Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

The Best New Year's Eve Ever ~ Part Two ~ Day Ten

Castmembers

Mandy (me), Paul (hubby) & Becky (DD16)

Tuesday 5th January '10 ~ High 47F ~ Sunny and ccccold

Once again, Becky the lazy mare had a lie in, so Paul & I headed to DHS for normal opening

We started off at RockNRollerCoaster, then rode Tower of Terror. We had a cake at Starring Rolls, which we had to munch down quickly as it was far too cold to sit outside

We needed to warm up, so we joined the 25 minutes wait for Toy Story Mania (which only turned out to be 15 mins). Next we went for a cuppa at the Writer's Stop, and then we headed back to the Pop to pick lazy bones up

We went to the Florida Mall first, and I bought some Yankee Candles, then we went to the Ponderosa on I-Drive for lunch and we all had steak (Mmm). After a wander around Bargain World we went back to the Pop and I did some washing

Now it's my birthday tomorrow, and from the first few days that we were there, I had said that I would like a Mickey head balloon, a Minnie necklace (similar to my Mickey one) and a Jim Shore Mickey statue where he is holding balloons. During the first week we saw the necklace and ornament everywhere. But as it got nearer to my birthday, we just couldn't find either of them in the shops

Well this afternoon we went to DTD, and Paul started to panic when he realised that he hadn't bought the necklace for me, so we popped to the Arribas Bros shop there, but there was none left.

We popped to T-Rex for a cocktail while we planned our next move. After a bottle of Heineken for Paul, and two Cosmo Paleo Cotton-Tinis for me, we dashed back to the Pop, picked Bek up and jumped on the bus to the Magic Kingdom to get me my balloon. While there we looked in the shops on Main Street USA for the necklace and ornament, but as they weren't there, we hopped on the Monorail to Epcot

First stop was a drink and cake in The Land, then we walked (quickly due to the cold) over to Germany to see if the necklace was in the shop there. While in Germany we had a quick wine (well it would've been rude not to ) and of course the necklace was sold out there too

After grabbing a quick drink in the Rose & Crown, we left as IllumiNations was starting and we wanted to miss the crowds

Once back at the Pop we checked that Petal's was open, but sadly it wasn't, so we turned in ~ roll on tomorrow, it's my birthday

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

I still can't believe your wearing gloves Mandy
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Bit of a cliffhanger there Mandy! I hope you managed to find the necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
I still can't believe your wearing gloves Mandy
I know, me neither!!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Another great day, your pics are so clear.

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Bit of a cliffhanger there Mandy! I hope you managed to find the necklace.
Sadly we didn't find the necklace, but it makes a great excuse to go back

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
kellie37
Mouseketeer

great day

shame you couldnt find the necklace
kellie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Any excuse to go back Mrs! Great day, love the balloon

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Shame about the necklace Mandy tho it is a good excuse to go back
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Shame about the necklace Mandy.

And shame about the weather, looking forward to your birthday report.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I want a balloon!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #11
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

They have a great system at WDW where if you can't find the item in the shop you are in they can ring somewhere that will tell you if it is any of their other shops. DW did this for a Tigger jacket she was looking for in a particular size I know it's a bit late now - but might help next time.

And what's with DD. You take her half way across the world, to the most magical place there is and she spends most of her time in bed or on the PC talking to people back home that she spends 350 days of the year with.
Teenagers. Will we ever understand them
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #12
fav_is_tink
DIS Veteran

Oh I want a balloon too, maybe get one for my 40th when I'm there, fingers crossed!

Another lovely day, shame Petals still closed though.
fav_is_tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Lovely day. Shame you didn't manage to get your necklace

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Lovely gloves mate, i have some of those

shame you didn't find the necklace though, im sure you will go back !

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #15
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

Love the ToT lobby photo.

I'm beginning to realise that you're challenging T&T for the DIS shopoholics crown.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: