Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #61
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
I called Budget. No minivans available 10/23-10/30, but can get a standard SUV for $302 using this code. I also used coupon code MUWZ023, but $25 off is not reflecting on the reservation. Does this get subtracted at the counter prior to rental or after returning vehicle. Gentleman stated I physically needed the printed coupon. Anyone know where to get this? Thanks.
At Budget you need to enter your coupon online when you book but it will not be deducted until your receipt is printed at return. For what it is worth I have never been asked for the physical coupon and when I offered it I was told that once it is accepted online that is all that is required. I do not know where that coupon is from but perhaps someone else does. Or try Googling the coupon number.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #62
kamanda
Mouseketeer

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/jsp...rchSelect=yes#

If you use the drilldown menu click on weekly, then choose minivan you will see the $25 off link.

Looks like it expires Dec 15, 2010 according to the terms and conditions.
kamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #63
5boyz
DIS Veteran

I have not read the whole thread so if I have repeated what some else said ... sorry.

I just tried this code and it is almost double the price of the code I am using for my Jan/Feb car from Budget...I am using code Y937800 and getting my car for $35. for the day.....this code it is $67. for the day. Just thought I would let anyone who has not rented yet to try this code. I got it from Mousesavers.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #64
bbwhos
Mouseketeer

We used the X474200 this past Wed at MCO, no problems or questions. We return tomorrow so I am awaiting if they will also honor my AARP discount coupon. One note though, the minivan we got has alot of scratches on it so we made sure to get them to note it; on the fun side it also has a DVD player in it. Too bad our grandson isn't with us on this trip.
bbwhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #65
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
I have not read the whole thread so if I have repeated what some else said ... sorry.

I just tried this code and it is almost double the price of the code I am using for my Jan/Feb car from Budget...I am using code Y937800 and getting my car for $35. for the day.....this code it is $67. for the day. Just thought I would let anyone who has not rented yet to try this code. I got it from Mousesavers.

This travelocity code is best for many, if not most ... especially for mini-vans. For my week (actually 8 days) the Y937800 comes out to $680 plus fees for mini-van, X474200 is $220 plus fees.
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #66
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

A word of warning. We had no trouble using the code and coupon at Budget. But we filled up with gas at Disney and even topped it off with multiple clicks. But when we were asked where we filled up we were charged $18 for filling up too far away. I haven't had this happen at Budget before but when we go back in Dec. I guess we will have to exit from 417 to fill up and then continue to the airport. Perhaps they are pushing this issue now or maybe I just got the wrong attendant but thought I would warn others.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #67
bbwhos
Mouseketeer

We always take the back roads, Boggy Creek Rd and top off at the Kangaroo. I will have tomorrow's top off receipt as well as today's fill up receipt with me. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I've heard there is a gas station north of the airport charging different rates for non-
FLA residents. I think our usual Kangaroo was in the $2.76 Area.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #68
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwhos View Post
We always take the back roads, Boggy Creek Rd and top off at the Kangaroo. I will have tomorrow's top off receipt as well as today's fill up receipt with me. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I've heard there is a gas station north of the airport charging different rates for non-
FLA residents. I think our usual Kangaroo was in the $2.76 Area.
Can you tell me where the Kangaroo is? We always take 417 from Disney to the airport. I have never seen a gas station near the Boggy Creek exit.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #69
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
A word of warning. We had no trouble using the code and coupon at Budget. But we filled up with gas at Disney and even topped it off with multiple clicks. But when we were asked where we filled up we were charged $18 for filling up too far away. I haven't had this happen at Budget before but when we go back in Dec. I guess we will have to exit from 417 to fill up and then continue to the airport. Perhaps they are pushing this issue now or maybe I just got the wrong attendant but thought I would warn others.
Well that really stinks. We rented this minivan for my daugther and family, (we'll have our own rental through National/Ex Aisle) but plan to return it to the DtD hotel (doubletree). I'm guessing if she fills up at Hess (DtD), she should be good. She needs the minivan because of the cruise (lots of kids and luggage), but won't need it after we return. I'm still watching National as their rates are starting to drop, but only for pickups on Nov. 1. (We arrive on Oct. 31 -- so trying to think outside the box here.) Thanks for the tip about the gasing up fee.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #70
tkldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Can you tell me where the Kangaroo is? We always take 417 from Disney to the airport. I have never seen a gas station near the Boggy Creek exit.
If you take boggy creek exit and turn right, instead of left to the airport there is a gas station couple miles down the road.
tkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #71
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkldisney View Post
If you take boggy creek exit and turn right, instead of left to the airport there is a gas station couple miles down the road.
That is good info to know. Hopefully their rates are comparable and does not gouge like some stations closer to the airport do.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #72
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkldisney View Post
Thanks! I remember trying a few years ago to find a station by turning right but I guess that I didn't go far enough down the road.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #73
bbwhos
Mouseketeer

We just got back. Kangaroo was $2.77 this morning. We use the back roads to get to it and avoid 417. My DH HATES tolls!

As far as the X474200 code, it worked beautifully. No questions on return and my $40 coupon was accepted without question which brought our van down to $255. Not great but I'm okay with that versus what Alamo/National wanted. They did inspect the van over very good when we dropped off this morning.

So sad to be home ....... cold and a bit rainy.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #74
Cruz91
Always at Disney in my mind...

Another reason I love The Dis!!!

Are you kidding me?!?! I was debating on whether to drive or fly at Christmas. We're gonna be there almost 2 weeks. Flights are really expensive, but I was STUNNED by how much car rental was. The best I could find with the Mousesavers discount codes was $1653 for a MIDSIZE! Are you kidding me?!?! So I came here, found this thread, and... drum roll please... $650 for the same time!!!! Over a $1000 savings!

I too called Budget and they said no need for any coupon or anything. I'm so pumped... Now off to get a better airfare!

THANKS DIS!
WH - Christmas '10 - OUR 10th trip!!
WBC - Spring Break '11, WH/WBC - June '11 (Surprise Trip)
WH - Thanksgiving '11,
AS-Sports - Solo Marathon Weekend '12 - I DID IT!!
WP - March '12
WH- June '12
Paradise Palms- TGiving '12 (also our 15th wedding anniversary)
AS Spo - Jan '13 Solo Marathon (again)
DW DH DD11 DS9
Cruz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #75
bbwhos
Mouseketeer

Great detective work!! You may also want to check the codes on carrentalsavers.com. I found with their codes I got better prices using them through the individual rental car sites not through carrentalsavers.com.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: