Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #46
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I think your plans sound great, but I have to confess I'm having a little trouble getting over the 2 hour drive to Target! We have 3 Targets within a 20 minute drive (all in different directions.) I guess that is what happens when you live in the middle of the suburbia that is the Baltimore Washington corridor.

Back to business. I see your point about skipping the parks on your last day. A character meal and minature golf sounds like fun to me. The mini golf is over by the Boardwalk area so you could also walk around there. It would also save you some moolah not to add that extra day to your ticket. It isn't like adding a 7th day which is basically nothing. Adding on a 3rd day is still the big bucks. Sorry I have no ideas for countdown charts. I'm just boring and write the number of days on my calendar.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:21 AM   #47
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Your schedule looks great Angie! I would love to try one of the min golf courses! I too am trying to think of a fun countdown. My friend and neighbor has one of the Cricuts, she has the Mickey heads and Disney font. She also has the Princess and Cars cartridge, but I think for the countdown I am going to stick with Mickey! I am either going to do a 50 or 30 day countdown. I know Gabe will get really into it and if he is then Helen will too! Great finds at Target and Old Navy!! Don't you just love January Clearance sales!!!! Can't wait to hear what you decide for your last day!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #48
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I can't wait to hear what countdown ideas you get. Ours was a calendar we crossed off every night and I'd love to borrow an idea for something different.
I'm excited to read some countdown ideas too! I know that there is one using the Mickey heads at Home Depot and I was actually going to try it for last trip but just never got over there to get any. Besides, I can't seem to find the thread that I saw the calendar on. I'll have to do some searching today!
Quote:
Your itinerary looks great! Love the relaxing travel day. You can't beat it and the Pop has so much to do.... it's nice to ease into things. Your Epcot day sounds good too -- you will love Illuminations!
I agree...Pop does have a lot to do!!!! There is so much to see, I don't think that after 3 visits we've seen everything yet! The boys enjoyed our scavenger hunt so much last time. I'm thinking of doing it again. Hmmm....I just need to think of a whole new list. There are certainly enough things to find at Pop!!
Can't wait for Illuminations!! So excited!! It's one of the things I am looking most forward to this trip!!
Quote:
For your water park/DTD/DQ day, have you considered that Blizzard Beach has the miniature golf right there? And I can't remember if you've tried Wolfgang Puck in DTD but I'd recommend it if you haven't! We went to their TS but I've heard great things about the CS too.
Thanks for the idea about the miniature golf being right next to BB. I had forgotten that. Hmm....That may be something to consider instead of doing it on our last day. Love Wolfgang Puck CS in DTD!! We visited last April! The food was so yummy and because they bring the food to you. It feels like you are actually eating at a TS restaurant! Right now, we are trying to decide between there and Earl of Sandwich? Have you eaten there before? I can't remember from your TR?
Quote:
I've never gone during Spring Break but we've never taken breaks during EMH days in the parks, and I've not really noticed a difference in crowds. I'd plan to go for the day and like you said, people watch or go to TSI if you need a break. I've also heard really great things about the Contempo Cafe CS in the Contemporary Resort. You'd be leaving the park but its just a short monorail ride over and back and would be a nice relaxing thing to do.
I really like the idea of the EMH on our Magic Kingdom day. We were able to do so much that morning. I guess I shouldn't underestimate the boys and assume they need to go back to the resort and just play it by ear this trip. There seems to be lots of places to rest around MK and what a good idea about hopping on the monorail to eat at the CS place at the CR. It just might be the break that we need!!
Quote:
Too funny about Target. I'm in southern Ontario so it takes me 2 hours to get to one too! Yay for the journals!!! Wii fit -- sigh, good idea.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has to drive 2 hours to get to Target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hey again Angie!

First....love the plans! As far as the MK day goes, it IS spring break so you'll have to keep crowds in mind, but maybe just sitting on the dock on Tom Sawyer Island will be enough of a rest for you guys. It tends to be less crowded there and it's shady. With only one day, I know you'll want to get as much in as possible.
Hi Missy!! Yeah, that's what we were thinking. We've never been to TSI before although we have wanted to each trip. Since we always seem to leave the park after lunch there hasn't been enough time when we get back later on. Your TR makes it sound like so much fun! I'm sure the boys would love it!!!
Quote:
For your last day, I'd stick with your original plan. I hate to have to watch the clock at a park so we get back to the resort in time to make the DME bus. It's just not fun....take the time to enjoy the little time you do have!
I agree. Last trip, I kept thinking should we go on this? Should we do that? Will we have enough time? I do not like to rush and it was just too stressful. I was literally repacking our suitcases to make room for extra souvenirs we bought while we were sitting on the benches waiting for the DME to pull up. It was crazy!!!
Quote:
I am at your Hula Hoop champion comment! I am the *****puted Hula Hoop Champion here as well! Yee-Ha! I am also the ski jump champ, the marble game champ, and the bubble game (the one where you go down the river without popping it) champ! I am so competitive...if one of the boys beats my score I work hard to beat them back!
That's so funny, Missy!! You sound just like me! I'm super competitive!! I hate it when one of the boys beats me and just like you I keep practicing until I can get that higher score again!! I am also the ski jump champion!! I love that one!! Still working on the bubble game and marble game....Nick is really good at those!!
Quote:
Oh...a countdown idea. Have you thought of using the Mickey Heads from Home Depot to make a calendar...then you can put cool stuff on the back like trivia, etc and turn one over each day. There are some great ideas on here...do a search and see what you can find. We just do the chain, but you already have that one!
I had seen the Mickey Heads on another PTR. I can't remember which one?? It looked really cute!! I think I will search for that today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Angie! I'll be curious to see what ideas people have for countdowns. We did the Mickey head countdown last year - 30 or so days?? We put Disney themed stickers over the number on each Mickey head. We've done the garland thing too... the kids really love pulling off a ring each day. Not sure what we'll do this year, but we probably won't start until Easter. We only leave 18 days after Easter so I may end up starting it earlier, but I don't want the kids getting too wound up about it. I'll let them look forward to Easter then we can move on to Disney!!

I'm also anxious to see what you decide about the waterparks... I still haven't decided which waterpark we'll be visiting.
Hi Amy,
I like the stickers over the Mickey head countdown...hmmm. We usually put one countdown upstairs on the boys bedroom door and they do it each night before they go to bed and then when the trip gets much closer we put the chain in the kitchen and they love to pull it off before breakfast each morning!

Good idea about waiting so that your kids will be excited for Easter. We should do that. We always seem to go around Easter so I haven't really thought about it. I guess we just try and put away all our Disney excitement and just concentrate on the holiday at least for that day anyway.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #49
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I think your plans sound great, but I have to confess I'm having a little trouble getting over the 2 hour drive to Target! We have 3 Targets within a 20 minute drive (all in different directions.) I guess that is what happens when you live in the middle of the suburbia that is the Baltimore Washington corridor.

Back to business. I see your point about skipping the parks on your last day. A character meal and minature golf sounds like fun to me. The mini golf is over by the Boardwalk area so you could also walk around there. It would also save you some moolah not to add that extra day to your ticket. It isn't like adding a 7th day which is basically nothing. Adding on a 3rd day is still the big bucks. Sorry I have no ideas for countdown charts. I'm just boring and write the number of days on my calendar.
3 different Targets around!! Wow!! It's crazy that we have to drive 2 hours to get to Target, even Old Navy!! Sadly, the closest Disney Store is 3 hours from us. I guess that's what you get for living in such small town. Oh well....

If we were adding on to anything other than a 2 day pass, I wouldn't even hesitate but all that extra for such a small amount of time in the park is what's swaying me to stick with the last day being a non-park day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Your schedule looks great Angie! I would love to try one of the min golf courses! I too am trying to think of a fun countdown. My friend and neighbor has one of the Cricuts, she has the Mickey heads and Disney font. She also has the Princess and Cars cartridge, but I think for the countdown I am going to stick with Mickey! I am either going to do a 50 or 30 day countdown. I know Gabe will get really into it and if he is then Helen will too! Great finds at Target and Old Navy!! Don't you just love January Clearance sales!!!! Can't wait to hear what you decide for your last day!!!
Thanks, Beth!! The boys love to play miniature golf and unfortunately, there isn't very many places they can play it around here. I thought it might be something fun and different for us to do while we are down there.

I've wanted one of those of Cricuts! They look so cool! I'd stick with Mickey too!

Love January Clearance sales!!!! They are the best!! I used to sell on ebay and was able to get soooo much stuff and then resell it for a really good profit. Plus it's always a bonus when I can find great things for the boys. It's sad though....I think their closets are stuffed fuller than mine!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #50
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning Angie,

I, too, like the looks of your Itinerary. I know you'll hate to miss the opportunity to add another park to your day but I also know that you would be watching the clock all day wondering what you could squeeze in before having to leave.

We have never done the mini-putt at Disney but that's always something we say we are going to do. I'm anxious to see how you guys like it.

I have a picture of our Mickey Head countdown calendar in one of the first posts of my trip report. I took a large piece of poster board and made the 31 day calendar. Each day had a different Mickey head on it. In the top part, I printed off a picture of a Disney character to represent each one of us. It wasn't anything elaborate but it was a fun way to count down the days.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #51
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Morning Angie,

I, too, like the looks of your Itinerary. I know you'll hate to miss the opportunity to add another park to your day but I also know that you would be watching the clock all day wondering what you could squeeze in before having to leave.

We have never done the mini-putt at Disney but that's always something we say we are going to do. I'm anxious to see how you guys like it.

I have a picture of our Mickey Head countdown calendar in one of the first posts of my trip report. I took a large piece of poster board and made the 31 day calendar. Each day had a different Mickey head on it. In the top part, I printed off a picture of a Disney character to represent each one of us. It wasn't anything elaborate but it was a fun way to count down the days.
Hi Lisa!!!

I really hate the idea of having to miss going to another park if we could. But, I realize that we can't do everything in one trip especially when we only have 5 days to work with.

I'm really excited to try mini-putt. Now, I just need to figure out what day to squeeze it into. (thinking the last day...but not sure??)

Now, that I think of it. It may have been your TR that I saw the Mickey Head Countdown Calendar. I'll have to go back and take a look. Thanks!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #52
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What are we celebrating??

Hi again!! Yes, I should be doing laundry, or working on some homework or at least doing something productive. But....I had to share....75 days today!!! That's a pretty big milestone, especially when a couple weeks ago, there wasn't a trip yet, a ticker,or PTR. So YAY!!

As far as an update goes....I realized after reading back through my PTR that I had forgotten to mention what we're celebrating this trip. As you all know Disney has extended their Year of Celebrations promotion. I am so happy they did because.....DH and I will celebrating our 15th anniversary this year! That's probably one of the reasons that I have been pushing so hard to go back again. It just seemed meant to be.

It's so hard to believe how quickly 15 years have passed..wow! We met when I was a senior in high school. He was 3 years older than me and worked with a good friend of mine. She thought we had alot in common and set us up on a blind date! But, it obviously worked out and here we are all these years later with 2 wonderful little boys. I feel very blessed that I found someone who's such a great husband,and dad, who is so supportive of everything I do and who can put up with my Disney obsession..and trust me that takes alot of patience!!

Anyway..up next---Why we love the Flower and Garden Festival--w/pics!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #53
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"] Hi again!! Yes, I should be doing laundry, or working on some homework or at least doing something productive. But....I had to share....75 days today!!! That's a pretty big milestone, especially when a couple weeks ago, there wasn't a trip yet, a ticker,or PTR. So YAY!!
<---- that's the 75 day dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
DH and I will celebrating our 15th anniversary this year!
Happy Anniversary! Awesome way to celebrate it!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #55
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay my friend....let's make sure that you're counting down the days my way. You don't count today because....it's today. And you don't count the day you leave because....it's the day you leave. You only count the days in between!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #56
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

75 days is going to fly, trust me!!! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was at 100 days and now I'm 2 weeks away

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #57
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
<---- that's the 75 day dance
Happy Anniversary! Awesome way to celebrate it!
Yay for 75 days!! Ahhh....thanks for the anniversary wishes!!....and I couldn't agree more!!!
Quote:
Here are a couple pictures of our countdown calendars from last year - we made one for each of the boys. They actually helped make them:

Thanks for posting the pics, Amy!! They are exactly what I'm looking for!! So cute!! I like that you made them for each of your boys...what a great idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay my friend....let's make sure that you're counting down the days my way. You don't count today because....it's today. And you don't count the day you leave because....it's the day you leave. You only count the days in between!
Yup, that's exactly how we countdown here too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
75 days is going to fly, trust me!!! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was at 100 days and now I'm 2 weeks away
Oh...I hope so!!! Since we normally start planning much earlier- at least 180 days out. It already seems close to me. Only 2 weeks for you...you must be sooooo excited!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #58
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Congrats on 15 years!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #59
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for 75 days! That is so cool you are celebrating your anniversary too. Make sure you pick up some of the free anniversary buttons! Can't wait to see the F&GF pics.

Quote:
Here are a couple pictures of our countdown calendars from last year - we made one for each of the boys. They actually helped make them:

Those are adorable!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #60
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Woo-Hoo! Only 75 Days!!

And a very happy 15th Anniversary to you and your hubby! Jeff and I will celebrate 18 this August. What a blessing to have such a long and happy marriage...especially by today's standards! And with us Disney freaks no less!

Can't wait to see what you decide for countdown calendars...I'm sure they'll be adorable!

Oh...and we have snow today...how about you?
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: