Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Teachers: Maternity leave letters to parents?

I am about to take time off due to maternity leave and am in need of a letter to send home to my student's parents informing them of my leave, and who my replacement is. Does anyone happen to have a sample letter that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks!

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Would love to see it myself. Both myself and my co-teacher will be out next school year.

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
RangerPooh

I've been searching online and nothing really seems to work. I'm hoping that someone has one that they can share.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

At my former district, the principal wrote the letter. It basically stated that Teacher A will be going on a medical leave (never said pregnancy) and his/her expected return date will be _____________

Teacher B has been hired as a replacement during this interim period. Teacher B's qualifications and experience were then stated.

Then a quick closing paragraph states something like we appreciate Teacher B coming in to help us fullfill the educational goals at ________(school name) If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Principal

Then after Teacher B starts, she writes her own introduction letter .
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
MM27
DIS Veteran

My teaching partner went out last year in March and the principal was the one that sent out the letter. As stated above, it mentioned when she was leaving, who was taking over and that any questions/concerns should be directed to him.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

DS7's teacher had a baby last school year. She wrote a note to each parent letting them know that her & her family were expecting the birth of their baby boy & she will be out of work from this date until this date to help prepare her family (she had a daughter who was 2) & get ready for the birth and to recooperate after the birth. She told us who the teacher would be while she would be out. Very nicely worded letter home & she was just an amazing teacher, our babies are only a month or so apart in age. She sent home a present for my DD & my DS sent her a present for her DS.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
RangerPooh

This is what I have come up with. Does it sound ok?

Dear Parents,
I hope that everyone has started the New Year off well. Some of you may not be aware that I am pregnant and am about to take a few weeks off for maternity leave. My intentions are to work until February 10th, at which point a substitute will take over for me. I plan to return in mid March, barring any complications.

In my absence Mrs. M will be working with your children. She has substitute taught for me on a few occasions this school year and has come highly recommended by Mrs. G. Prior to my absence, Mrs. M will be in the classroom getting to know the students and what their specific goals and objectives are. I am confident that she will do a wonderful job while I am away, and if she has any questions she has Mrs. G, Ms. C, and Ms. L at hand to help as needed.

During my absence I plan to check my email regularly, if you have any questions you can contact me at ------. You can also contact Mrs. G as she is very knowledgeable about your children and their specific needs.

Thank you so much for your support.

I teach special education in an inclusive classroom so there will still be another teacher and 2 aids in the classroom while I am out.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
This is what I have come up with. Does it sound ok?

Dear Parents,
I hope that everyone has started the New Year off well. Some of you may not be aware that I am pregnant and am about to take a few weeks off for maternity leave. My intentions are to work until February 10th, at which point a substitute will take over for me. I plan to return in mid March, barring any complications.

In my absence Mrs. M will be working with your children. She has substitute taught for me on a few occasions this school year and has come highly recommended by Mrs. G. Prior to my absence, Mrs. M will be in the classroom getting to know the students and what their specific goals and objectives are. I am confident that she will do a wonderful job while I am away, and if she has any questions she has Mrs. G, Ms. C, and Ms. L at hand to help as needed.

During my absence I plan to check my email regularly, if you have any questions you can contact me at ------. You can also contact Mrs. G as she is very knowledgeable about your children and their specific needs.

Thank you so much for your support.

I teach special education in an inclusive classroom so there will still be another teacher and 2 aids in the classroom while I am out.
That sounds great! Congrats on the new arrival!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: