Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Nowit's time to say goodbye

Up for breakfast at 7:30 am. Storyteller's has a character buffet for breakfast but you can also order off the menu. Buffet for us.


Our waiter was very good and brought us some Mikey waffles...they were delish


The characters didn't seem to be coming around to our table...Hey we want character interaction too! I gave my server a nudge (stopped short of saying I'm not leaving until the furry guys come by )






Boy was I glad I had requested the van to pick us up 3 1/2 hours early. The trip to LAX was uneventful. Once we got there - YIKES. We waited in line more than an hour to drop off our bags then had to go outside again to line up for security. Not so fun when there isn't a Disney ride at the end of a long wait.


Hope you enjoyed our Christmas trip to Disney Land. It was fun reliving the adventure.

Next up: WDW at Christmas.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #47
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

So glad you came back and finished! You got a lot of great family pictures. I especially liked the one with Santa Goofy.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #48
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
So glad you came back and finished! You got a lot of great family pictures. I especially liked the one with Santa Goofy.
Me too Thanks for reading along. I was glad to finish my Christmas report before Memorial Day
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #49
Canadian Traveler
Every trip to Disneyland is like the first time!
 
Canadian Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 87

Thumbs up

Wow!! your pictures are amazing!!! We are going this year Dec 20-27th !!

First time being away at Christmas!!
Canadian Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #50
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Traveler View Post
Wow!! your pictures are amazing!!! We are going this year Dec 20-27th !!

First time being away at Christmas!!
You are going to have so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #51
Gidget
Earning My Ears
 
Gidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 42

Sounds like you had an amazing time. AWESOME TR!!! You have a lovely family and I loved all of your pics!!! We are hoping to get to Disneyland either Thanksgiving or around Christmas!!! Can't wait!!!
__________________
Me DH DD15 DD14 DS12

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." Walt Disney

Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #52
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time. AWESOME TR!!! You have a lovely family and I loved all of your pics!!! We are hoping to get to Disneyland either Thanksgiving or around Christmas!!! Can't wait!!!
Thanks for the kind words Gidget! Glad you liked my TR.

I highly recommend going at the Christmas holidays. Have you visited the Disneyland at Christmas thread? Lots of pics and tips to get you excited.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #53
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets
 
deejdigsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Day 4 December 29, 2009
Spoiler alert...don't read if you don't want to know how to work as a team and unlock 'Easter Eggs for more points'
*
*
*
*
*
Toy Story Midway Mania Fever! Day 4

We woke up with dreams of high scores dancing in our heads from our successful internet search the night before. It was better than story time when the boys were little as we all circled around my netbook and I read from our favorite new ebook "Guide by Patrick Seybert" I give him props because these really work! For the full scoop see his great post!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=314883

It was great to find that you can earn many more points and have a lot of fun working as a team

First we needed to fortify ourselves with a tasty breakfast from White Water Snacks! LOVIN' the time difference as much as our teens as 8am in CA is the crack of 11 at home Three American Breakfasts and a breakfast burrito later we were prepared for our morning.

We were the very first in line at the security entrance from GCH to DCA. We happily chatted with the cast member manning the security table until 9:30 arrived and we were let through the turn styles. This time we didn't head to Soarin' first but stepped right up to the TSMM rope!

Michigan boys at what their bodies believe is 11:30 am


At about 9:45 one of the TSMM cast members walked us in a single file line back through the park. Now this is great! No running, no pushing, no strollers knocking into the back of my ankles


We slowed down a couple of times to make sure our line was still together and strolled leisurely by Ariel's Grotto and over to TSMM. Here we are #1 in line!!

Ride #1 of the day, time 9:50 am

We took turns who would be partners. My job was to NOT mess up the score of my son (whichever was riding with me). I am happy to report I held up my end with the kids and only had a breakdown in communication with the hubby - whoops.

Game one - Practice round
- I just kind of rest my hand and 'site' in my puller (like it makes a difference in my score!)

Game two - Ham and Eggs
- When you car pulls to a stop you are either on the side with the hen house in front of you (bottom left) or the barn (top right). I found it easiest to be on the hen house side. Hen house side: in the bottom corner a fox will pop out worth 500 points. Shoot it, and two hens will run out, worth 1,000 and 2,000 points respectively. Barn side: At the top of your half of the screen, you will see a barn. You will need to shoot all the targets in it, and it will flip. Also get the little mouse running up the side. Now, three mice targets, worth 2,000 points each will be in the barn. They are very small, and will hide from you. Shoot all three, and the entire screen will fill with 1,000 point targets for you and your teammate to hit.

Game three - Bo Peep's Baaa-loon Pop
- I love this one because it's easy to get the extra points Each person has 5 balloons on the top corners of their screen which are in a cloud, which, when shot, produce water. Each teammate should shoot exactly FOUR of these balloons. Then, when both people are done doing that, try and coordinate shooting your respective last water balloons at the same time! If done correctly, the screen will now rain with 2,000 point balloons. Shoot them as fast as you can.

What we did was shoot four of the five balloon and then ask your partner "OK?" if they haven't gotten four yet, shoot something else while they are getting them. When you both pop 4 of the 5 then say 'NOW' and after confirming shoot your fifth. The 2,000 balloons come down and along with a happy sound!

Game four - Green Army Men Shoot Camp
- honestly this one if pretty tough for me but I can do it! Coordinate with your teammate, because about 5 seconds into the game, each side of the screen will have a 2,000 point plate pop up into the air. If both sides hit theirs at the same time a tank will appear and shoot out 6 plates, each worth 5,000 points. In between the tank shooting, aim only for 1,000 and 2,000 point plates.

After I busted my plate for my partner I just broke whatever plates I could. My men were aiming at the plates on purpose - to each their own

Game 5 - Buzz Lightyear's Flying Tossers
- The secret in this game is deceptively easy, but if you mess up, it will be frustrating. There will be a rocket ship filled with 8 aliens worth 100 points each. They will re-spawn shortly after you hit them. Work with your teammate and ring them all before the re-spawn. The rocket ship will blast off, and the Easter egg unlocked.

The Easter egg is a robot's mouth that will open and close. When it's open, a point value will be shown, starting with 500, and eventually reaching 2.000. Throw as many rings into the box as possible when it is open.

When it is closed, stay on your side, and focus on these targets, in this order:
Jetpack 2000
planets 500
far away alien 5,000

Frankly I had trouble getting anything in the mouth of the robot so I happily ringed the other things above.

Game six, part 1 - Woody's Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Gallery
- Get ready for your dominant arm to fall off! Time to work with your partner again! To start out, the screen should have 7 targets. When each target is shot, 3 to 5 new targets will pop out. The objective here is to shoot each target once! It is important to note that the targets will re-spawn. So, do not waste times shooting the same ones twice!

If you and your teammate have quickly cleared the screen of each bulls-eye, then each target will disappear, and the screen will explode full of new bulls-eyes worth only 2,000 and 1,000 points. The best strategy here is to rapidly fire at everything you can.

Game six, part 2
- Your car will begin moving along with the screen. This part is very short. Keep and eye out for the bigger targets. You should be able to hit at least three targets worth 2,000 here.

Game six, part 3
- There will be two mine carts traveling toward you. Alternate hitting them from left to right. After the first three, a bat will appear above worth 1,000. Quickly hit him, and go back to hitting mine carts. Another bat worth 5,000 will then appear. Tag that one too, and finish with the mine carts. If you've done this correctly, your two final mine carts will be worth 5,000 each.

Now you are done, grab your cell phone and capture your score (sans flash of course) for all of posterity. Once again, please note I'm always the low score.

Grumpy and me:


Our round - green means the score came from your car so it was Grumpy and Donald!


We said a quick 'thanks' to the cast member letting us out and did a pep-step up the stairs, toss the glasses in the bin, down the stairs, wave at the guy trying to sell the TSMM game for one of the game systems my boys have, into the entrance for TSMM. WHEW. Breathing a little heavy we boarded our cars for our second turn, time: 10:00 am. After this turn we headed over to get FP for California Screamin' and waited in the stand-by line for TS two more times.

We rode four times by 11 am along with baggin' the CS FPs. Our family was happy but our arms needed a rest!


DS was quite proud he was currently both the high scores. Now if he put that much pride into his college studies....



We headed back to the room to drop off our sweatshirts (you couldn't say that with ease at WDW) and headed over to DL for our Cafe Orleans lunch reservations.

Now you know all our secrets for TSMM. Go forth and have a blast!!
Next up: Holy cow where did all these people come from! Cafe Orleans.
First, I'm so glad you didn't ditch the WDW TR. Still looking forward to that one.

Second, I had to bump this particular post for my DS11. He and I are meeting my sister at DL next week for a very quick trip! (Very last minute thing... I was doing research for my sister. She wanted to go to DL and use her AP for the first time. I was checking hotels, park hours, closures, etc. for her. Her trip was planned, but she was worried she'd back out at the last minute. Wasn't too sure about the solo thing. Eventually she said, "You know, you could come with me... you still have your AP, I've already got the hotel covered since I'm going anyway. That leaves food and your flight. And I'll pay for half your flight." It seemed like a no-brainer, as it would cost me very little to go. But there was that little issue of leaving my kids behind yet again. My husband doesn't care either way. Anyway, it was decided that I would go and take DS11 with me. And my other 2 boys? They don't care. They are the 2 that wanted to stay at the hotel with dad during MM their one and only time of going to DL. I took them to the store to spend birthday money the other day. I split DS11's allowance this month between the 2 of them, and added it to their b-day money pot. On the way home from the store they were "Woo-Hoo" -ing all over the place. "If {DS11} wasn't going to Disneyland, we wouldn't be getting these Lego sets! This is the best day ever!" And since then it's been, "We can't wait 'til you guys go to Disneyland and we can play lots of Wii and eat lots of treats! How many more days 'til you go? We can't wait!!!") Anyway, back to bumping this post. Last night DS11 said, "Remember all those Toy Story tips and tricks you read about on Disboards a long time ago? Can you find them so I can read them again?" He remembered them from when I showed him nearly a year ago! I wonder if they're still "valid"? Wasn't there a new game when you went in Oct. relating to TS3? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that this post is still getting some mileage.
__________________
Done! It's 4 Trips in 1! Christmas, Spring, Halloween... Then Went Back For Ice Cream!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #54
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
First, I'm so glad you didn't ditch the WDW TR. Still looking forward to that one.

Second, I had to bump this particular post for my DS11. He and I are meeting my sister at DL next week for a very quick trip! (Very last minute thing... I was doing research for my sister. She wanted to go to DL and use her AP for the first time. I was checking hotels, park hours, closures, etc. for her. Her trip was planned, but she was worried she'd back out at the last minute. Wasn't too sure about the solo thing. Eventually she said, "You know, you could come with me... you still have your AP, I've already got the hotel covered since I'm going anyway. That leaves food and your flight. And I'll pay for half your flight." It seemed like a no-brainer, as it would cost me very little to go. But there was that little issue of leaving my kids behind yet again. My husband doesn't care either way. Anyway, it was decided that I would go and take DS11 with me. And my other 2 boys? They don't care. They are the 2 that wanted to stay at the hotel with dad during MM their one and only time of going to DL. I took them to the store to spend birthday money the other day. I split DS11's allowance this month between the 2 of them, and added it to their b-day money pot. On the way home from the store they were "Woo-Hoo" -ing all over the place. "If {DS11} wasn't going to Disneyland, we wouldn't be getting these Lego sets! This is the best day ever!" And since then it's been, "We can't wait 'til you guys go to Disneyland and we can play lots of Wii and eat lots of treats! How many more days 'til you go? We can't wait!!!") Anyway, back to bumping this post. Last night DS11 said, "Remember all those Toy Story tips and tricks you read about on Disboards a long time ago? Can you find them so I can read them again?" He remembered them from when I showed him nearly a year ago! I wonder if they're still "valid"? Wasn't there a new game when you went in Oct. relating to TS3? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that this post is still getting some mileage.
Here is the update you and your son need:
Bo Peep's balloon pop has been replaced by Rex and Trixie's Dino Darts. What you want to do is shoot the lava coming out of the volcano. They look like long skinny balloons. Then each side will have a meteor that you shoot three times as it falls from the outside of the screen towards the middle with increasing point values both sides. When you bag the meteors, many lava balloons come out of the volcano with pretty good points.

Of course shoot everything in site when you aren't doing the above

All the other tips are still valid!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #55
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,857

Hey TK, its nice to see u back on the boards again. I was wondering how your trip to WDW last month was? Can't wait to read your TR from your WDW trip.

Also I cant believe I am going back to DL in just a few days. Hope u have the time to check out my TR for this weekend.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #56
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Hey TK, its nice to see u back on the boards again. I was wondering how your trip to WDW last month was? Can't wait to read your TR from your WDW trip.

Also I cant believe I am going back to DL in just a few days. Hope u have the time to check out my TR for this weekend.
Hi Bret!
I'm keeping my eye on your trip report. Your trip is coming right up - Of course I'll be following along. Love the sign quest.

I'm waiting for my photopass CD to start my trip report. Hard to believe it was 18 days ago....

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #57
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,857

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret!
I'm keeping my eye on your trip report. Your trip is coming right up - Of course I'll be following along. Love the sign quest.

I'm waiting for my photopass CD to start my trip report. Hard to believe it was 18 days ago....

TK
I'm leaving tomorrow to my Grandmothers house in Livingston and leave early in the morning on Friday. Than I will leave DL to Bakersfield for a Anime Convention on Sunday.

The Sign Quest is going to be really hard than the Ride Vehicle Quest. Not only for all the rides, restaurants, bathrooms, etc. but it would be easier to do one of them, but I need to do something challenging. I might not be able to get them all, it will be fun to do. I am also looking forward to Kickin' Country Weekend in the back of Frontierland by BTR. After seeing Fiesta Disneyland last week, I am looking forward to it and also Pixar Pals show at DCA.

Just like you, I can't believe it was 33 days when I as WDW.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: