Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #106
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Gracious! I got two installments behind. Don't think I'm ignoring you....I've ignored my own trip report too.

You've got some counter service restaurants on your list that we want to try....specifically Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House. In all of our trips to Disney World, we never eaten at either one. Like you, we want to try something new this trip. We aren't very adventurous eaters though and tend to eat the same thing every year.

John has ordered the orange chicken and rice from the counter service place in China (can't remember the name of the restaurant) and said it was pretty good. The only complaint he had was he would have liked more of the orange juicy stuff on his rice.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #107
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Sweet! Am I first?? It's --> Mufasa in Lion King

Love that movie
Woot!! You are correct!!! and first too!! Great job!! It's such a great movie!! I actually haven't seen it in a while....I may have to pull it out this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great quotes! I haven't sat through all of Ratatouille, but DH & DS6 have watched it several times.

I definitely would have guessed Finding Nemo for yesterday's first quote. Too bad I didn't see it yesterday...

Wouldn't have guessed the second one from yesterday - maybe with the hint.

As far as today's... Hmmm... Not sure, maybe The Lion King? (the quote makes me think outdoors & kings...)
Hi Amy,

My boys love Ratatouille, especially my youngest. It's such a cute movie!!

Yup, you are right on today's question!!! YAY! Great job!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #108
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Gracious! I got two installments behind. Don't think I'm ignoring you....I've ignored my own trip report too.

You've got some counter service restaurants on your list that we want to try....specifically Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House. In all of our trips to Disney World, we never eaten at either one. Like you, we want to try something new this trip. We aren't very adventurous eaters though and tend to eat the same thing every year.

John has ordered the orange chicken and rice from the counter service place in China (can't remember the name of the restaurant) and said it was pretty good. The only complaint he had was he would have liked more of the orange juicy stuff on his rice.
Hi Lisa!!

As you know we are definitely not adventurous eaters either!! However...with being on the QSDP last April, I tried to find places that didn't serve just the typical burgers and fries. We were so happy with Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House!! We want to go back again this trip but we also want to throw in a few new places as well.

The orange chicken and rice sounds really good. We love Chinese food so the CS place in China would probably be a good fit for us. I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what we feel like while we are wandering around the WS.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #109
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Lisa!!

As you know we are definitely not adventurous eaters either!! However...with being on the QSDP last April, I tried to find places that didn't serve just the typical burgers and fries. We were so happy with Wolfgang Puck Express and Columbia Harbour House!! We want to go back again this trip but we also want to throw in a few new places as well.

The orange chicken and rice sounds really good. We love Chinese food so the CS place in China would probably be a good fit for us. I guess we'll just play it by ear and see what we feel like while we are wandering around the WS.
I want to try new places too but I fear we'll end up at the same places.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #110
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want to try new places too but I fear we'll end up at the same places.
We do that a lot in Epcot!! Every trip I say that I want to try someplace new in the WS but it seems like we always head back to the Liberty Inn for burgers and fries. I don't why we do it...especially when there are so many other great places to eat. I guess it just becomes easier than trying to figure out what everyone wants. That's why I'm hoping with a little planning maybe we can finally try something new this trip!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #111
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
We do that a lot in Epcot!! Every trip I say that I want to try someplace new in the WS but it seems like we always head back to the Liberty Inn for burgers and fries. I don't why we do it...especially when there are so many other great places to eat. I guess it just becomes easier than trying to figure out what everyone wants. That's why I'm hoping with a little planning maybe we can finally try something new this trip!!
Same here. We spend two days at Epcot. On one of those days, we eat at Electric Umbrella. On the second day, we stop in Liberty Inn. Man, we are boring!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #112
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Touring Plans--Day 1 & some pics of POP!!

Yesterday's trivia answer is..............--Mufasa from the Lion King!!

Congrats MickeyMom and DisMomAmy!!!! Great job!

Touring Plans!!

Day 1/Arrival Day

So, the plan is to get up bright and early on April 12th, of course I will have everything packed. Yes...I know we are still 2 months away but I must admit I have been occasionally throwing things in the suitcases here and there. It's winter here...it's not like we are going to be using those shorts and t-shirts anytime soon.

The Plan--We'll probably grab something quick for breakfast so we can leave at 8:00am at the very latest. It takes about 3 hours to get to Syracuse,NY from our house so that should put us there around 11:00am or so depending on the traffic and weather. We'll stop somewhere for lunch...hmmm not sure where yet? Then we'll head over to the airport around 12:30pm. Our flight leaves at 2:30pm. It's only about a 2 1/2 hour flight so we should be arriving in Orlando around 5:00pm. We'll head to the DME counter and be on our way to Pop Century!!

I will probably do online check-in again this trip. We have been very happy with it on our last 2 trips. Everything has always been ready when we got there. I am also going to call and request the 50's section this time. We've never stayed in this section before but have stayed in all the rest.

After we check-in, we'll probably grab something to eat from the food court. Then I don't really have anything planned for the night. I thought we could just hang around the resort, maybe do the arcade, some shopping, swimming or whatever. We just want to take it slow so we are all rested for our first park day....Epcot!!

Here are a few pictures that I have taken at Pop Century. I think most of them are from our 2008 trip, but a few may be from last year. It really is a fun resort....especially for kids!! There is so much to see! The boys love it!!

Okay, I'll stop here....as you can tell I took a ton of pictures at Pop and this is only a quarter of them. I'll try and post some more as we get closer to the trip.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #113
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same here. We spend two days at Epcot. On one of those days, we eat at Electric Umbrella. On the second day, we stop in Liberty Inn. Man, we are boring!
Too funny!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #114
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

YAY for pictures of POP!!! I miss it, lol.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #115
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you've got the leaving day planned out just right. I wish I could find cheap airfare so we could fly. I search and search every year and the cheapest I have found is over $350 a person. I just can't make myself pay almost a third of what our entire 10 day trip cost on airfare.

I love the pictures of Pop. We visited the resort in 2008 and thought it was just so cute. I actually had our 2009 vacation booked for Pop. But, when we found out that Lacey was coming along, John was worried we'd be too cramped with four in a room. And, we moved back to the CBR.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #116
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I stayed at Pop Century for a long weekend with my mom in 2008. It was a fun resort!

I think you have the right idea to just hang around the resort & get settled so you are ready for your first park morning.

By the way... I do the same thing with the box in the corner of the bedroom. I won't need sunscreen before our trip, no harm in putting it in the box, right?
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #117
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Love all the POP pictures! We've never made it over there, but I think my boys would love all of the icons. Maybe this next trip we'll head over for a stroll one day! Great 1st day plans
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #118
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Yeah! It's always fun to see other people's pictures of resorts! We stayed at POP in 2007 and I wish we would have spent more time walking around the whole resort and checking things out! LOVE the pics Angie, your sons are too stinkin' cute!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #119
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh shoot, did I miss another trivia?! Darn!

Love the pictures from Pop. We've never stayed there but it looks like it's a fun place to stay. I still always wonder why they never finished it though.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: