Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #31
just4today
Quirky about hair in front of eyes

I think this is the right thing to do. Sure, it will be disappointing to some in the short term, but like a PP said, those who have never ridden up front won't know what they're missing. I have been to WDW many, many times and have never ridden up front on the monorail. Yet it has not been a tragedy in my life at all.

The OP comes off rather insensitive to the CMs in my opinion.
just4today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #32
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Amonorailpilot,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your emotions on this. The only reason I opened this thread was because I am here at the World now, and asked yesterday to ride up front and was politely told by a very kind older gentleman at the Epcot station that WDW was no longer doing that. I looked at my 6 year old son and said "That's OK buddy, be happy you got to do it last year. It's still the monorail, c'mon let's go!"

My son wasn't hurt emotionally and I didn't feel the joy get sucked out of him like some here suggest. I am truly glad that we had the experience, but out of all of the experiences we have had the past few days, that would not have been at the top of our list.

Please let me apologize for the insensitivity of guests out there that seem to have no heart or feelings at all. There are those of us who respect your dedication to our enjoyment and we thank you for it.

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #33
amonorailpilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4today View Post
The OP comes off rather insensitive to the CMs in my opinion.
I disagree. I think the OP doesn't know... or didn't know... what we hear every day. Some of the things are simply unimaginable until you hear them.

If the people who make jokes to our faces would go away and leave the parks and resorts to the rest of you... I would be highly in favor of getting you back up front.
amonorailpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #34
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonorailpilot View Post
... My views and emotions on this issue are very raw and they are my own. They do not necessarily reflect the views of the Walt Disney Company, or any other involved entity.
I'm sorry for your loss, but some of your behavior is completely unacceptable.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #35
Octoberbride03
I think Tweetie done gone Cuckoo
Been there, done that, married the man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Some of HIS behavior? Did you read the same conversation post that i did? amonorailpilot's behavior was far better than mine would have been. Mine might have cost me my job. Personally I think his behavior was stellar considering the guest.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #36
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbride03 View Post
Some of HIS behavior? Did you read the same conversation post that i did? amonorailpilot's behavior was far better than mine would have been. Mine might have cost me my job. Personally I think his behavior was stellar considering the guest.
Exactly, like he said cast members are human too. Just cause people spend a fortune their doesnt give them the right to act like a horses rear end.

But some people are going always to be like that regardless. I remember back in late Sept 2001, my next door neighbors at the time were complaining about how the baseball games were canceled because of that "9/11 thing" that happened
Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #37
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
I agree with the previous posters that this CM's behaviour is not out of line at all. it sounds like he has remained polite and consistent with very, very rude, and sometimes cruel, guests.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #38
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

amonorailpilot,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for everyone who works in the monorails area. Please accept my apologies for those unbelievably insensitive guests that choose to make light or harrass you about the tragic death of Austin. I can't understand why some people would do something like that and be so insensitive. My prayers are with you and all your coworkers as well as Austinn's family that the Lord will give you comfort and peace.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #39
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I agree with the previous posters that this CM's behaviour is not out of line at all. it sounds like he has remained polite and consistent with very, very rude, and sometimes cruel, guests.
Me too. And I find the OP's position on this very rude as well. Loss of one life is 'minimal'? Sorry, no.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #40
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #41
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Come again?! How so?
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #42
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonorailpilot View Post
Don't think about the front cabs for now, because I don't think the front cab rides are coming back for a long time, if ever. Enjoy your vacation here, enjoy us... and please, respect and avoid the one or two things that we pray that you don't try to discuss with us.

If enough time goes by without anyone coming up and making comments, it is possible that there may be a turn toward bringing you back into the cabs.

My views and emotions on this issue are very raw and they are my own. They do not necessarily reflect the views of the Walt Disney Company, or any other involved entity.

There are no words, just prayers and pixie dust.
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #43
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
In your dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
Exactly, like he said cast members are human too. Just cause people spend a fortune their doesnt give them the right to act like a horses rear end.

But some people are going always to be like that regardless. I remember back in late Sept 2001, my next door neighbors at the time were complaining about how the baseball games were canceled because of that "9/11 thing" that happened
Even my horse's rear end would show more class and sensibility that the fools amonorailpilot had to deal with.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #44
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

Quote:
UM................ you're joking right? I sincerely hope so otherwise this quite sad.

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013, SEPTEMBER 2015
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013

lacrosse_lady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #45
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

amonorailpilot -

I'm a former CM and I posted earlier to support the decision to not let guests ride in the cabs.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Eeyore's Butterfly is correct, that CMs are family and it is a family you never leave. The 1st time I rode the monorail after the accident I cried walking up to the platform and I didn't know Austin. I was with a few former and current CMs and everyone was affected.

There have been disgusting hurtful posts on this thread. It is really sad how entitled we, as a society, have become.

Take care of each other, monorail pilots. See you Saturday night.

Tags
accident, fun, kids, monorail, secrets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: