Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Picture of Comfort Station

Does anyone have any pictures of the comfort stations and the showers in them

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
mnsprk
DIS Veteran

Here is a bunch of Fort pics. Scroll down to the BATH HOUSE

http://allears.net/acc/g_ftw.htm
mnsprk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
des1954
DIS Veteran

Always keep Stall #2 clean, please.
des1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Hey Al,,show them stall # 2 !!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
datgrt@fw
Mouseketeer

Picture of Comfort Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the comfort stations and the showers in them

Hello disneylovin24 ............ I have a few pictures of the Comfort Stations I took back in 2002. The picture quality is not the best but I think you will be able to see how nice the Comfort Stations are. I believe these pictures were from the CS in the 1400 Loop.

Doug / datgrt@fw
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
des1954
DIS Veteran

Doug....you forgot to include....

Stall #2
Old 02-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
datgrt@fw
Mouseketeer

Hello Deb ...... Believe me, I would have been happy to post a picture of the most important area of the CS if I had one. I am glad you were able to provide it! I will have to save a copy of your picture to add it to my collection. Thanks!

I hope things are going well for you!

Doug / datgrt@fw
Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datgrt@fw View Post
Hello Deb ...... Believe me, I would have been happy to post a picture of the most important area of the CS if I had one.
Doug / datgrt@fw
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1954 View Post

Stall #2
Not only is it most important,,it's STALL #2 !!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

What is stall number 2

And, has anyone ever had a problem with the shower's having curtains, I think I'm going to be a bit nervouse that anyone can walk in Or is there a lock on an outside door or something

Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
des1954
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
What is stall number 2

It's a joke my brother, NTSammy5, started a long time ago.

And, has anyone ever had a problem with the shower's having curtains, I think I'm going to be a bit nervouse that anyone can walk in Or is there a lock on an outside door or something
The shower stalls each have a private dressing area with a door that closes and locks. The shower stall has a curtain. They are very private - but I once had a curious little girl crawl underneath the partition into my shower area.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1954 View Post
The shower stalls each have a private dressing area with a door that closes and locks. The shower stall has a curtain. They are very private - but I once had a curious little girl crawl underneath the partition into my shower area.
Ok, that's what I figured but you never know. I would literally scream at the top of my lungs if someone crawled under my stall

Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #12
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

The comfort stations are so nice, and uncrowded, that I would use them instead of the bath in our travel trailer for showering while everyone else was getting ready.

Notice the decorative tiles on the wall in one of the shots? They are the type with scenes painted in them (I think it was birds in the one I went to). While showering one morning I discovered a tree frog trying to hide on one of those decorative tiles - wish I had the camera, but I just can't bring myself to be taking flash pictures in a bathroom. "No really officer, I just plan on posting these photos on the internet for my friends to see" - how do you think that would go????
Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #13
MadFF
Mouseketeer

And yes, the comfort stations are really that clean.

What we did for showers was Dad (myself) and Son used the trailers shower, and Mom and Daughter used the comfort station shower. We guys always seem to take very quick showers so we are fine with the trailer. The girls can take as long a shower as they want in the comfort station, without worrying about running out of hot water.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me if there are family shower rooms. I would never leave my 7yr olds alone while I showered or let them go into the mens room alone to shower. Where we camp there are single shower rooms outside of the men/ladies rooms so I didn't even think about how we are going to shower.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
mamaloya
Blows hard and hot and boils us
I am easily entertained

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFF View Post
And yes, the comfort stations are really that clean.

What we did for showers was Dad (myself) and Son used the trailers shower, and Mom and Daughter used the comfort station shower. We guys always seem to take very quick showers so we are fine with the trailer. The girls can take as long a shower as they want in the comfort station, without worrying about running out of hot water.
We do the opposite. The kids and my dh (now ex) would all go hit the comfort station. I would keep the youngest dd with me and she and I would use the shower in the trailer. I never ran out of hot water. I was able to shower and have breakfast ready by the time they got back and I would finish getting myself ready while they ate. I liked the alone time. (yes I did have one dd with me, but compared to how many I normally have, that was alone. LOL)

When we tent camped, we would all go take showers together. I would bathe the younger girls (the 1yo in the sink that year) and then take them to dh at the tent. He would feed them breakfast while I went back to the comfort station to shower and get ready. THAT was nice alone time. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
Can someone tell me if there are family shower rooms. I would never leave my 7yr olds alone while I showered or let them go into the mens room alone to shower. Where we camp there are single shower rooms outside of the men/ladies rooms so I didn't even think about how we are going to shower.
Wow, that is a tough one. I have been to campgrounds that have the bathrooms that you are talking about. They do not have any like that at FW that I have ever seen or heard of. And, at 7, that is an age where other women would be uncomfortable having them in there. I know most women will walk around in towels after their shower. (don't get any ideas Frank, Jim, and Donnie especially or I will tell disney popo on you) I know you are uncomfortable with them going into the men's alone, but there are 2 of them, there are locks on the stall doors, and you can sit outside while they shower and they can sit on the bench outside the ladies while you shower. 7 is a hard age. Sort of old enough to do that, but sort of not. You would have to use your judgement there.

One other idea is to shower when it is empty. Late mornings it is usually empty and really late at night. Just go in and make sure it is empty. Tell them not to come out of the shower stall until you give them the all clear and check to make sure no one is there when they come out. That is all I can do. Or, if there are women in there, just explain your situation and ask if they mind. I wouldn't mind. I would just make sure to be fully dressed before I came out. It would be a little more inconvenient for me, but I would totally understand your situation and do anything I could to help.

I wish I could be more helpful for you. Good luck!!!
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: