Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

I had this dream once, now I'm living it....

Well here we are just 2 days away from our trip. I thought I'd start my trip report now because ....well ok I just can't wait.

The Cast:
Janelle: One hard working single mommy
Son: Ayden, a little boy that deserves this trip more than anything
Chris: My significant other of 7 months that belived in me enough to make this trip possible
Geneen: my sister, Mom to 3 that has family trips to Disney every year
Gavin: My brother in law...keeps the crew in line
Nicole: My 14 year old niece that I will be getting on Space Mountain this year
Gavin Jr: My 11 year old nephew...loves the big rides and is my "buddy"
Bailey: 6, Nephew full of energy and attitude

Below are pictures of my sister and her family from a few years ago...
and a picture of Chris, Ayden and I the night we completed our chain countdown...it looks funny now that there are 3 rings.

This will be my first year since graduating High School in 1993.
This trip was just a distant thought in December. We talked about going when I got my tax money but being a single mom I thought there was no way I could have done this. I still catch myself asking "WHAT ARE YOU DOING"...but in all honesty, we're doing pretty well right now and I"m not the least bid worried about not being able to "afford" all I want to do. Besides that....I think once you're in the gate, who cares about money, you're there, the happiest place on earth. Can't get much better than that can it?
My son is beside himself....we watch the Disneyland Sing Along video at least 3 times a day. He has the songs and the dances memorized. More later on my hopes for the trip. This girl is off to get an eyebrow wax.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Great start to your TR! You all are going to have so much fun!

I look forward to reading more when you get back!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #3
twinmama1999
Earning My Ears

Have a wonderful trip!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
tracer
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time and maybe we'll see you there. I'll check back on your TR when we get back
Old 03-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
MommyWithDreams

Well the bags are packed and we're ready to go...Less than 10 hours our plane leaves! Packing was a nightmare.....I know I overpacked but I'd rather overpack than underpack. This is the first time I've had to pack a weeks worth of clothes for a toddler too......
I can't believe it.........the trip is here, it really truly is here. I want to go to sleep now just so the morning comes quicker.
Thanks to all the Dis'ers for all the help and tips and advice during my months of planning. I'll be back 3/17. Have a MAGICAL week!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
MommyWithDreams

Guess who is sadly home? Why is it always so hard to leave there? I mean I'm seriously just feeling depressed tonight being back at home and I can't stop looking at my pictures. Trip report is coming!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 AM   #7
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Guess who is sadly home? Why is it always so hard to leave there? I mean I'm seriously just feeling depressed tonight being back at home and I can't stop looking at my pictures. Trip report is coming!!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Hope you update soon!
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
ozbrooke
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear your trip report!

Looking forward to Hong Kong Disneyland September 2009

DL 1986
WDW 1993
Disney Cruise 2001
DL AP holder 2002 (Jack attended in utero )
Disneyland April 2006
ozbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Pooh0200
Earning My Ears

I love trip reports can't wait to hear about your trip
Old 03-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #10
MommyWithDreams

Ok so here I go with pictures and more details on our trip report.

Our flight leaves at 9:40 am so we're up and at em by 6am. Never was so happy to hear that alarm go off!!! My son did GREAT on his first airplane ride. He insisted on the window and loved the take off. We were there in no time. Our shuttle was waiting...58 bucks for a party of 8, can't beat that. We were at our hotel Desert Inn & Suites within 15 minutes. The ash from the fire that was in the hills was everywhere....made for a grim looking Southern Ca. It was pretty warm that day....high 80's.

We arrive to our Hotel and neither my sister and her familys room nor ours were ready. We were early so I wasn't too suprised. Check in was 3 and we were there by 12:30. The front desk staff, so rude and acted like it hurt for them to talk. He mumbled something about lockers past the pool. Seriously though, they were so unprofessional and acted like they hated working with "tourists". Oh well.....our room was nice. It was all the way in the back on the 3rd floor. Room was nice size for just a standard room. Only complaint was the white gross dried stuff on the comforter on my sons bed. No idea what it was but I toss the comforters on any hotel bed on the floor as soon as I pull the sheets back anyway.
So we're only at the Hotel but my son was pretty darn excited to just see a statue of Mickey

We headed right over to Downtown Disney for lunch. I loved it! I havn't been to DL since 93 so CA and the downtown disney district were all new to me. Nothing too spectacular, it's just an outdoor shopping mall but it was really nice and still felt like we were in Disneyland. We had lunch at Rainforest..only a 20 minute wait ...not too bad for lunch time on a sunday. My son Ayden was already tired since he went without a nap that day. I wanted him to get to bed early that night since we were hitting the park early the next morning. He did pretty well though.....he was in heaven.
We went to build a bear and loved stuffing his own bear. Mommy had her first tearful moment when he was holding the heart and closed his eyes to make a wish. I just love this picture....I wonder what he was really thinking.

He loved the disney store too....so did mommy. We knew what ears we were getting in the park the next day.

We had dinner at the tortilla place. I can't remember the name. The chicken tacos were really bland ..but the nachos were good. The line took forever.....it was just a taste though of what we were expecting the next day at the park when it came to lines.
We headed back to our hotel so we could watch the fireworks from the viewing deck. The viewing deck is nothing great but we still could see the fireworks. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with them from where we were.......but from inside the park on friday...that's a whole other story. More to come on that later. So straight to bed after that so we could wake up early for Disneyland the next morning.

Monday 3/12...We thought Main Street was open an hour before the park too so we were there by 8:15 when the park opened at 9. We didn't get in until about 8:45..
Right inside the gate we went to City Hall and got my boyfriend Chris his birthday button and my son his 1st visit button. Chris got birthday wishes from almost all the cast members, so that was really nice. As for my son...only ONE mention about his and that was when Pluto pointed at it on Thursday at Goofy's Kitchen. It was kinda weird to see so much attention on the birthday buttons but those that were first time visitors that were KIDS were really no big deal. Maybe that was just with us though. I kept my fingers crossed though that it would pay off though since every morning of the trip when I got my son dressed he insisted on his button. Even did today and we're home.

So enter the gate and guess who we see....PLUTO!! Our first character!! I was really nervous about how my son would be with the characters. He can be VERY shy and nervous around things like that. He did great though....another tearful mommy moment. Needless to say though I had to be in EVERY character picture with him...but that was ok, he always handed the character his autograph book and did smile from ear to ear in each picture. The only one he refused to get a picture with was a pirate, but mommy did that. None with Captain Jack though...everytime we got in line to see him he was leaving. Just my luck.

More on our first day at Disney to come....with trust me TONS more pictures
Old 03-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Loving it so far! Cute pics!
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #12
godalejunior
DIS Veteran

You are getting me teary-eyed too, I guess that is what Mom's do. Can't wait to read more. Also, do the stores on Main Street open early, before the park? We won't have EE this time so I wouldn't mind doing some shopping while we are waiting for rope drop.
godalejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
MommyWithDreams

Yep they were open early. I still don't know why it took us so long to be let in. Maybe it's not open an entire hour early. I'm sure someone can fill us in more on that. We did our EE on tuesday. What kind of tics do you have? If you have anything more than 3 day hoppers one day you can choose to have EE.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
godalejunior
DIS Veteran

We upgraded our hoppers in Feb. to Deluxe AP's, so unless we stay onsite (staying at the Tropicana this trip) we are out of luck. I will miss EE though since we used it on our last trip and it really was nice for Fantasyland and the umpteen times we rode Buzz.
This trip we are going to focus more on things we did not get to last time like Aladdin, the parades, Tiki Room, etc.
godalejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
MommyWithDreams

I hear ya...even with 5 day hopper passes, we still missed out on so much. With a 3 year old we took it at a very leisure pace, it was perfect for his first trip and gives us an excuse to go back again

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: