay. We were led to our table and Fernando came to take our drinks order. I told him he should speak to Sian in Spanish since she needed the practise and so they had a little private conversation, which could have been about anything since I understood absolutely none of it! I did get a picture of the lovely Fernando though.

We really enjoyed our meal but Sian didn’t feel much better so decided to go back to the room to get some tablets (she also had a headache by then). By the time she returned, the servers were doing their parade around the restaurant and, as she walked back in, Fernando beckoned her to come and do the limbo with him. To her credit, she joined in but I think she was a little embarrassed – especially when she stumbled and Fernando caught hold of her.

Jan had mentioned earlier that he’d been sad that the children had left us so early the previous evening as he hadn’t had much chance to ‘have fun’ with them. He certainly made up for it this evening, though, by creating this wonderful masterpiece purely from ketchup!

He also did little tricks with the kids, using coloured pencils. He was very entertaining and they loved the attention. I thought our servers were fab, they really were helpful and great with the kids.

Our head server, Ali, stopped by the table a little while later. He had briefly introduced himself the previous night (Gary and I had met him on our last cruise as he’d been our head serve then – we weren’t impressed with him on that occasion but that’s a whole other story) and asked us to let him know if there was anything he could do. I had mentioned to Jan that Daniel was disappointed that there were no cheese sticks on the kids’ menu since he really liked them and, while Ali was there, Jan mentioned it to him and he said he would see what he could do.

As per the previous evening, we despatched the children off to the kids’ clubs once the counsellors turned up but we promised we would fetch them earlier tonight as they wanted to attend the Pirates in the Caribbean party.

We finished dinner and went to collect the children, before heading up to Deck 10 for the party. Sian had gone to meet her friends from the teen club but Rea decided to stick with the boring adults tonight. Up on Deck 10, we boogied along to the music and watched the fireworks before deciding to call it a night – we all wanted to be bright and breezy ready for Castaway Cay the next day.

Rea came into our stateroom with us – I think she was a bit reluctant to go back to her own room without Sian – and we spent some time looking through the navigator for the next day before I kicked her out at midnight! Daniel seemed full of beans tonight and insisted on posing for pictures with our towel animals - a monkey from yesterday and tonight's elephant creation.

I was truly amazed by the fireworks tonight, I could have watched them for hours but like Joh said we were anxious to make the most of tomorrow!

Coming soon: The Magic of Castaway Cay
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Ladies, you make a cruise sound very, very appealing. Glad you had another fun day and evening partying. Great pics

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Love the ketchup Mickey.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Love the ketchup Mickey.
so did we not tried to Re-create it yet though

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

I love all the Fish Extender gifts, it's so much fun to take part in the exchange. Another great day girls

mandymouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Fab day love the pics too! I can't wait to go on our first cruise, the fish extender sounds like fun
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Great day with lovely pics!!!

Especially of Fernando....

Nice...........
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

Nice...........

mandymouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

what a lovely day
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

That ketchup Mickey is great. I would love to watch the fireworks from the deck of a cruise ship.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a great day.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #12
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

Nice...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
and you say im the one with "waiter issues"

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #13
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Yes, I thought it was Nat you had to watch out for with the waiters.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #14
fav_is_tink
DIS Veteran

Another fantastic day
fav_is_tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #15
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Another great day looking forward to moreeeeeeeeeeeee.

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: