Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #16
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Welcome all and thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw6 View Post
Hi Erin!!
Can't wait to read more. We have a breakfast reservation at O'Hana's for the 9th too! My kids wanted to see Lilo and Stitch something awful. Ours is at 10:30 a.m. Don't know what time yours is for but maybe I will spot you if you are there then....lol. I will be listening for British accents....and looking for a table with 18 people....ha!

Lisa....13 days and counting!
Ooh Lisa we'll be there at the same time ours is 10.10 .. Yeh you won't miss us we are loud hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay it's later! Your plans look great - so fun that you get to do 2 weeks!

so it's 17 loud Brits and 1 quiet one take on the world? What are you doing on the blank days - just relax? on vacation?

What is AQ?
AQ is Aquatica Tammie which we are all so excited about doing so fingers crossed on weather .. Free days are for that, or hanging at the pool or all the outlet shopping we like to do hahahhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Hi Erin -

I made it over here too..... When you see the 18 listed out like that it seems like an awful lot of people to please!!!! Mind you, there's enough to split off into groups too I suppose.... Lovin the pre trippie so far - I truly want to be at the what-day-where stage.... but we are still pre-pre-planning that......

Tessa
Oh Tessa i planned what days months ago and thankfully they had breakies on those days hahahhaha you know me CF for life!!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Booking and Planning

Ok so we planned this 'originally' as a surprise for my DD when there were just 7 of us going then my best friend found out and declared that 'No longer were we allowed to go to WDW without them and especially not for Cj's b'day' this was about 19 months ago then a few weeks later my cousin phones and says 'Are you actually going?' i reply 'Er yeh of course' and she says 'Well we wanna come too, oh and by the way i'm pregnant' Yeh that was a strange phonecall to British airways to book our flights as he wasn't actually born then

So i decided to tell her about the whole thing so noone had to try and keep secrets, she cried with happiness at going and taking best friends with her for her b'day to her fave place

Cut to December when British airways cabin crew decide to strike over Christmas, the whole country went mad and it went to court and decided it couldn't happen, so then they decided they would put it off (do you see where am going with this) to maybe end of January beginning of February!!!!!
Thankfully there's been no more talk of it and we are scanning the news for anything and hoping they put it off!!

All meals are planned and booked
I have chosen the cake i am going to order for her
http://www.publix.com/food/catalog/B...il.do?id=10456

All that's left to order is the Slipper to arrive on her B'day morning breakie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Just a few pics of the soon to be birthday girl at 5yrs old

and at 7 yrs old
and at 9 yrs old

Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #19
lshaw6
Mouseketeer

Oh Erin those pictures are adorable! I hope you get many more on this trip. No doubt she'll want to make a special scrapbook of her birthday. The cake is so pretty!! I heard they make really good Disney cakes at Publix. I will definitely be on the lookout for you then since we'll be at O'Hana's at the same time. You all have been planning this trip for so long, I hope it turns out as wonderful as can be for you all, especially for the birthday girl.

Lisa.....12 days and counting
Old 01-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #20
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshaw6 View Post
Oh Erin those pictures are adorable! I hope you get many more on this trip. No doubt she'll want to make a special scrapbook of her birthday. The cake is so pretty!! I heard they make really good Disney cakes at Publix. I will definitely be on the lookout for you then since we'll be at O'Hana's at the same time. You all have been planning this trip for so long, I hope it turns out as wonderful as can be for you all, especially for the birthday girl.

Lisa.....12 days and counting
Thanks Lisa
I'm sure all will be amazing and run smoothly hahahha

Ok i have to ask for a couple of tips
B'day breakie is at 1900 Park fare at the GF at 8 a.m .. she then wants to go to MK for the day .. and then we are off to T-Rex for dinner at 5
I'm hoping this is doable .. how long will it take to get from one place to the next??
We will drive to the GF and then from there to MK .. Then will drive from MK to DTD for our dinner ..
Just wondering what time we should leave MK to get there in time?? And how long it will take from GF to MK in the morning??

Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #21
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

I would say 45 mins to an hour. You know how parking can be you can be. I would almost say valet at GF and take the monorail to MK that way you don't have to worry about TTC and parking there which can be a nightmare.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobewed07 View Post
I would say 45 mins to an hour. You know how parking can be you can be. I would almost say valet at GF and take the monorail to MK that way you don't have to worry about TTC and parking there which can be a nightmare.
Hmm ok that sounds like a good idea .. how much does it cost Jillian? We have 3 cars .. Sounds better than fighting with traffic etc plus if we pay valet it means we don't pay to park so it could work out ok anyway

Ooh also what's TTC?? Hahhahahahahha sorry

Thanks

Old 01-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

I believe it is 12 to valet which is the same as MK

TTC= ticket and transportation center. You must park here to get to MK. It is a pain. I think anyway.

My thing with Valet is you can park and leave and return it's the same price for 1 FULL day. So you can park the cars eat hop on the monorail and then to MK. Then you can take the monorail back and use the valet or take the bus to DTD which ever is easier for everyone.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #24
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe it is 12 to valet which is the same as MK

TTC= ticket and transportation center. You must park here to get to MK. It is a pain. I think anyway.

My thing with Valet is you can park and leave and return it's the same price for 1 FULL day. So you can park the cars eat hop on the monorail and then to MK. Then you can take the monorail back and use the valet or take the bus to DTD which ever is easier for everyone.
OOh Jillian that sounds perfect thankyou so much for that, that is clearly a much better idea than fighting through hahahha

And we're ok to valet even though we're not staying onsite??

Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!!

Your trip sounds like soooo much fun and sooo many memories are going to be made. Maybe I missed it, but where are ya'll staying?

The largest group that I've been with is 7, but we are hopeing for a trip of 10 maybe even 14 next year, and I've going crazy just thinking about all of it lol You are awesome for planning this especially with all those kiddies We will have 2 kids being 10 and 12 and they down for whatever lol
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #26
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Joining in!!!

Your trip sounds like soooo much fun and sooo many memories are going to be made. Maybe I missed it, but where are ya'll staying?

The largest group that I've been with is 7, but we are hopeing for a trip of 10 maybe even 14 next year, and I've going crazy just thinking about all of it lol You are awesome for planning this especially with all those kiddies We will have 2 kids being 10 and 12 and they down for whatever lol
Great to see you here thanks
We have a big 7 bedroom villa in Emerald island resort looks great lovely big pool and a games room .. is nice and big and with that many people thank goodness hahhaha
The first time i took my daughter there were 6 of us then 2 years later 7 of us then 2008 there were 16 of us we just get bigger each time
I'm lucky that everyone just does what i say when it comes to all things Disney hahaha i do all research and booking and everyone says yay or nay to each thing but normally yay
The kids are the easy ones to plan for although i've never taken a baby so this will be a first for that as he's only just 7 months

Is it all family you will be going with?

Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #27
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyErin View Post
OOh Jillian that sounds perfect thankyou so much for that, that is clearly a much better idea than fighting through hahahha

And we're ok to valet even though we're not staying onsite??

Just tell them you are dining there. There is no problem with it at all.

We did this last March we ate at Chef Mickey's and then took the monorail to MK I think if memory serves me we walked back? It was a very short walk.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
DizzyErin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just tell them you are dining there. There is no problem with it at all.

We did this last March we ate at Chef Mickey's and then took the monorail to MK I think if memory serves me we walked back? It was a very short walk.
Fab thanks very much .. yeh we have eaten at Chef Mickeys but just parked normally as we weren't going on anywhere after.
What a great idea thanks

Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #29
tttessa
DIS Veteran

ERIN.....

Wooo-hoo -we are staying at the VERY SAME Emerald Island Resort in October. You will have to make LOTS of notes and take LOADS of pictures for me!! Pretty pretty please....... Will be nice to know how long it REALLY takes to get to the parks... Did you stay there before?

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 01-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
I totally agree! Monorail from GF to MK, then I would bus to DTD and then bus back to GF to pick up your car. I wouldn't pay for valet though...... you are getting there early enough and when we drove there and parked, it's very simple and not too far of a walk to get to resort......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: