Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
gogo
DIS Veteran

Returned from Beach Club yesterday/review

Just returned from the Beach Club yesterday. My son and I were there for four days and four nights. We booked a club room/garden view. Also, we had deluxe dining. I knew that this was going to be a lot of food but I wanted to try a couple of signature restaurants so I booked this package. Plus, we had a 40 or 45% code for the club floor. Onto the review:

Overall, we had a really great time but I'll break down the review into positive, okay and negative.

Positive: The Beach Club resort is really lovely. We stayed at the Yacht club quite a while back, so I knew what to expect as far as location and the pool. We were immediately greeted by Teena when we entered the lobby. I saw her name tag and remembered her from others on the Dis. I did not mention that I have read her posts, though. She was extremely friendly and happily chatted with us. I asked a few questions and she was very pleasant. I told her we were staying on the club floor and she immediately got someone to help us up to the club floor. So, we had a great first impression of the BC

We arrived at approx. 11:00 a.m. and our room was ready. I booked a standard view club level. When entering the room, I was happy at the pretty decor. The beds were extremely comfortable and the entire room was tastefully decorated. I really enjoy a balcony and a view is important but I did not want to keep adding to the cost of the package, so I booked standard view. At first glance I was a little disappointed with the view. It overlooked the front of the hotel where guests arrive and the bus stop and when standing on the balcony the roof below was hard to miss. But, if you sat, the roof wasn't too noticeable and I had a nice view of Spaceship Earth at Epcot. At first I didn't notice Spaceship Earth cause I was looking at the roof but eventually I saw Spaceship Earth and I thought that was pretty cool for a standard view room. So the balcony was a plus.

The pool was also really nice. I won't go into detail because everyone pretty much knows about SAB.

The ping pong tables outside of the pool area were a lot of fun. When my son and I travel we love to play. So, this was great.

Beaches and Cream was great. We only had ice cream and not a full lunch. I had the brownie ala mode which was good and my son had the No Way Jose with a brownie added. He loved this. I had a bite and it was pretty awesome. We had a fantastic waitress, which made the experience very pleasant. This is a must try if staying in the area.

Also, the walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk area are a good reason to stay in this location. The overall look of the Beach Club is very pretty and relaxing. This is a lovely hotel and location and I would certainly enjoy staying here again.

Okay:

I was so disappointed in the size of the Club lounge. It was very small. I only ate inside twice and the rest of the times, I took beverages and food back to my room. I think I counted six tables, plus a couch a couple of comfy looking chairs and a children's area. The food area was a tiny U shaped area. People were bumping into each other trying to get food and drinks. There was a small balcony but a huge tree blocked most of the view although I don't think there was really much of a view to block. And, the balcony was narrow, I think there was 2 chairs and a small table. Plus, it was too cold to sit there in the morning.

Also, I was sort of surprised to see so many of the children in pajamas and barefoot. I can understand small children, but some of the kids were at least 8 to 10 years old. I did see a couple of women in what appeared to be sleepwear but they at least had on flip flops.

The food that was there was good but there really was not much variety. The frig. stocked with pop and beer was nice, though. I'm sure a lot of people will have more positive opinions of the BC club floor, but this is just my opinion. I'm happy I tried it, but I won't pay extra to stay club level at the BC again. I would, however, like to try Grand Floridian CL.

Cape May breakfast was just okay in my opinion. I think there were only three characters and the food was mediocre at best. The hash brown potatoes and the sausage were very bitter. We ate here last year and the food seemed better.

The only negative that comes to mind is one night on our way back to the room a room service guy, pushing a metal cart with choco. mickeys, strawberries and champagne almost knocked us over. Granted, I was walking on the wrong side of the hallway but when we both rounded the corner at the same time, I was lucky to move out of his way. I apologized and he gave me a pretty nasty stare and kept on flying down the hall. If there would have been a child there, I think he would have certainly knocked them over. A few minutes later, I saw him again and he just stared. Kind of creepy. All other employees we encountered were pleasant.

We didn't experience everything the BC has to offer but overall, I was very happy with our stay.

Any questions, I'll try to answer.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Beachbumpirates
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a great trip. We stayed CL at the BC last Easter and I do not recall a frig. We will be back in April and would love to be able to grab a diet coke or beer whenever. Was this available/open all the time? Thanks.
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great, detailed review. We stayed CL at the BC last summer, and I agree that the lounge is a bit small, but we did like the food that was served there. I had heard they were enlarging it this fall, but I guess it's still small. We really enjoyed the BC.

We also stayed CL at the GF that trip, and the lounge in the main building is very large, open, and airy (just for your future reference ).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

We too stayed at the Beach Club this past June and had a terrific time.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #5
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Thanks for the review!

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: