Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Tiffanie
Mouseketeer

Ticket Suggestions - 1 day in March & week in early March 2011

Hello everyone! We are going to a family reunion in Orlando at the end of March, and plan on spending one day at Disney. We then have another trip planned for Mardi Gras of 2011, which is the first week of March. Any suggestions on what we should do for tickets? We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids (one infant who won't need a ticket for either trip). Our 2011 trip will probably entail at least 6 days in the parks. Any suggestions? I know one day passes are expensive, and if we go again next year, should we perhaps buy a 8 or 9 day non-expiring pass? We are off-site this trip, but on-site next trip.

Another issue - we always do a package deal with dining/hotel/tickets when we stay on site - should we wait and just do that separately when we book our trip next year, can we do just the hotel and dining plan with no tickets? Help!

THanks in advance for your suggestions!
March 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter; March 2010 - Offsite vacation home; February 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; February 2008 - POP Century (DS#3 1st trip); February 2006- POP Century; November 2003 - Carribean Beach Resort (DS #2 1st trip); November 2001 - Dixie Landings; April 1999 - Dixie Landings (DS 1st trip); March 1995 - All Star Music (honeymoon); February 1993 - Port Orleans; February 1989 - Offsite for Magic Music Days; February 1987 - Offsite for Magic Music Days; June 1985 - Contemporary; numerous previous trips with parents, not sure of dates and lodgings
My first trip 1972

Last edited by Tiffanie; 01-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Tiffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanie View Post
1- Any suggestions? I know one day passes are expensive, and if we go again next year,

2- should we perhaps buy a 8 or 9 day non-expiring pass? We are off-site this trip, but on-site next trip.

Another issue - we always do a package deal with dining/hotel/tickets when we stay on site

3- - should we wait and just do that separately when we book our trip next year,

4- can we do just the hotel and dining plan with no tickets? Help!
1- How about participating in the "Give a Day-Get a Disney Day" volunteer promotion to each earn a one-day park ticket?

2- I doubt that would be a wise thing to do financially.

3- You CAN, but

4- You can't get the dining if you don't book the tickets along with the room.

I'd just buy a package with everything NEXT year and either do the GAD, as I mentioned, or
just bite the bullet and buy 1-day tickets for each of you for this year's visit.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

One non-expiring ticket will cost more than separate expiring tickets in this situation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: