Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #226
cuethemusic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I think that what drives some Universal fans a bit off the edge is those who dismiss Universal and have never been. People sometimes have such odd images of the Universal parks and just like all of those who are defending AK in another thread, Universal fans feel compelled to do the same. I'm a BIG Universal fan myself and I personally don't care if people go or not but it does seem a bit shortsighted to just dismiss it so easily.

Universal is not a threat to WDW. The two companies actually help each other.

I pretty much feel this way as well, but you know if they aren't willing to go then it's less of a wait at the rides for us!
cuethemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #227
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuethemusic View Post
I pretty much feel this way as well, but you know if they aren't willing to go then it's less of a wait at the rides for us!
That's true.

Now if only something could drive all of them from the Disney parks.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #228
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

We love universal, and will go to see Harry Potter.
Indiana Rose Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #229
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

We've never been to Universal, but did plan to go at some point. The plan is to go there this year, due to Harry Potter.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #230
wdwfan16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basas View Post
I'm curious:

For those of you who usually stay on-site at WDW and do not normally venture off property, how many of you plan to spend a day at Universal on your next vacation to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

It will be interesting to see what impact (if any) it has on Central Florida theme park attendance and if it impacts WDW in any way.
We plan on seeing the WWoHP on our next trip. We already bought our tickets.
wdwfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #231
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyseyfert View Post
My wife and I are going to DW May 19th-24th...we are not planning on going to HP or US during that time...

However, I do wonder if HP will affect attendance at the DW parks while we are there...lighter crowds than normal???? What do you think?
As a "townie" I'm hoping that the rising tide of Harry Potter lifts all boats and brings more tourists to the area. Yes, driving on I-4 and 192 with them drives me up the proverbial wall but our economy really needs Harry Potter to do some magic for the entire area.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #232
wdwfan16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan09 View Post
As a "townie" I'm hoping that the rising tide of Harry Potter lifts all boats and brings more tourists to the area. Yes, driving on I-4 and 192 with them drives me up the proverbial wall but our economy really needs Harry Potter to do some magic for the entire area.
I hope HP brings more tourist too. That would be great for central FL.
wdwfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #233
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

We have some passes to Universal that expire in 2037. At some point we plan on using them, but, don't know when. We'll probably wait until the luster dies off on Harry Potter before going.

Besides, isn't HP at Islands of Adventure?

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W
2014 Feb off site, May SSR, Dec SSR

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #234
mygirltink
Earning My Ears

We are planning to spend one night at Universal this fall (2 days) so that we can use Express Pass. We have only been to Universal once and that was for a day probably 15 years ago and had no desire to go back until they announced the Harry Potter.
mygirltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #235
seadd67
DIS Veteran

we said no!

Not that we do not like HP,or we did not want to see the new HP at US. On the contrare,we love HP!!
On are up comeing July trip we where all jack to stay at Hard rock and see HP. But we decided not to do it this year for a few reasons!
one and the most Importian,our love for Disney,I know same old ssayings butr Its true the more we look at It the more we where like OMG we are going to miss time from Disney!! and that was really are frist reaction to It. Then It got me thinking how pack adventureland and HP Is going to be the frist year,and I know Its going to be pack for a long time,but this up comeing summer,fall and winter are going to be major nuts there!!.So for us It givesus a reason to stay at WDW, and In turn It gives something to look forward to next year.
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #236
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

I usually never want to go to Universal. I've been there once and really didn't enjoy it all that much. I liked IOA, but it wasn't enough for me to say that I needed to go back regularly. However, I'm really interested to see how they create the world of Harry Potter. If it turns out to be as awesome as they're planning, then it will be totally amazing. And it helps that a couple of my friends are HP nuts, so I will be going with them.

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #237
audeodream
Earning My Ears

Waiting 2 years!!

My 10 year old DS has been waiting 2 years for this park to open up. I promised him that the summer it opened we would be there. We have a Disney trip planned but after seeing some of the resorts at Universal (we've never been there before) we may want to take a few days to stay on site there.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #238
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

I haven't been to IOA since the year it opened and really had no desire to go back, until now. I will be going to HP for sure (but probably going to wait until the newness wears off).

I like Universal and don't want to bash it, I love the rides, but for me it's a "been there, done that" thing.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #239
justskip70003
why do i cry everytime i see wishes?

oh heck yeah! i cant wait til it opens. i have annual passes to all the parks and u can bet your bippy i will be first in line for that!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #240
thegib95
Mouseketeer

No...
Nothing against Harry POtter or the concept of the new part...
but I am a purest...

I Land at MCO, i take the ME to my resort and stay on property untill i take the ME back to MCO

just get lost in 's Magic for my time

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: