Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #1291
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am so sad for the trip report to end. But, as always I have enjoyed reading it.
Thank you Michele! I can't wait for the photopass CD to come in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Ok, I fell waaaaaaaaaaaay behind but am now caught up just in time for the end! I have had a very stressful few days and this totally brought up my spirits! Too many thoughts to comment on! Loved the girls at the Surfs Up breakfast! Jelly Belly meet was too cool! Sticker shock at the World of Disney but then when you break it down to $50 per person it doesn't seem so bad. Love the BBB pics!

I have truly loved all of your pictures! I thought we took a lot of pics but we are amateurs compared to you!

Thank you for sharing them all!
I'm sorry that you've had a few rough days....hopefully things will calm down for you!! Glad my pics could lift your spirits!!
The twins finally warmed up on our last day.....wish it would have happened earlier in the trip!
Jelly Belly was a blast & a great way to end our trip!!
World of Disney is never a cheap stop for us.....lol
Addy & Anthony loved doing the BBB.....Addy has a career in modeling I think....lol She loves to pose!!

We did take a few pics.....but looking back, I'm glad we did!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #1292
DizNee Luver

DISNEYLAND

This is a break-down of things we did & things we missed. I knew when we left I had missed some things I wanted to do....but it wasn't until we were home that I realized I had missed a TON. So here goes!

DID:

Entertainment~~

Saw the Disneyland Band a few different times but never just sat & listened.

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies....love their show....I did notice it was way shorter than last year. Maybe they've added more shows, so they needed to shorten them in the process. Still a great show, but would have loved a longer show!!

Jedi Training....Anthony got to go see this (finally) & got picked!! Nick was with him, but I didn't get to see this personally.

Character Meet-Ups~~

Princess Fantasy Faire...Addy & Anthony did this with Mike & Betty & then I took Addy. They were able to watch the cornation ceremony.

Pixie Hollow....I took Addy to see Tinkerbell & Fawn. Next trip I'd love to see a different fairy.....lol We always see Fawn.

Mickey Mouse in ToonTown. We took the twins to meet Mickey Mouse during our Morning Madness. We saw him at the front of the house, so didn't actually make it thru the house.

Shows/Parades~~

Celebrate Street Party.....we got to see this entire parade from the Small World area. I enjoyed it for all the characters that are involved. To me, it really isn't a parade (in fact I don't think they actually call this a parade) but since it's the only one they offer.....I guess it's a parade.

Fantasmic.....wasn't sure I was going to get to see this. Nick & I were over there on one of the evenings & got on the Critter Country side & waited for the 9pm show to end (and fireworks) & then moved down to find a spot for the 10:30 show. We actually sat in the smoking section on the waterfront. I wanted to sit on the bench for a bit because my back was hurting. We actually stayed there & had front row seats for the show!! There is a water curtain directly in front of that area. Great seats.....for a great show!!

Magical....the fireworks. I got to see this from our motel balcony a few times, once from critter country area, once from the train station on Main Street & then once to the right of the castle. I love fireworks, but missed not seeing the Remember firework show. The last night we took Anthony & Addy to watch from the castle & it was the one night that neither Tinkerbell or Dumbo flew over the castle. Addy was devistated.....crying because she was looking forward to it & it didn't happen (this was the only time they saw the fireworks in the park). I was kicking myself that I didn't have my camera the night we watched from the Train Station.....they both flew that night.

Next up will be the missed for the above categories!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Last edited by DizNee Luver; 08-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #1293
DizNee Luver

These are the things we missed.

DIDN'TS:

Entertainment~~

Dapper Dans.....I didn't see them ONCE the entire trip......I don't know if I wasn't around Main Street during the times they were there.....or they were on vacation....lol

Flag Retreat.....Really disappointed that this didn't work out in our schedule. The only problem with doing 2 meals was having the late breakfast & early dinners......that is why I missed going to this.

Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party....this was offered on Friday & Saturday evenings & these were the 2 days we weren't doing Disney days.

Laughing Stock Co.....once when we were passing thru Frontierland....I saw this troupe out & performing, but we were on a mission...so no time to stop & watch.

Character Meet-Ups~~

Minnie Mouse at her house in ToonTown.....we could have done this on our early entry....but after the twins reaction to Mickey....we decided not to try.

Critter Country.....I can't believe we didn't do this. The first time we had taken Addy to this...she cried when she saw Pooh Bear (she was that in love with him). How she allowed us NOT to go is shocking. I feel horrible we didn't do this!!

Shows/Parades~~

TLT Dance Club at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Partly the reason we missed this is by choice. It's usually just loud & no one is wanting to sit & watch.

Next post will be the DID's on the rides!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #1294
DizNee Luver

These are the Disneyland rides & attractions that we DID get to:

DIDS:

Main Street~~

Horseless Carriage....finally rode on one of the Main Street Vehicles this trip. I'm usually pushing a stroller, but when I was without the twins....I was able to get on & ride it up Main Street.

Omnibus.....got a 2nd opportunity to ride one of the vehicles.

Musical Chairs at Coke Corner.....so glad I had read about this opportunity on the DIS. Anthony & Addy had a blast playing this with Alice, The Mad Hatter & the Red Queen.

New Orleans Square~~

Haunted Mansion.....rode this once on the day Michelle & Zoe joined us.

Pirates of the Caribbean.....rode this multiple times. Ruined my brand new white capris the first day on this ride.....lol

Frontierland~~

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.....rode this as many times as I could!! My favorite ride in both parks!!

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.....I sat & chatted with Michelle as the kids ran all over the island.

The Golden Horseshoe Saloon......we went in here when we watched the Billy Hill & the Hillbillies show.

Critter Country~~

Nothing.....Nada.....Zilch.....Zip (I already hear the groans that I missed Splash Mtn)

Adventureland~~

Indiana Jones....rode this I believe on the first day & never made it back to ride again.

Jungle Cruise.....love the Skippers on this ride....funny stuff!! I actually thought they had slowed it down a bit. I've noticed during our Spring Break trips that we just fly thru & can't get any pics....but this time, it didn't seem as rushed.

Mickey's ToonTown~~

Mickey's House......during the twins meet up with Mickey.....but only saw a very small portion of the house before you exit out.

Tomorrowland~~

Space Mountain.....got to ride this multiple times during our trip. Actually took my last ride & kept my arms up for the entire ride!!!

Fantasyland~~

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.....Really fun to watch the kids get transformed & also get pampered. I had just as much fun as they did!!

Small World.....our first ride as a family on day one. Classic ride!!

King Arthur Carrousel.....took the twins, Addy & Anthony on for a ride.

Mad Tea Party......did this ride twice. The twins loved this ride.....they love to spin!!

Matterhorn Bobsleds.....Rode this once on our trip.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.....hadn't been on this one since 2005....but made sure I got on it during our Magic Morning.

Peter Pan.....our first ride every trip....but this one!! We did ride it first on our Magic Morning.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey......can't remember the last time I rode this. Probably when Mike & I stopped in 1984 but could be as long as my childhood.

Sleeping Beauty Walk-Thru.....didn't do this last year, but did get thru it this trip.

Snow White's Scary Adventure.....same as Pinocchio....not sure the last time I rode this.

So I did get to all of these......it looks like a lot....but wait until you see the didn'ts coming up next!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #1295
DizNee Luver

As promised....the things I missed (as I sit here kicking myself over a number of these)

DIDN'TS:

Main Street~~

Disneyland Railroad!!! Can you believe I didn't get on the railroad ONCE this trip?! I can't.....grumble, grumble....

Main Street Cinema....didn't step inside this time & I know they were showing a nostalgic clips from opening day.

Fire Engine.....didn't ride this Main Street Vehicle (or get into the Fire House)

Horse-Drawn Carriage....missed this one as well.

Disney Gallery.....LOVED this when it was above the POTC & was looking forward to it reopening in it's new location & then I missed it!

Great Moment's with Mr. Lincoln.....yup....I missed this too!! Was looking forward to this reopening....I know I was a child when I last saw this (or maybe I've never seen it.....hmmmmm)

New Orleans Square~~

Think I'm good here!!

Frontierland~~

Frontierland Shootin' Exposition.....missed this by choice....have no interest in carnival type games (or guns)

Mark Twain Riverboat....Betty & Tyler did this....but I never took a trip around the Rivers of America.

Sailing Ship Columbia....Mike took Betty, Anthony & Addy on this....but I was on baby duty at the motel....so never got on myself.

Big Thunder Ranch....have yet to take the kids back to this.

Critter Country~~

Splash Mountain!!! I wouldn't say I missed this.....lol I've only been on this once & hated it!! I was soaked after the first corner & it just got worse from there. I hate drops &getting wet, so I would have to be super hot to want to ride this again.

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes......no interest in paddling myself around the river....lol

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.....don't know how we missed this. Addy & Anthony love this ride & the twins would probably have liked it as well!

Adventureland~~

Enchanted Tiki Room.....I am sooooo sad I missed this & missed the twins first time in it. I also missed not getting my Dole Whip!

Tarzan's Treehouse....I waited for the kids on the ground....but avoided the heights & didn't go explore this time.

Mickey's ToonTown~~

Chip-n-Dale's Treehouse.....sat by it, but didn't go inside & look around.

Donald's Boat.....watched the kids go explore but didn't go in.

Gadget's Go-Coaster.....watched the kids ride but didn't ride.

Goofy's Playhouse....the kids played here for a bit & the twins did as well one time....but stayed on the outside & took some pics.

Mickey's House.....didn't really do the tour of the entire house & studio.

Minnie's House....didn't go in & tour it this trip.

Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin......everyone rode this but me (and the twins)

Tomorrowland~~

Astro Orbitor.....I have NEVER been on this ride.....not sure why??

Autopia.....somehow we were able to keep Anthony from going on this....he loves it but he's about the only one.....lol

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters......I'm the only one that didn't do this ride.....I'm not a huge fan & last year it broke down for about 5 mins with the noise, noise, noise going off as we sat.

Finding Nemo.....or as my family calls it.....LAME-O. Didn't ride it last year (claustophobia) & was told I didn't miss a thing....so we didn't even slow down by this one.

Captain EO......missed it!! Was going to try & see it, because I've never seen it before....but it just didn't work out.

Innoventions......I have YET to make it inside this building....I'm not sure why I avoid it so....but I just haven't been drawn to it.

Starcade......video games?? No thanx!

Star Tours......really mad at myself that I didn't stand in the long line on the 26th....the last day it was open!!

Fantasyland~~

Alice in Wonderland....it got closed down about 5 days before our trip....bummer!! We all like this one!

Casey Jr. Train....was disappointed this was closed during Magic Morning. I think Mike got the twins on this earlier in the trip.

Dumbo......I stayed on the ground & took pictures.....can't remember why I did that....but I'm ok with it.

Storybookland Canal Boats.....another one that wasn't open during our Magic Morning....so we just never got around to riding this.

Well that's Disneyland hits & misses!! I'll post later about California Adventure's yea's & nays.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #1296
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Honestly you didn't miss anything on the Disney Gallery. I was very disappointed in it. I felt that it was just an expensive souvenir shop. With fancy designer Disney shirts and expensive picture books.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #1297
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Honestly you didn't miss anything on the Disney Gallery. I was very disappointed in it. I felt that it was just an expensive souvenir shop. With fancy designer Disney shirts and expensive picture books.
I still love to look & say to myself.....If I could just win the lottery......lol

Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #1298
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I still love to look & say to myself.....If I could just win the lottery......lol
You an me both....

Oddest thing. I went out to my mail today and lo and behold there was a Family Fun magazine. Now I wondered why, and then I read the label. It is because of my AP. Nice to get a surprise.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #1299
DizNee Luver

Quote:
You an me both....

Oddest thing. I went out to my mail today and lo and behold there was a Family Fun magazine. Now I wondered why, and then I read the label. It is because of my AP. Nice to get a surprise.
Huh.....I have an AP & have been paying for mine......but hooray for you!!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #1300
DizNee Luver

Moving on to California Adventure. Here are the things we did do.

DID

Entertainment~~

Drawn to the Magic......this is the only entertainment thing we made it to. Anthony got picked to go on stage which made it that more fun for us.

Character Meet Ups~~

Lightning McQueen & Mater.....we did this while we were taking turns riding Soarin'.

Shows/Parades~~

World of Color....did the dining package thru Ariel's Grotto.....Excellent meal followed by a Fantastic show.....Disney went all out on this one!!

Glow Fest....We didn't actually "attend" this.....we walked on the Hollywood Backlot area & watched for about 2 minutes before leaving. The dancers reminded me of the girls on Laugh-In.....lol

Next will be the things we missed.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #1301
DizNee Luver

These are the things we missed at California Adventure.

DIDN'TS:

Entertainment~~

Playhouse Disney.....what a terrible mom I am for missing this with Addy & the twins......heavy sigh!

High School Musical 3.....didn't really MISS this......lol

Miner 49er's......got a pic of them as I passed by....but didn't really get to hear them play.

Mariachi Divas......didn't see them at all....but also didn't get down to the that part of Golden State.

Operation Playtime with the Green Army Men......I think it was Tyler that saw them in passing & snapped a couple pics.....I never saw them at all.

Character Meet Ups~~

Hollywood Pictures Backlot......didn't see even ONE character when we were there.....we were in that area for a few hours too!

Koda & Kenai.....we saw them walking past us.....but we never got into the Redwood Creek Challenge Area.

Bountiful Valley Farms......didn't see anything going on when we passed by.

Mickey Mouse just past Ariel's Grotto.......loved the gazebo in Kelly's pictures & he was there when we went by.....but the line was sooooo long....we decided not to stop. I never did get back over to get pics of the gazebo all decorated up for the World of Color!!

Shows/Parades~~

Aladdin, the Musical.....I can't believe I didn't go see this!!! I love this production & with the threats of it being replaced....this was high on my "must do" list this trip......it just NEVER happened!

Pixar Play Parade.....I have yet see the entire parade. We've watched the last 2 years....the first year the Ratatouille part was missing.....last year the Incredibles part was missing.....this year it was on the schedule but things changed & we never saw it.

Next up will be the rides/attractions....the DID IT list!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #1302
DizNee Luver

Here is the list of attractions/rides we did in California Adventure.

DIDS:

Hollywood Pictures Backlot~~

Monster's Inc.......I like this ride.....Boo is so darned cute!!

Muppet Vision 3D......We all love this 3D movie......I've always been a fan of the muppets....so this is always a must!!

A Bugs Land~~

Bountiful Valley Farm......water play area.....we watched Anthony & Addy get drenched & got an occasional misting ourselves.

Heimlich's Chew Chew......I ride this just for the smells.

Paradise Pier~~

California Screamin'......I got on this twice. Neither time the music worked......I like having the music going so I know where I am in the ride.

Golden State~~

Soarin' Over California.....we finally got on this one the last day.....nothing like waiting till the end to get on a ride we all love.

Grizzly River Run.....love this one.....just don't like the getting wet part. I rode this once....but know the others rode it multiple times.

Next up will be the lengthy list of Didn'ts.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #1303
DizNee Luver

Well I missed a lot at California Adventure this trip....here are the attractions/rides I didn't do.

DIDN'TS:

Hollywood Pictures Backlot~~

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.....I choose not to ride this one.....just not a fan of the drops.

Disney Animation.....we didn't even step foot in the building this trip....and this is one of my favorite places. So no Turtle Talk (still haven't been to this), No animation academy (which I talked about quite a bit before we left for this trip), No trips into the Beast's library or the voice over area.....no watching the movie clips in the big rotunda area.....etc.

A Bugs Land~~

It's Tough to be a Bug......we've never gone to this....I hate bugs!!

Flik's Flyers.....Mike & Anthony & Addy rode this.

Francis' Ladybug Boogie......again the 3 of them rode.

Tuck & Roll's Drive em Buggies......too long of a line....otherwise they would have rode this one as well.

Princess Dot's Puddle Park.....figured the kids were wet enough!! lol

Paradise Pier~~

Toy Story Midway Mania WHAT??? You didn't ride their newest ride that is way cool & you have the Wii version of it at home???? Are you crazy?? Yup....we are.....can't believe we didn't get to this.....the kids are still upset with us over that!

Maliboomer.....thanx but no thanx! Enough said!

Mickey's Fun Wheel.....very pretty all lit up at night....but with a huge fear of heights....this is one ride you won't find me on.

Mulholland Madness.....rode this once & thought I was going to fall out or tip off the tracks (I know....that's what it's supposed to feel like).....hated it!! So haven't been near it since 2005!

Silly Symphony Swings.....took pictures but didn't feel the need to ride it.

Golden Zephyr.....haven't been on this one....probably for the same reason I haven't been on Astro Orbitor.....rockets aren't my thing???

King Triton's Carousel.....Mike got Anthony & Addy on this while we were taking turns on California Screamin'.

Jumpin' Jellyfish.....never been on it & the kids have never asked to ride it.

SS Rustworthy......I don't think we've ever stopped & looked at this.....probably should one of these trips!

Games of the Boardwalk......NO THANX!

Golden State~~

Redwood Creek Challenge....we've only done this once & Anthony got lost. Sent me into a total panic.....Mike had come out of there with him & next thing he knew....Anthony was gone. The CM's were awesome & on the radios within seconds. He had wandered back into the challenge area.....silly kid!!

Blue Sky Cellar......Mike got me some great pictures last year from here & since I didn't go in last time.....I would this time......I didn't.......

Mission Tortilla Factory......missed it!

Boudin Bakery Tour......missed it!

Just so many things I didn't get to this trip. A few by choice....but a lot of things I'm just kicking myself over now. We had 6 days & you would think that would have been plenty of time to see & do everything I wanted.....but this trip was just at a strange pace for me & getting to 3 or 4 things in a day seemed almost like work. I love POTC....but I was tired of riding it.....that seemed to be one of the rides that kept getting repeated....often! I love Space Mountain...but that too seemed to be one of the repeat rides we did a lot. Never can ride BTMRR too many times.....but what happened to all the others we enjoy??

I never have regrets on these trips....but this time I kinda did. I will be very upset if Aladdin is gone by the time we go again. I'm upset I didn't take the time to view the grounds at the DLH once more....as I knew major changes were coming. I'm sorry I didn't take my kids to Playhouse Disney or the Winnie the Pooh ride.

Lots of wonderful & good memories....but so many more were there for the taking & we somehow missed the opportunity. There's always next time....but when will "next time" be??

Yup....I'm melancholy now......sorry!

Looking forward to my photopass CD to come in so I can post a bit more to this report!! I thank all of you that have followed along.....please check back for the new pics later this week!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #1304
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Huh.....I have an AP & have been paying for mine......but hooray for you!!
Maybe it is something new. It is kind of fun to get something I didn't expect although my kids are kind of past their focus. I do like their recipes.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #1305
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

I love the pics of the Jelly Belly meet up. How fun!

I loved your report! I have to say you took the trip of my dreams! I am so glad you shared all your pics. I've been to Disneyland many, many times because I grew up in CA, and we've had APs many times. But I have never done as much as you have. All those activities and meals and shopping. How wonderful.

Sadly with four kids there is no way we could EVER afford to do all you did. Thank-you for taking such detailed photos and notes so we could go along with you. (much cheaper for me this way!! LOL!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: