Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #31
Eshlyn
Mouseketeer

I think we'll be on the same cruise as you, Wonder May 30th-June 4th Double Dip. Enjoying your PTR (you're to do list is longer than mine) Look forward to meeting the two of you.
Eshlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
Fellow Passholder
Earning My Ears

A clever way to save some $$ is if you can find another couple to split the cost of the room at the Comfort Inn. They will let you get up to 4 wristbands per room. Have a great trip!
Fellow Passholder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #33
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Yeah for booking the cruise. Sounds like your plans are really coming together.
Thank you Now it feels real and WAY too far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser83 View Post
Great report so far! I would have gone for the verandah, too. Great choice! For Atlantis what you can do is, rent a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites. It is less expensive than the Disney excursion, and you get full access to the waterpark, aquarium, beaches, etc. There is more information under the FAQ sticky on the main page. Just scroll down to excursions; Nassau. I think you asked before what time the Disney busses get to port... it's around 1PM. You will get there and pretty much walk right on the ship!
Thank you so much for the advice about booking at Comfort Inn. I checked and right now the rates are a little high, but I will keep checking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshlyn View Post
I think we'll be on the same cruise as you, Wonder May 30th-June 4th Double Dip. Enjoying your PTR (you're to do list is longer than mine) Look forward to meeting the two of you.
I just realized I never actually posted the dates of our cruise But, yes, we will be on the same cruise as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellow Passholder View Post
A clever way to save some $$ is if you can find another couple to split the cost of the room at the Comfort Inn. They will let you get up to 4 wristbands per room. Have a great trip!
Excellent recommendation, thank you
ariel1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #34
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Ch Ch Ch Changes.....

Well, not really anything to follow-up on as far as the Mickey Boat To Do list. Trust me, I tried really hard to buy the Passporter, but absolutely nobody has it in stock. Even online it's backordered for 4-6 weeks and I'm too impatient to wait that long. I did go to the passporter website and found some free sample pages, which of course only made me want the book more

Oh, and got some great news about our room after the cruise. I was on the resorts board getting myself excited about our 2 hotels for this trip and saw the most magical sentence ever. While going through reading posts I saw that someone had posted that Disney extended it's percentage off deal for room only reservations. I immediately went to the Disney website and saw that this is true. I must say though, Disney was a little sneaky with this, only putting one small link to the extended discounts So big thanks to the person who posted this, otherwise, I'm not sure if I would have seen it! We still haven't booked the room yet, but when we do it will save us $75

Other than that, no updates on the "to do" list.

We have also made some changes at the start of our trip since we added an extra day. We are still staying at the Beach Club and we still are not going to add the Club Level, although I am crossing my fingers for an upgrade However, we now need "plans" for the new first day.

The flight we are planning on taking doesn't arrive until early evening so the only thing we needed to decide was on dinner plans. After talking it over we made a reservation at 'Ohanas.

We wanted to eat here on our last two trips, but couldn't ever get a reservation. I was positive that we wouldn't have any luck on this trip either since the ADRs went back to 180 days. But, when I logged on to check there was a reservation available for 9:45 I know that seems kinda late, but that's only 7:45 here at home. Plus, since we aren't arriving until the evening, I didn't want a reservation that was too early anyway. I didn't want us to feel like we had to rush to get ready and lose the "relaxation" feeling this vacation is meant for. Plus, we want to head over to the Polynesian early to roam around. We have begun to fall in love with the resort and don't mind spending some time there. The plan is to roam the grounds for a little while

and then grab a spot on the beach to watch Wishes that night. We thought it would super romantic and a great way to start the vacation. Plus, it works out perfect, Wishes is scheduled to start at 9:00 and then we can go check in for our reservation afterwards. Oh, I also want to go to the Tambu Lounge and get a Lapu Lapu. I am also going to try to get Candi to order a backscratcher because I heard they actually put a back scratcher in the drink and we have an inside joke about them

After dinner I am sure we will go back to the room and get a good night's rest. We have the Cape May breakfast scheduled for 10:00, but we aren't setting the alarm clock. If we wake up then we wake up and if we don't then we don't

For the rest of (what is now) day two we are planning on spending a chunk of the day at Stormalong Bay

I'm sure we will rent some rafts and float along the lazy river - Anybody know how much it cost to rent the rafts? - as well as hit the slide about a zillion times!!! Whenever we get hungry we will go in and clean up and grab a meal at Beachs & Cream Somewhere in the middle I'm sure we will take a nap and then we want to go over to the Boardwalk and roam around before dinner. Dinner that night is still at Fulton's and we will either grab a create your own treat at Goofys for dessert or head over to the Boardwalk bakery for dessert. That night I'm sure it will be super hard to sleep because the next day we leave for our cruise
Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #35
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Just found your PTR and loving it!

I just want to say that you do not sound like an ungrateful brat, you know why? Because you are taking a shot at a 2nd chance and I love that.

Sounds great so far!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #36
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

I don't think the passporter comes out until April, so you may have to wait a little more for it.
I love your plans so far, I have always wanted to both eat at O'hanas, and stay at the Beach Club, so I can't wait to read your reports!
I hope things are going well for you.

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

just love love your PTR
I'm hook and look forward to the rest of your PTR & TR
DL Paris 1trip
1 visit Aulani
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #38
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Just found your PTR and loving it!

I just want to say that you do not sound like an ungrateful brat, you know why? Because you are taking a shot at a 2nd chance and I love that.

Sounds great so far!
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser83 View Post
I don't think the passporter comes out until April, so you may have to wait a little more for it.
I love your plans so far, I have always wanted to both eat at O'hanas, and stay at the Beach Club, so I can't wait to read your reports!
I hope things are going well for you.
April???? This does not work for an over obsessive planner like myself Hmmm...maybe I'll check out the library for last years edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
just love love your PTR
I'm hook and look forward to the rest of your PTR & TR
Thank you very much!!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #39
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Small Updates

Not a whole lot to report on but there is one very important announcement

WE ARE DOING THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE ONLY 95 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

There are also some small changes to the Mickey Boat To Do List ......

2. Book our night at Beach Club
5. Find out what time the Cruise bus will pick us up
6. Make our budget
7. Put the rest of the money in savings
8. Book flight to Orlando
9. Book flight home
11. Buy Passporters Disney Cruise book
12. Make packing list <-- yep, I am so sick that I put "make a list" on my "to do list"
13. Get swimsuit ready AKA lose weight (Candi goal: 30 pounds; Shanz goal: 15 pounds)
14. Start back up on Weight Watchers!!
15. Candi - get time off request approved <-- minor detail right
18. Give A Day, Get A Day volunteer opportunity <-- park ticket for day AFTER cruise
19. Get answers to all my cruise questions <-- that's where ya'll can help me out
20. Change name on passport (haven't done it since we got married )
21. SHOPPING - after we meet goal weight, or come as close as possible
22. Buy Disney gift cards in the amount of our excursions <-- foolproof way that we will definitely have that money - no chance of money drama this time!!
23. Book excursions
24. Book Palo reservations <-- hoping for dinner and brunch
25. Make Magnets for stateroom door
26. Book room at CSR for after the cruise
27. Book cruise bus to and from hotels
28. Order bottled water package

As always, the highlighted ones mean there is some progress Let's have a little look ...

13. Get swimsuit ready AKA lose weight (Candi goal: 30 pounds; Shanz goal: 15 pounds) - I am proud to say that I have now lost 6 pounds and Candi is down 12!!!!

14. Start back up on Weight Watchers!! - This has been an ongoing battle. We have both been sick and it's been hard to get back on track since we started feeling better. Anybody else snack like crazy after they have been sick. No? Guess that's just me

18. Give A Day, Get A Day volunteer opportunity <-- park ticket for day AFTER cruise - We participated in our volunteer even this past weekend. I have to say it felt really good to do something to give back to the community. We volunteered with the American Lung Association; it was called "Climb for Air" and participants raced up 19 flights of stairs to raise money for the association. We got to be "cheerleaders" for the racers and hand out bottles of water when they reached the top. We have since convinced the company we work for to be participants in next years race

28. Order bottled water package - Candi is super picky about his water and will only drink it if it's bottled/purifed

Welp, I guess that's really it right now. We only have one more week until we can book Palo and our excursions

Magical Memory of the Day:

Uh-oh .... Candi has competition
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #40
Ryan & Maddie's mom
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks for sharing your info....never been on a cruise we are going in November......loved your tips
Ryan & Maddie's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer

ariel 1025

I think that I have some answers for a few of your questions. When we stay at the Beach Club, we are picked up around 12:15, so we spend the morning at Epcot and then walk back to the Beach Club to be picked up for our cruise. There are blown glass Christmas Disney orniments on the ships, one is the ship itself, which is nice for the Captains signing. One has Mickey's face poping out of a life preserver, and there are a few others that I can't remember. Sorry, I don't know how much the rafts are to rent for Stormalong Bay. I hope you have a great vacation.
disneycruisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #42
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan & Maddie's mom View Post
Thanks for sharing your info....never been on a cruise we are going in November......loved your tips
Oh, how exciting! Which cruise itinerary are you sailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruisegal View Post
I think that I have some answers for a few of your questions. When we stay at the Beach Club, we are picked up around 12:15, so we spend the morning at Epcot and then walk back to the Beach Club to be picked up for our cruise. There are blown glass Christmas Disney orniments on the ships, one is the ship itself, which is nice for the Captains signing. One has Mickey's face poping out of a life preserver, and there are a few others that I can't remember. Sorry, I don't know how much the rafts are to rent for Stormalong Bay. I hope you have a great vacation.
Thank you so much for your help I'm glad to hear that we will be (most likely) be getting picked up in the afternoon. This definitely falls right into our plans of "rest & relaxation" Also, thank you for the information on the ornaments. I will definitely wait to visit the downtown Christmas store so I can wait and see what I find on the cruise!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #43
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Seeing About Sea Day .....

Unfortunately there aren't any updates on the "to do" list. We do get to make our Palo & Excursion reservations on Monday so I am very (im)patiently waiting to do that

Since I haven't accomplished any other tasks let's go back to looking at daily plan possibilities

Our next cruise day will be a first for us .... it will be a sea day. We are both very excited to see how much we like this. When we started looking into booking a cruise we couldn't decide if we want a regular Bahama itinerary with a daily stop or one with a sea day. Our last cruise was also a double dip at Castaway Cay but it did not include a sea day so we decided to give it a try!

To be honest, we don't really know what to expect for this day. I have pulled previous navigators that are posted around the web to give us an idea. First and foremost we know we most definitely want to do the Palo brunch!! I'm super nervous about this though because it looks like they only offer this on sea days and they appear to be extremely popular reservations to get. We only have the one sea day so I'm nervous we won't be able to get a reservation We would love to be able to sleep in on this day, but I will take whatever time slot is available - even if that means waking up early

Some other things that are consistently on the sea day navigators we found that sound enjoyable to us are:

* Cooking demonstration
* Animation class
* Art auction
* Margarita tasting
* Wine tasting
* Martini tasting

Some other things that we will probably think about dong are the normal things we are looking at each evening (movie, bingo etc). This day also sounds like a great day to do lunch on our verandah while enjoying the ocean views!

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for a sea day?

Guess that's all for now ....

Magical Memory of the Day:

Myself, Candi and his parents (we are the four on the left side, middle row). My mother-in-law was so nervous to ride Tower of Terror that right before the drop she goes "I'm so scared my feet are sweating" It was one of the funniest moments of the trip and we all still laugh about it now.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

I LOVE sea days! DH and I are taking the EB TA and it has six in a row, I can't wait! I am not sure if all those tastings will be offered on just the one sea day, but you should be able to book at least one or two. I would not worry about Palo brunch at all. Even if you don't get it online, DCL holds about half back for people to book when they get onboard. You shouldn't have a problem.
DH and I really love the spa on sea days. It can really break the bank if you are not careful, but I would at least recommend the rainforest room or exotic rassul!
Good luck with the weight watchers, you are off to a great start!

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #45
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer

Sea days!

My DH and I love sea days too! You can sleep in, or its nice to have room service deliver breakfast and coffee to your room and enjoy it on your verandah. We've done the wine tasting twice before, we enjoy it. As the last post stated, the spa is always nice, maybe a couples massage, if your hubby is in to that...mine is not. Or, it's always nice to just go up to the Quite Cove Cafe and enjoy a coffee or cocktail in the cushy chairs just outside the cafe, or dangle your feet in the adults only pool. I can't wait for my Med. cruise in May!!
disneycruisegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: