Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #1276
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge
 
georgemoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA - A mere 1,289mi from my happy place.
Posts: 5,125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoonmullen View Post
Since I don't deal well at all with spinning I'll be one the ground with you and even though Louise loves it she will look up and also say NO WAY.

I wonder how far chucks will fly from 300 ft.... remind me not to get to close to this ride either.
You could just use your drink umbrella for protection.
__________________
- georgemoe
georgemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #1277
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoonmullen View Post
Since I don't deal well at all with spinning I'll be one the ground with you and even though Louise loves it she will look up and also say NO WAY.

I wonder how far chucks will fly from 300 ft.... remind me not to get to close to this ride either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoonmullen View Post
If I'm up there you better be wearing a hat, poncho and have your camera covered... it won't be pretty




Seriously.... I wonder about the "normal" swings like at Hershey and the impact of someone who doesn't handle spinning very well. I can just imagine with the extra height what kind of extra distance you might get.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #1278
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!
 
loveysbydesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alburtis, PA
Posts: 5,395

Has anyone used their free chevy tix? if so did it include the free preview and/or did you use them on a different day then what it said in the letter?
__________________

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #1279
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran
 
bizeemom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 1,499

Look at the ticket - does it have a P inside a square on the face of the ticket? If it does, that means that you can use it for the preview which starts at 7:30 p.m. The front gate people will just draw a line thru the P and give it back to you to use another day.
__________________
bizeemom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #1280
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder


 
3guysandagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by klam_chowder View Post
John -

seriously

Glad you guys made it out of there alive!

cheers,
And without needing a tetnus shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadlois View Post
These totally grossed me out!
Note to selves - never ever stay at a Super 8
At least not in Waterbury CT.
We stayed in the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD last year and it was very clean.
Mind you it was fairly new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcoke View Post
John, sorry you stayed at such a nasty Super 8 hotel. I have stayed a many Super 8's and they have all been nice and well cared for. Places like that give a hotel chain a bad image. Hopefully the company will pull their franchise.
This place should be sterilized and THEN bulldozed.
__________________

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
3guysandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #1281
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder


 
3guysandagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,245

Update on our Super 8 feedback

So, a Customer Care Representative was quick to get back to me on Monday morning with the response that she had forwarded my concerns to the General Manager of the Hotel, and that he would get back to me by today. She also requested that I send the pictures to her and included her email address, which I did.
I am not posting her emails as there is the usual disclaimer that they can not be copied or distributed, blah, blah.
Mine, on the other hand, are my property.

"Dear ___,
Thank you for your quick response.
I am attaching the pictures I took while staying at the Waterbury Super 8, room 209, for your use.
I feel contacting the General Manager in this case has done you a disservice.
There is no way he/she did not know his/her hotel was in this shape, and I doubt he/she cares.
I refer you to a trip advisor review from 2007.
Surprisingly, it is the only one, but I may rectify that.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t.html#REVIEWS
I only wish we had read it before staying there.
This experience has put a dark cloud over my views of the Super 8 chain.
I must add that we did stay at the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD in
December of 2009 and it was very nice.

I will be sending the pictures in two sets as they were not deliverable
due to size.

Hope to hear from you again regarding this matter."


I only hope her reaction was much the same as yours. ()

On Wednesday, I received an email from her again, apologizing for the fact I had not heard from the GM, although I had not said anything regarding it.
She assured me she would watch the case and contact me if I heard nothing by today.
She also informed me that she had forwarded the pictures to the GM.
Nothing like showing them what they already know.

Today, after hearing nothing, I sent this email...

"Hi ___,

As expected, no contact from the GM as of 3:30pm EST today.
I appreciate your attention to this matter, but again, I doubt they care.
Do yourselves a favor and send an inspection team to this cess pool.
Although, with you giving them the heads up, that may be futile.
Last Monday morning would have been the best time.
It is only 2 1/4 hours from head office at 1 Sylvan Way in Parsippany NJ.
Again, your attention has been noted, and I can only imagine what you deal with on a daily basis.

John Valletta should be proud of this fine example of Super 8 Hotels.
I'll be writing him next.

John


So, thats where we stand at the moment.
I would imagine we will not hear back from them until Monday now.
Next step...TripAdvisor review.
__________________

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
3guysandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #1282
bigmoonmullen
Disney Adventurer
 
bigmoonmullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3guysandagal View Post
So, a Customer Care Representative was quick to get back to me on Monday morning with the response that she had forwarded my concerns to the General Manager of the Hotel, and that he would get back to me by today. She also requested that I send the pictures to her and included her email address, which I did.
I am not posting her emails as there is the usual disclaimer that they can not be copied or distributed, blah, blah.
Mine, on the other hand, are my property.

"Dear ___,
Thank you for your quick response.
I am attaching the pictures I took while staying at the Waterbury Super 8, room 209, for your use.
I feel contacting the General Manager in this case has done you a disservice.
There is no way he/she did not know his/her hotel was in this shape, and I doubt he/she cares.
I refer you to a trip advisor review from 2007.
Surprisingly, it is the only one, but I may rectify that.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t.html#REVIEWS
I only wish we had read it before staying there.
This experience has put a dark cloud over my views of the Super 8 chain.
I must add that we did stay at the Super 8-Halfway in Hagerstown MD in
December of 2009 and it was very nice.

I will be sending the pictures in two sets as they were not deliverable
due to size.

Hope to hear from you again regarding this matter."


I only hope her reaction was much the same as yours. ()

On Wednesday, I received an email from her again, apologizing for the fact I had not heard from the GM, although I had not said anything regarding it.
She assured me she would watch the case and contact me if I heard nothing by today.
She also informed me that she had forwarded the pictures to the GM.
Nothing like showing them what they already know.

Today, after hearing nothing, I sent this email...

"Hi ___,

As expected, no contact from the GM as of 3:30pm EST today.
I appreciate your attention to this matter, but again, I doubt they care.
Do yourselves a favor and send an inspection team to this cess pool.
Although, with you giving them the heads up, that may be futile.
Last Monday morning would have been the best time.
It is only 2 1/4 hours from head office at 1 Sylvan Way in Parsippany NJ.
Again, your attention has been noted, and I can only imagine what you deal with on a daily basis.

John Valletta should be proud of this fine example of Super 8 Hotels.
I'll be writing him next.

John


So, thats where we stand at the moment.
I would imagine we will not hear back from them until Monday now.
Next step...TripAdvisor review.
Go John Go
__________________
2002 - Offsite - (Feb)
2004 - POP / BC (Sep/Oct)
2007 - AKL / WL (Nov/Dec)
2008 - Dolphin / OKW (Nov/Dec)
2009 - Dolphin (Oct)
2010 - Swan / POD2.0 / Swan (Dec)
2011 - ABD - Backstage Magic Tour (Apr)
2011 - Oct - Fun with friends
2012 - May - VWL & BCV
2012 - Oct - BCV & DCL Fantasy
Upcoming:
2012 - Dec - BCV & DCL Fantasy
bigmoonmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #1283
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey
 
DisneyTaylors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 507

I saw a headline today that a piece of history will be closing. Apparently Hershey has announced that they are closing their original plant to build a more modern one outside town. Kinda sad but I'm at least glad we got to see it while it was still operational.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com..._blg=1,1814009

- Bill
__________________
Bill DW (Jennifer) DS11 DD8 DS5 Minnie

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #1284
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan
 
dpuck1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vicksburg, MI
Posts: 10,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post
I saw a headline today that a piece of history will be closing. Apparently Hershey has announced that they are closing their original plant to build a more modern one outside town. Kinda sad but I'm at least glad we got to see it while it was still operational.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com..._blg=1,1814009

- Bill
As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.
__________________

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #1285
DisneyTaylors
She's the Minnie to my Mickey
 
DisneyTaylors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.
Yeah I agree about the smoke stacks. That is the visual alot of people have about that place.

- Bill
__________________
Bill DW (Jennifer) DS11 DD8 DS5 Minnie

DisneyTaylors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #1286
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.
Smoke stacks?
There were smoke stacks?
I didn't see them. They probably weren't made of chocolate.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #1287
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan
 
dpuck1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vicksburg, MI
Posts: 10,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Smoke stacks?
There were smoke stacks?
I didn't see them. They probably weren't made of chocolate.
Did you drive into town and/or take the trolley tour?
__________________

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #1288
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
As long as they don't tear down the Hershey smoke stacks most people won't notice the difference I'm guessing. Since they opened Chocolate World they haven't been doing tours of the plants anyway.
According to the local news the original plant will be used for office space. It was either they built a new plant or they were moving out of the state altogether. A few years back they wanted to sell the company and move it away as well. The state stepped in and they agreed to stay.
__________________
ME rincess: DH DS DD:

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!



Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #1289
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuck1998 View Post
Did you drive into town and/or take the trolley tour?
Don, We didn't drive into town or take the trolly tour, so that's probably why we missed them. About all we did see was the parking lot, the park itself and chocolate world.

Oh, and a bunch of confused DIS'ers muttering something that sounded like "hub and spoke".
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread tripodjw Disney Cruise Meets 3430 05-06-2010 09:16 AM
April 1 2010 cruise meet ppiew Disney Cruise Meets 338 04-23-2010 08:43 PM
When worlds collide~the original flats meet in 4D!! winkers Pre-Trip Reports and Plans 1258 02-22-2010 01:52 AM
Massive May Meet 2010 - Sat May 22 4PM ford91exploder Dis Meets 7 02-21-2010 03:47 PM
Dis fans have meets- why not a Seaworld Meet? Tillikumtrainer Sea World / Discovery Cove 1 01-20-2010 06:19 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.