Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #61
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I also had already donated before this thread started, but when seeing what the OP had done to get people to donate I decided to help out and donate again.

Who cares why people are donating as long as they are and if a hidden Mickey makes them give then who cares as long as Haiti gets the money they need

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #62
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent1CB View Post
I think I'm not understanding the purpose.

I gave to 2 charities for Haiti long before this thread because I wanted to & felt compelled to do so.

So this thread is getting people to donate that hadn't already felt the need to do so just so they can see a Hidden Mickey and put an icon in their signatures?

That's all very nice, but I don't need my name on a list or an icon to be proud that I donated. And I don't need to donate to see the Hidden Mickey. I donated to help the people in Haiti.

Please tell me what I'm missing.
I donated prior to the post, too, but decided to donate again. Not to see the hidden mickey (though it's cool), and not for the signature badge (don't even use it), but because it just gave me an extra nudge to donate some more.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #63
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

I agree, whatever gets the money they need. It's kind of like when my kids go to VBS. They give a little all week but the last day they always give more to see the big surprise at the end. Their favorite year was when they had a volano explode when they reached their goal. They give because it is a good cause, but still enjoy the surprise at the end of the week for giving.

We gave already, but seeing this and yes, feeling a part of this Hidden Mickey, made me give a little more.

I don't think they care how they get help, just that they get it.

Slippy, hope this helps to BUMP this thread.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #64
Slippy
Hidden Mickey for Haiti

Goal not just exceeded, but NEARLY DOUBLED

I have been "AWOL" from the forums for many days now, but just updated all the recent donations.

As of this writing, $1955 has been raised! As I said to someone yesterday, this is not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but it surely will make a huge affect to the people whose lives are saved, or whose suffering is eased. No bones about it, $2000 can do a lot of good when people are lacking the very basics.

I'm proud of all you folks who have helped out! My question to all of you now: What is next? How should this be continued, reprised, or put to rest?

Thanks for all of the support,

Slippy
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #65
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

This isn't a donation to be counted towards our total, but I just wanted to share this with all of you!

Last night, my college (West Virginia University's College of Creative Arts) held a show called "ArtsGive." We put on a free show with music, dance, theatre, art, and puppetry. Throughout the night we asked for donations to the American Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, and one other charity (forgive me, I can't remember it right now...) to help support those in Haiti. We also auctioned off art and old show posters. We raised over $2000 to send to these organizations. It was such a great experience and I am so proud of how well it went- Just wanted to let you all in on the awesome feelings I'm having right now!

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #66
jennz
DIS Veteran

Bella what a fun experience! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #67
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Is this still going on? Is it too late to get on board?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #68
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
I have been "AWOL" from the forums for many days now, but just updated all the recent donations.

As of this writing, $1955 has been raised! As I said to someone yesterday, this is not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but it surely will make a huge affect to the people whose lives are saved, or whose suffering is eased. No bones about it, $2000 can do a lot of good when people are lacking the very basics.

I'm proud of all you folks who have helped out! My question to all of you now: What is next? How should this be continued, reprised, or put to rest?

Thanks for all of the support,

Slippy
Scott, I don't think you should stop. I think this idea was "put" on your heart for a greater purpose. You can continue to do this with other charities as well, once Haiti is in a better place again. Like maybe St. Jude's? Gosh, there are a lot of organizations out there that could use everyone's help. Wish I had seen this thread before.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #69
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I agree that it should not be put to rest. Maybe we can triple the goal

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #70
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Maybe with the earthquake in Chile more people will donate or will again.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #71
derncare
Mouseketeer

I've already donated 3 times via texting on my phone but I'm gonna donate another $10 because I am curious about this Hidden Mickey!

Wife to Derek
Mommy to David, 10
Mommy to Katey, 6
Living the Suburbian Life around Houston, Texas
derncare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #72
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

hello from the uk
i would just love to say that we donated to medecins sans frontiers, and all 3 of my kids did fab stuff at school to raise money, as a school teacher we had a hat for haiti day...
i have not donated (yet) to the new fund raising efforts for peru, and wondered if you would exchange the hidden mickey info for proof of a donation for peru...from a brit??
would you like me to post a link to this thread on the UK boards?
thanks
Tracy
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #73
Slippy
Hidden Mickey for Haiti

Hidden Mickey for Haiti revealed... Thanks, all, for supporting this idea!

Well, I think that it is time to share the location of the Hidden Mickey for Haiti to others. I hope that, in some small way, this idea has inspired some of you to come up with creative ways that you can use your resources to help make positive change in the world.

With the help of dozens of people, over $2000 was raised for Haiti earthquake victims. Not too shabby! Plus, this was kinda fun for all involved, I think.

The Hidden Mickey for Haiti was created in the lobby of the Coronado Springs Resort. In this picture, the artist's bucket is just on the other side of it. (For orientation, registration is to your LEFT, the main entrance is straight ahead).

The decorative plastering of this fountain was repaired. The artist subtly rendered Mickey in the faux stonework:

So there you have it! Unfortunately my pictures don't really do it justice. You'll just have to make a pilgrimage to Disney now to see it for yourself

With sincere thanks for the support,

Scott Taylor
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: