Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #16
firsttimemom
DIS Veteran

We actually stayed here when we went to HP a few years ago- right after it opened. They have this little indoor pool that my daughter said was here second favorite pool ever after AKL's pool .

I hope we can make it- football practice will have started so need to get that schedule first.
2006 (CCI) 2008 (RI)

DCL
Wonder: 5/23/04 ~ Magic: 1/22/05 ~ Wonder: 5/10/09 (PCC 1.0) ~ Wonder: 12/12/10 (PCC 2.0) ~ Dream: 4/17/11 ~ Magic Canadian: 6/17/12 ~ Fantasyturkeyfest 11/17/12 ~ Fantasy 4/12/14

firsttimemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Subscribing to this as we live maybe an hour from Hershey, and visit OFTEN. (next to WDW, one of our favorite places to be)!

This is something we would be interested in as well!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #18
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Put me down as a maybe too! I haven't been to Hershey since I was like 4, and I've been dying to go back!

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #19
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemoe View Post
Deb and I are both in. Thanks Andrea. Comfort Inn & Suites look nice. About 12 miles away from Hershey Park. Perfect!
So glad you guys are in - I checked the site for that hotel and it says it's 5 miles to Hershey Park, hmmmmmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Jason, Aaron and I are a maybe too.
It would be great to see you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertcr View Post
I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!

One more idea: Hummelstown is literally a stone's throw away from Hershey (2 minutes away from Hershey Park) and if you check online, there are several reasonably priced hotels. It is a lot closer than Harrisburg.

Love the Hershey Lodge but it is pricey unless maybe if you can work out a deal based on the number of interested diser's. It is a convention hotel and is really nice!
Hershey Lodge is $299/night and even if they gave us a group discount I don't think it would be cost effective. If anyone wants to stay at a more expensive hotel, no problem......we can just meet up other places

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellasSister View Post
Another maybe here too. We're certainly going to try, but will have to see what else the summer brings as well. Sounds like fun.
I know it's far away, hope you can make it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLfan View Post
What a great idea!
Kathy - hope you guys can come, it would be great to see you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanInPA View Post
I'm interested too. No hotel needed though for me, my house is less than 20 minutes away!
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimemom View Post
We actually stayed here when we went to HP a few years ago- right after it opened. They have this little indoor pool that my daughter said was here second favorite pool ever after AKL's pool .

I hope we can make it- football practice will have started so need to get that schedule first.
That's good to hear, hope you guys can make it as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Subscribing to this as we live maybe an hour from Hershey, and visit OFTEN. (next to WDW, one of our favorite places to be)!

This is something we would be interested in as well!
Lucky for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
Put me down as a maybe too! I haven't been to Hershey since I was like 4, and I've been dying to go back!
I haven't been in about 7 or so years, so it's time to go back and see what's new. Hope you can join us.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #20
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
So glad you guys are in - I checked the site for that hotel and it says it's 5 miles to Hershey Park, hmmmmmmmmm.
I like your number better Andrea. I just did a quick Harrisburg to Hershey check and it gave me 12 mi. We'll use your distance.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #21
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

I've never been to Hershey Park, and have always been curious to go. I'm not sure if that weekend works out for us though.

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Mouse Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Skywalker View Post
I've never been to Hershey Park, and have always been curious to go. I'm not sure if that weekend works out for us though.
<Putting on my Paul hat>

Make it work Dave!

<Taking off my Paul hat>

Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
kimisabella
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
I like your number better Andrea. I just did a quick Harrisburg to Hershey check and it gave me 12 mi. We'll use your distance.
What do I know - I just read it on their site ......They could be using the low number to entice people to stay there. I'm doing more investigation

Quote:
Oh Dave, you guys should try to make it!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #24
Mouse Skywalker

Quote:
<Putting on my Paul hat>

Make it work Dave!

<Taking off my Paul hat>

Paul hat? That sounds more like a Tim Gunn hat.

Quote:
Oh Dave, you guys should try to make it!!!
Andrea, I think my wife might be growing a little fatigued of all our vacation time being with DISers. As much as I would love to see everyone, we might need to take a little family time for ourselves too. However, we'll see what happens.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #25
kimisabella
Yes, I am. ;)

I have some calls and emails into some hotels in the Hummelstown/Harrisburg area. So far, it looks like their rates will be higher than the first hotel I posted about.

So, what I need to know is, what is everyone looking for in a hotel? Is price the biggest factor? Ammenities? Internet? Breakfast? Is there a "cut-off" amount that you will go up to, (i.e. won't pay more than $150/night)

I have also been poking around the Hershey Park website and it looks like they will also give group discounts for tickets for groups of more than 20. I'm pretty sure we'll get to 20 people. It's way too far in advance to think of tickets, but, just letting you know there is a possible group discount there as well.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #26
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertcr View Post
I'm interested too! I live in the Lehigh Valley, right outside of Allentown. Only 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'd like to stop by for one day! I will spread the word to other Lehigh Valley Diser's to see if they are interested too! Thanks for putting this together!
i've actually flown into that airport in Lehigh Valley, lol! my old company- night vision systems was based in Allentown, spent some time up there.

sounds like a great gtg Andrea!! Wish we could make it, but most likely we will not being so far away.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #27
kimisabella
Yes, I am. ;)

Quote:

Andrea, I think my wife might be growing a little fatigued of all our vacation time being with DISers. As much as I would love to see everyone, we might need to take a little family time for ourselves too. However, we'll see what happens.
I totally understand! A happy wife makes for a happy life!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #28
Mouse Skywalker

Quote:
I totally understand! A happy wife makes for a happy life!
Love it!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #29
kimisabella
Yes, I am. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
i've actually flown into that airport in Lehigh Valley, lol! my old company- night vision systems was based in Allentown, spent some time up there.

sounds like a great gtg Andrea!! Wish we could make it, but most likely we will not being so far away.
Hi Michelle - it should be fun. We were going to go to Hershey anyway this summer since we aren't going on any summer vacations because of PCC 2. I figured why not see if anyone else wants to go as well. I know you're too far away to join us
Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #30
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This thread is for anyone who would like to come to Hershey, PA for a mini-meet during the summer. The dates for this meet will be for the weekend of August 14th & 15th. I know this is way early, but, just want to get the info out there so as many people as possible can join us.

I have been looking into accomodations, and was referred to the Country Inn and Suites in Harrisburg, PA. I have heard good things about it from people who have stayed there. They have all the standard things - internet, a pool, and best of all free continental breakfast. I contacted the hotel and inquired about group rates and they informed me they would give our group a rate of $109.00/night for that weekend - we have to have a minimum of 10 rooms booked to get that rate.

Here is the website for the hotel
http://www.countryinns.com/harrisburgpa_ne

I realized that I didn't include the fact we would be doing Hershey Park - duh...
www.hersheypark.com
If anyone is interested and has any other ideas regarding other hotels/attractions/restaurants/discounts, just let me know.

So................who's in?
Andrea, Thanks for putting this together, however the dates don't work for me. That is the weekend before School Starts here and we are always swamped that weekend. People procrastinate and wait until the last minute to get their Printing done.

I am going to Indy Meet Labor Day weekend and maybe the Chicago meet in June.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: