Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #61
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm glad you got a PIN code no matter how it arrived! Enogugh people have gotten them after saving ressies that it seems to work, I know I did it for DL recently and have gotten a couple as a result (or at least I assume so). So that's very very cool!

With 2 park days and one WP/DQ day wouldn't that be a 3 day ticket?

What time do you leave on your last day? I can relate, you don't want to be stressed about leaving late and for me it would really depend on how much that extra day would cost to add to the ticket versus the cost of mini golf or whatever!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #62
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Congrats on 15 years!
Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for 75 days! That is so cool you are celebrating your anniversary too. Make sure you pick up some of the free anniversary buttons! Can't wait to see the F&GF pics.
Can't wait!! April can't get here fast enough!! I'm sooooo tired of snow!! UGH!!

I know...can't forget the anniversary buttons!! YAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Woo-Hoo! Only 75 Days!!

And a very happy 15th Anniversary to you and your hubby! Jeff and I will celebrate 18 this August. What a blessing to have such a long and happy marriage...especially by today's standards! And with us Disney freaks no less!

Can't wait to see what you decide for countdown calendars...I'm sure they'll be adorable!

Oh...and we have snow today...how about you?
Hey Missy!

Yes, it snowed today!! I knew it would be back! I'm not sure I'm so happy about that....but Nick is! He has a class field trip next week to go skiing!! He's very excited!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!! Congrats on 18 years!! That's wonderful!

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #63
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm glad you got a PIN code no matter how it arrived! Enogugh people have gotten them after saving ressies that it seems to work, I know I did it for DL recently and have gotten a couple as a result (or at least I assume so). So that's very very cool!

With 2 park days and one WP/DQ day wouldn't that be a 3 day ticket?

What time do you leave on your last day? I can relate, you don't want to be stressed about leaving late and for me it would really depend on how much that extra day would cost to add to the ticket versus the cost of mini golf or whatever!
From what I understand when you purchase a 2 day park ticket with the waterpark and more feature added on. It gives us two additional visits to one of the minor parks, such as TL, BB, DQ, or Disney's Wide World of Sports. They don't have to be used on your regular park days as long as they are used within the 14 day period. Since we have decided to do our WP/DQ on the same day it just means that we are using both of our "extra visits" together or on the same day instead of on different days.

Let's see...our plane leaves Orlando at 6:30 pm...and 3 hours back for DME. So, we would have to be back at Pop around 3:00pm at the very latest. I priced the cost of mini golf the other day and including the voucher that we get with our MYW tickets, it would be around $35 for all 4 of us. However, to add another park day it would cost us around $250 more. A big difference in price! Of course, it makes me really sad that we are going to miss 2 parks this time, especially since we missed DHS in August. It's just hard to justify that much more for about 4-5 hours in the park.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #64
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Why we love the Flower and Garden Festival w/pics!!

Good morning!! Well, I'm sitting here watching the snow fall outside and trying to stay warm. I thought it would be a perfect time to tell you or show you actually "Why we love being at Disney while the F&G Festival is going on. It really is beautiful and if you've never had the chance to visit during this time...I would definitely recommend it!! Here are some of the highlights that were announced for 2010 (found on the DIS)

# New this year! Community Garden - Come see Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy topiaries gardening in the special community garden. This garden represents the 2010 celebration "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day."
# New this year! American Gothic Mickey and Minnie
# New this year! Herbs and Vegetables Home Grown - Canada Pavilion - presented by Rainbird Corporation. Learn how to conserve water wisely.
# Green Garden – Learn how to create an environmentally friendly garden that doesn't use much water. Use native plants and recycle.
# Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden- Test Track Walkway- Topiaries of the fairies and play structures designed for kids 2-5.
# Minnie's Magnificent Butterfly Garden - Test Track Walkway - Presented by Disneynature - This area features colorful foliage with hundreds of free-flying butterflies.
# Pirates Adventure Zone – Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Croc topiaries will lure young swashbucklers to this interactive space designed for exploration and adventure.
# Cinderellabration - Cinderella's coronation day. Celebrate with the royal court in topiaries.
#The Garden Town Festival Center - Shop for festival merchandise, watch demonstrations, attend speaker presentations and speak to gardening expert

Here are some of our F&G pics from 2008. (I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.)

These are some pictures from our 2009 trip--

Up Next--ADR Update and the food!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #65
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I absolutely LOVE Epcot during the Flower & Garden Festival. I was so excited when I booked our vacation for May/June, 2010 because I thought we would catch the tail end of the festival. You can imagine how disappointed I was when they announced that it would end mid-May. I really wanted my mother to see how beautiful Epcot was during the festival.

Your pictures are so pretty.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #67
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Add me to those that are spoiled by the Flower and Garden Festival! You're so lucky to be going back when it's going on.

More snow here today too..UGH!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #68
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Love all of your Flower & Garden pictures. One day we will get there for it!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #69
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ahhhh, love all your pictures! We were there in '08 as well (and a few other times but that was before I even knew it was called the F&GF...I just thought there were a bunch of topiaries all over ). Can't wait to be there again this year. I'm excited for the Pixie Hollow garden! There was an article in the Disney Insider email about that.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #70
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie!! I'm loving you PTR so far!! Happy Anniversary!!

I love your countdown!! I've lost all but about 20 of my Mickey Heads so I can't start mine yet, lol.

Love Flower and Garden Festival! We'll be there right at the start!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #71
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
From what I understand when you purchase a 2 day park ticket with the waterpark and more feature added on. It gives us two additional visits to one of the minor parks, such as TL, BB, DQ, or Disney's Wide World of Sports. They don't have to be used on your regular park days as long as they are used within the 14 day period. Since we have decided to do our WP/DQ on the same day it just means that we are using both of our "extra visits" together or on the same day instead of on different days.

Let's see...our plane leaves Orlando at 6:30 pm...and 3 hours back for DME. So, we would have to be back at Pop around 3:00pm at the very latest. I priced the cost of mini golf the other day and including the voucher that we get with our MYW tickets, it would be around $35 for all 4 of us. However, to add another park day it would cost us around $250 more. A big difference in price! Of course, it makes me really sad that we are going to miss 2 parks this time, especially since we missed DHS in August. It's just hard to justify that much more for about 4-5 hours in the park.
Wow, I didn't know that, that is good to know. So theoretically if we do a water park I could probably shave a day off of my tickets....

hmmmnnn
Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #72
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I can't decide which one I love the best.... Donald and Daisy playing volleyball or Cinderella dancing with the Prince! They are ALL beautiful. I'm getting ahead of myself again but after this December trip, I really really want to go back when Fantasyland is done during the F&G Festival.

Thank you for posting them! It snowed here today too so this was perfect to cap off my night!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #73
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I absolutely LOVE Epcot during the Flower & Garden Festival. I was so excited when I booked our vacation for May/June, 2010 because I thought we would catch the tail end of the festival. You can imagine how disappointed I was when they announced that it would end mid-May. I really wanted my mother to see how beautiful Epcot was during the festival.

Your pictures are so pretty.
Hi Lisa!!

Ahh...that's too bad that they are ending it mid-may. I'm sure your mother would have loved seeing all the flowers. I'm hoping to bring my mom back for the F&G festival in a few years. She loves gardening and the flower and garden pictures are always the first ones she wants to see when we get back from our trips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I the F&G Festival!! Thanks for sharing your pictures - it's snowing here too so it's a GREAT day to get excited for warm weather & beautiful gardens!
I couldn't agree more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Add me to those that are spoiled by the Flower and Garden Festival! You're so lucky to be going back when it's going on.

More snow here today too..UGH!
Love the F&G Festival!! So happy to be going back!!

UGH!! It was snowy, windy and cold today! They say it's supposed to drop below zero tonight....brrrr....The boys are hoping it continues so they have a snow day tomorrow....me, not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Love all of your Flower & Garden pictures. One day we will get there for it!
Thanks!! You would love it!! It's so beautiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ahhhh, love all your pictures! We were there in '08 as well (and a few other times but that was before I even knew it was called the F&GF...I just thought there were a bunch of topiaries all over ). Can't wait to be there again this year. I'm excited for the Pixie Hollow garden! There was an article in the Disney Insider email about that.
Ahh...that's so funny about thinking that they just put a bunch of topiaries on display. I'm so excited to see the Pixie Hollow garden too!! Can't wait. Hey...I get those emails and I don't remember that one. I'll have to go back and find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Hi Angie!! I'm loving you PTR so far!! Happy Anniversary!!

I love your countdown!! I've lost all but about 20 of my Mickey Heads so I can't start mine yet, lol.

Love Flower and Garden Festival! We'll be there right at the start!
I'm so happy you joined in!! Ahh...thanks for the anniversary wishes!! We love the F&G Festival!!! (as I'm sure you can tell) I see you have a PTR going...I'm on my way to check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wow, I didn't know that, that is good to know. So theoretically if we do a water park I could probably shave a day off of my tickets....

hmmmnnn
Exactly......Would you just be doing one water park? I think admission to one water park is around $42 adult and $35 for kids for one day. But, adding the water park and more option is around $53 dollars and it gives you the same amount of days as your base MYW ticket. 7 days = 7 extra WP&M entries. A great deal...but if you are only planning one day then I would probably stick with just the one day ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I can't decide which one I love the best.... Donald and Daisy playing volleyball or Cinderella dancing with the Prince! They are ALL beautiful. I'm getting ahead of myself again but after this December trip, I really really want to go back when Fantasyland is done during the F&G Festival.

Thank you for posting them! It snowed here today too so this was perfect to cap off my night!
Hi Tracy!!

Ahh...I know it's so hard to decide. I think Cinderella dancing with the Prince is probably my favorite. You should really try and go....the pictures don't do it justice. There is just so much to see!!

I'm so excited to see Fantasyland when it's all done. When are they supposed to start? I can't remember?

Glad I was able to bring a little flowers and sunshine to your day.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #74
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm so excited to see Fantasyland when it's all done. When are they supposed to start? I can't remember?
I don't know when its going to start actually. I've been wondering if it will be closed off when we go -- that would not be good but I guess it seems likely. Fantasyland is Ariana's favorite place in the entire world.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #75
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I don't know when its going to start actually. I've been wondering if it will be closed off when we go -- that would not be good but I guess it seems likely. Fantasyland is Ariana's favorite place in the entire world.
Hmmm....I was reading an article today that said that construction was supposed to start sometime this year and that the existing Fantasyland would not be affected during the expansion and all the rides are supposed to stay open. Good news!! The only thing that's moving is Dumbo.... but it didn't say when? It's only Toontown that would probably be closed off.

Ahhh...I can tell from all your wonderful pictures that Fantasyland is Ariana's favorite place. She's going to love the new Fantasyland with all the new princess stuff!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: