Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
disneydeb
DIS Veteran

Cool has anyone uses wallet sized version of birth certificates?

hi everyone has anyone used the wallet card sized version of birth certificates recently on dcl, are they an acceptable form of he birth certificate or do we need to get the longer forms which have parents names time of birth etc? thanks for any info
disneydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:51 AM   #2
MarkRG
DIS Veteran

Whatever you use better meet everything covered in this thread:Documentation Requirements

Or, you could wind up like this guy: Boarding denied

MonorailGreen.info
Since I stopped counting how many times a long time ago,
here's the first time I went to:
WDW 1976 - DCL 1999 - DLR 1999 - DVC 2000
MarkRG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2002, 10:53 AM   #3
spencertaylor
Earning My Ears

I have used the one issued by the State of Utah, they are laminated WITHOUT a raised seal, and have had NO problem at all, this was done for all 3 cruises we have been on. I did take the fulkl sized ones just in case, but will not next time.
spencertaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:04 AM   #4
MarkRG
DIS Veteran

The cruise lines have tightened things up severely in the last few weeks.. Go read the thread.

MonorailGreen.info
Since I stopped counting how many times a long time ago,
here's the first time I went to:
WDW 1976 - DCL 1999 - DLR 1999 - DVC 2000
MarkRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 03:23 PM   #5
nuke
Life is Good

Just an FYI- Not all states issued OFFICIAL birth certs. with a raised seal. We just received some from Delaware and they did not have a raised seal. My originial BC from Illinois also does not have a raised seal but it is indeed an official birth certificate.
There could be a raised seal, official colored paper, a colored stamp etc. Check with your state to see what is "Official" for them.
nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
Tluvs2talk
I feel like I am in the "Twilight Zone" over the word ******
Please don't split my bathroom

Here in SC, we went to get new birth certificates. Our old ones were the originals. We were given credit card size birth certificates' with a seal on it, but not a raised seal. We asked about it and were told this was the way SC did their birth certificate's. We have been on 5 cruises and have had no problems..
Old 07-28-2002, 08:52 AM   #7
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

We just came back from the Wonder. I brought my wallet size bc from NY as well as the full size just in case. They would not accept my wallet sized one so I was glad I had my full sized one. They didn't have a problem with DD bc which was from Va and didn't have a raised seal.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
Goofy Girl
Mouseketeer

Red face My wallet size has always worked

I have a wallet size card issued by the State of New Hampshire. It is laminated, and is embossed with the state seal. I have been on three cruises (one after 9-11) and have never had a problem.
Not sure where my original is@#$%^

Goofy Girl
Goofy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:43 AM   #9
disneydeb
DIS Veteran

Cool

ok mrs scooby, now i'm really upset, the town hall where my dd friend got the wallet sized one said that was an official document since they had the raised seal, then still being worried i called dcl and the person i spoke with said the wallet ones were fine as long as they were official documents from your state and had raised seal, now you szay wonder wouldn't let you use them, did they givce you a reason, did it have a raised seal? now im worried again, the town hall even though i have my dd friends wallet sized one wouldnt let me pick up a long form one because i wasnt a parent and this kid is 20 yrs old, did you check into resort with bc first or had you gone right to ship?
disneydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #10
disneybets
Earning My Ears

I sent away for my birthcertificate and received two with raised seals. One is wallet sized. I was wondering the same thing,is it this will be acceptable? It would be so much more convenient.
disneybets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #11
Goofy Girl
Mouseketeer

Question Question for MRSSCOOBY

Just for clarification, Mrs Sccoby,

Was your wallet size issued by the state of birth?

Goofy Girl
Goofy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #12
kshabare
Forced to Work to Pay the Mortgage!! but ocassionally aboard DCL!

yep, they will

disneydeb,

DD17 was born in Hartford, CT and we received a wallet-sized one when we got hers a couple of years ago. We've been on 2 DCL trips and neither time did we have a problem. We have it in a little plastic pouch and the raised seal is clearly visable.

Kim šOš

"Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter." --Walt Disney

CBR & Magic 2/14/2000 ** Magic 2/9/2002 ** Magic 2/1/2003 Western ** Old Key West 12/22-12/27/2003 ** Magic-Western 2/26/2005 **Magic-Western 2/25/2006 ** Magic-Eastern 03/03/2007 ** BCV, Magic-Eastern 03/01/2008
kshabare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 05:12 PM   #13
hydster
Self Proclaimed "Dis Board Crackpot"
I'm pissed off at my tree fiasco
Now my whole family calls me whiz

Have cruised twice since 9-11

and have the State Issued Credit Card sized birth certificate and havent had any trouble on either cruise or using them at the airport as ID. It is laminated in Plastic and therefore impossible for it to have a raised seal. Both cruises I specifically asked about it and was told that most generally the people checking people in know what states do and dont have the wallet type birth certificates. Utah is one who is fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) where you can get the credit card sized one that is laminated. I take the telephone number for the Vital Statistic office with me so I can call them in case of a problem but if you are truly worried about it get a passport. They are a sure thing for everyone! I need to get a new one since mine has expired and has been expired for 11 years now and I think I might just suck up the money and get one but I dont understand how the cruise lines can deny you boarding if you for sure have a state issued birth certificate.
This was copied directly from the Disneycruise website!

What documentation do I need to bring?
All U.S. and Canadian citizens must travel with proof of citizenship, which is a valid passport, or certified birth certificate with a picture identification, or a certified naturalization certificate with a picture identification. Acceptable forms of picture identification are state or provincial driver's license with a picture, or federal, state, province, or local government photo I.D. card. Children 17 and under who are U.S. or Canadian citizens are only required to have proof of citizenship, excluding picture identification.

All Guests who are non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States will be required to travel with their Alien Registration Card (Green Card) and valid passports. All other Guests must have valid passports and necessary visas at time of embarkation. Travel documents required throughout the vacation are the responsibility of the Guest. Please consult with your travel agent, government agencies, embassies, or consulates to determine documentary requirements.

Any Guest traveling without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of cruise fare will be issued.

For all non-U.S. citizens, including Canadian citizens, travel documents will be collected at check-in by a Disney Cruise Line representative and a passport/Alien Resident Card receipt will be issued for presentation to Immigration Inspectors upon return to Port Canaveral.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/di...cumentationFAQ

If you will notice it does NOT state RAISED seal anymore!
Heidi
hydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:11 PM   #14
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Ok, here is what I'm thinking. The lady at the desk where I checked in at the DCL terminal barely glanced at the wallet sized bc that I showed her. I also was asking her would she accept it and maybe she would have if it was all I had and she was forced to look at it closer. It was issued by NY State and was laminated. It was also still attached to the card it was mailed with stating that it was a valuable certified document. Since I had a "regular" certified copy I didn't press the matter. I'm now wishing I had. I was more concerned at the time that they wouldn't accept my DD bc which was from Va and didn't have a raised seal. They accepted her bc no problem.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was mistaken about the wallet sized bc and that it was fine. Like I said she barely looked at it. She seemed rather "stressed" at the time even though it was early and there wasn't a line yet.
I'll probably get passports next time just to avoid my stress.
Laurie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: