Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #136
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

They do have taxis available at Orlando. But with close to 50 dollars one way to Disney...I usually just book a car service to pick me up and then take me back at the end of my trip
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #137
JrZoeLeahMom
Earning My Ears

Confused

We will be cruising nx April leaving from port canaveral and will be taking the train from nyc to orlando -- it will be about ten of us and basically my question is would you rent a van or hire one of those transportation company.

Thanks!
JrZoeLeahMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #138
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

We booked a bedroom car last night for our trip next August. DS and I will be heading to Fort Lauderdale to spend a few days with my sister before driving up to Orlando and meeting up with DH who will be flying in. (We will all fly home). We were able to reserve the bedroom using DH's reward points due to his commute and other travel. (Finally something good comes out of DH being gone so much! )

We will have a couple of big suitcases and a carryon. I assume we will have to check the larger suitcases? I am also assuming there must be enough time for our suitcases to 'get off the train' from whereever they are when we stop? That is my only concern about the train trip. I am actually really looking forward to it, almost as much as seeing the World again!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #139
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
We booked a bedroom car last night for our trip next August. DS and I will be heading to Fort Lauderdale to spend a few days with my sister before driving up to Orlando and meeting up with DH who will be flying in. (We will all fly home). We were able to reserve the bedroom using DH's reward points due to his commute and other travel. (Finally something good comes out of DH being gone so much! )

We will have a couple of big suitcases and a carryon. I assume we will have to check the larger suitcases? I am also assuming there must be enough time for our suitcases to 'get off the train' from whereever they are when we stop? That is my only concern about the train trip. I am actually really looking forward to it, almost as much as seeing the World again!
I've stayed in the Roomettes and there is enough room in there for two large rolling suitcases (in the overhead storage area) and two small carryons. From my experience as long as you can fit the bags in the room they don't give you any problem carrying them on.

Dan
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #140
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
I've stayed in the Roomettes and there is enough room in there for two large rolling suitcases (in the overhead storage area) and two small carryons. From my experience as long as you can fit the bags in the room they don't give you any problem carrying them on.

Dan
Great to know, thank you!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #141
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Talking

Glad to hear you are taking the train! The overhead will only hole smaller bags-unless you are alone in the room and use the top bunk for storage. We could fit a smaller suitcase and a duffle up there and that was it. We checked the big bags and they were waiting for us the second we got off the train in Florida. You will love it!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #142
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrZoeLeahMom View Post
We will be cruising nx April leaving from port canaveral and will be taking the train from nyc to orlando -- it will be about ten of us and basically my question is would you rent a van or hire one of those transportation company.

Thanks!
I would probably look into a rental and split the price. Have a great trip
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #143
DMass
DIS Veteran

Are there less delays if you leave on a weekend as opposed to a weekday?

Last edited by DMass; 11-08-2010 at 12:24 PM.
DMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #144
DMass
DIS Veteran

DMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #145
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

DMass- I am not sure on that one but I think near the start of this thread I had the link for checking recent delay reports. Trains are doing much better at being on time
Old 12-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #146
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Talking

Let's get riding the rails
Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #147
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran

Lisa,
Just wanted to let you know we had a great time on our train trip to WDW! I will create a thread sometime this week with more details and pictures, but I had to let you know we really enjoyed it!
Our train out was delayed by almost two hours, but the train ride itself wasn't bad at all! I would recommend taking a cooler with sandwich stuff-we ate breakfast in the dining car at sunrise and it was okay-we did it for the experience, not the food! The food is very expensive for what you get, but the kids enjoyed the walk between the cars-my DS 5 pretended to be Indiana Jones!
We will definitely take the train again!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #148
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Talking

Glad you had a great trip! I knew you would I can't wait to see pics and a report! I love the comment about your son feeling like Indy!!! We liked going between the cars too!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #149
NJGirl
DIS Veteran

All booked with my Amtrak reward points for the Silver Service in a bedroom for September! So glad we were able to save enough points for a bedroom roundtrip. Now to pass the next 9 months...
NJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #150
lisa-upnorth
Disney Lover

Talking

So glad to hear about your planned trip-and the great deal

...and as the song says "the waiting is the hardest part!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: