Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #301
DisneyDuo
A perplexed friend said to me, "You must fart Pixie Dust!"

We have never been interested in Universal, never been there in our many trips to WDW.

BUT we do love Harry Potter, so we will take a day during our 2011 trip to visit Universal. Why not? The previews look great.

Lin

DisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #302
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I know alot of Christians are fine with it, we just have an aversion to witchcraft at our house.
Hey, I understand and to each his own.

But, do you find it at all ironic that your Disboard name is Magic and you're a huge Disney lover and the huge majority if Disney films and attractions are centered around magic, witches, sorcery, dragons and many other things that are associated with the so-called occult? I'm just sayin' . . .
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #303
colinsdad
DIS Veteran

As someone who has seen every Potter Movie at 12:01am on the first day of release on IMAX, there is absolutely no doubt that we will stray to Universal on our next trip in August. We are staying offsite so we're not "land-locked" into Disney by the Magical Express. We've been waiting for Potter since it was announced.

While it will be a major bummer not having the Extra Magic Hours, it actually will be refreshing to have a car to get around and not be so reliant on the buses.
My Disney Life Timeline - '73 CR 1st trip 3y/o, '74 Poly, '75 CR, '76 Disneyland, '77-80 (Offsite), '83 DWV, '85 '89 '91 (offsite), May '92 FWR, Mar '97 (BlueTree), Nov '97 (Westgate Lakes), Dec '98 Xmas @ OKW, Jan '00 Disneyland Paris, Sept '01 Trip Cancelled due to 9/11 God Bless America!, Oct '01 Disneyland, Oct '02 (Marriott Grande Vista), Nov '03 (Mystic Dunes), Sept '04 (Sheraton Vistana), May '05 All Star Sports, Nov '05 Disney's HHI, Jan '06 OKW, Oct '06 (Marriott Cypress Harbor), Oct '07 POP, Sept '08 BWV, May '09 VWL, Aug '09 BCV, Aug '10 (Marriott Sabal Palms), Mar '12 (Swan), Oct '13 (Marriott Grande Vista)
colinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #304
smidgy
dimples

colinsdad, I just want to remind you that Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have free Express Pass for resort guests. (I doubt, however, if HP will be included for a while. we were there when Rip Tide rollercoaster first opened, and it was not included yet. darn, I really wanted to ride that... NOT! ok, but Nebo wanted to., but it was like an hour and a half wait.)
It's SO worth it to try it just once, staying onsite. it is such a short WALK to both parks. we stay at Royal Pacific (the cheapest) gorgeous pool! no slide, but a water fun area for kids. but Hard Rock(stayed there once) has a GREAT water slide at their pool, and pool hopping is allowed.
do not eat at the resorts, though.. pricey... but City walk has great dining venues, as well as counter service satnds.
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #305
TomD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I know alot of Christians are fine with it, we just have an aversion to witchcraft at our house.

Reminds me of a comment in the Dursley Resident. Don't say the M word...lol
TomD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #306
colinsdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
colinsdad, I just want to remind you that Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have free Express Pass for resort guests. (I doubt, however, if HP will be included for a while. we were there when Rip Tide rollercoaster first opened, and it was not included yet. darn, I really wanted to ride that... NOT! ok, but Nebo wanted to., but it was like an hour and a half wait.)
It's SO worth it to try it just once, staying onsite. it is such a short WALK to both parks. we stay at Royal Pacific (the cheapest) gorgeous pool! no slide, but a water fun area for kids. but Hard Rock(stayed there once) has a GREAT water slide at their pool, and pool hopping is allowed.
do not eat at the resorts, though.. pricey... but City walk has great dining venues, as well as counter service satnds.
Thanks for all that great advice smidgy.

If I didn't have 2 days left on my Hopper (and 6 plus visits), we'd probably be skipping Disney this time around. My cousin is getting married in Celebration and her reception is at the Buena Vista Palace so we're making a week of it.

I'm planning on doing HP on a Tuesday (to avoid the weekend and locals - hope that helps some) and I was lucky enough to score free passes because I signed up for mycokerewards. I had my family give me their 12pk and bottle caps, along with my own, and while it took a while, I had enough points to get 2 free passes to Universal!

I definatley think I'd like to stay at the Hard Rock sometime. That FREE express pass sounds great! I actually paid $60 for an Express Pass to Halloween Horror nights 3 years ago and it was sooooooo worth it to skip those haunted house lines!
My Disney Life Timeline - '73 CR 1st trip 3y/o, '74 Poly, '75 CR, '76 Disneyland, '77-80 (Offsite), '83 DWV, '85 '89 '91 (offsite), May '92 FWR, Mar '97 (BlueTree), Nov '97 (Westgate Lakes), Dec '98 Xmas @ OKW, Jan '00 Disneyland Paris, Sept '01 Trip Cancelled due to 9/11 God Bless America!, Oct '01 Disneyland, Oct '02 (Marriott Grande Vista), Nov '03 (Mystic Dunes), Sept '04 (Sheraton Vistana), May '05 All Star Sports, Nov '05 Disney's HHI, Jan '06 OKW, Oct '06 (Marriott Cypress Harbor), Oct '07 POP, Sept '08 BWV, May '09 VWL, Aug '09 BCV, Aug '10 (Marriott Sabal Palms), Mar '12 (Swan), Oct '13 (Marriott Grande Vista)
colinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #307
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

DD and I went to IOA today. Here are pictures of HP as of today.

Note the train engine in this picture.

Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #308
bkoehl
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Harry Potter! I am the one in line at midnight to get the book and up all night reading it until I'm done. My kids are still young and not that into coasters and I am a big Disney fan so it probably won't make a HUGE difference in our plans but I do plan on going one day on our next trip in August 2010 to check it out.
bkoehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #309
BMICKEY
Mouseketeer

We are going to get the best of both Worlds! We are going on a 4 day cruise aboard the Disney Wonder with my two best friends and their families then going to see Harry Potter for a couple of days afterwards. You can always make time for both!

AUGUST 7, 2012 - Club 33 and a Tour of Walt's Apartment! SEPTEMBER 2, 2012 - First 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland and Club 33
Disneyland - 30+ times First visit to CLUB 33 - February 2012 WDW - 1989 & 2008
Magic - 2007 Eastern & 2009 Western Wonder - 2010 Bahamas Joined DVC - 2007
DM DD DS(16) DS(13)
BMICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #310
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post

Note the train engine in this picture.

Awesome!
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #311
smidgy
dimples

colins dad, I have checked out Celebration online, and it looks like a great little "resort city"with places to stay, and shops and restaurants. can you check back withus and let us know more about it? have fun!

anyone who has ridden the ride itself, can you tell us anything about it (esp. for us scardey cats, is it a thrill ride? high? is it like a rollercoaster? I'll do Mummy, but not much scarier than that)
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #312
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsdad View Post
Thanks for all that great advice smidgy.

If I didn't have 2 days left on my Hopper (and 6 plus visits), we'd probably be skipping Disney this time around. My cousin is getting married in Celebration and her reception is at the Buena Vista Palace so we're making a week of it.

I'm planning on doing HP on a Tuesday (to avoid the weekend and locals - hope that helps some) and I was lucky enough to score free passes because I signed up for mycokerewards. I had my family give me their 12pk and bottle caps, along with my own, and while it took a while, I had enough points to get 2 free passes to Universal!

I definatley think I'd like to stay at the Hard Rock sometime. That FREE express pass sounds great! I actually paid $60 for an Express Pass to Halloween Horror nights 3 years ago and it was sooooooo worth it to skip those haunted house lines!
going on a tuesday will help you avoid larger crowds.
wed, and thur are great days also.

hotel guests do receive the unlimited free express lines except for the special hard ticket events.
hhn rules.......
the express pass for that event is almost as much as the entrance ticket.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #313
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

We just got back yesterday from WDW Our next trip will be an adults only trip for us to WDW BUT we are planning a trip to Universal on our next family vacation. We already bought the tickets and will probably be going in 2011 or early 2012 with the kids. We will stay on Disney property and drive over to Universal. It will probably be a 2 week vacation so we can do Harry Potter & WDW.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #314
christa112
DIS Veteran

Most definately. We have already planned our next trip to FL will be to Universal, Sea World & Busch Gardens. We will stay at our DVC but most likely not even step foot into a Disney park. We have been to Disney 4 times in 5 years I would like to devote our time to parks we have never been to.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #315
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
Thank so much for sharing, Feralpeg. What awesome pics!!! tink
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: