Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yay yay yay! As usual at work, I can't see your pictures but I know y'all... Plans plans!!

I got the tilted head, slightly squinty eyed, high pitched "really?" yesterday when I was telling a friend I was going back to Disney at Christmas. I too love how everyone here "get's it"!
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
Your boys sound just like my boys & my oldest wears glasses too! Well, contacts now, but wow!!!!
That's what I was thinking when I was reading your PTR!! Our boys do sound very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
It's like seeing old friends I hear you about that 10th birthday and Disney food prices. Especially the character meals. It's going to be tough to shell out the adult price for my teeny 10 year old that eats like a bird (but maybe I'll get pay back in 8 years when I'm taking 2 teenage boys)
Ahh....thanks! I know what you mean about not wanting to pay adult prices for a kid who eats like bird!! That factor alone was a big part of our decision to go back in April. I knew that we would probably get some kind of dining plan because we just like the convenience and having it already paid for when we get there =less headache IMO. But, having to pay all that extra especially like you said for the character meals for a child that seems to just pick around his plate and spends more time searching out the characters than eating......I just couldn't do it.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #18
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay yay yay! As usual at work, I can't see your pictures but I know y'all... Plans plans!!

I got the tilted head, slightly squinty eyed, high pitched "really?" yesterday when I was telling a friend I was going back to Disney at Christmas. I too love how everyone here "get's it"!
Hi Tracy!!

Oh...I know that face and have heard that "really?" so many times!! Honestly, when we first booked the trip...you would think I would've wanted to shout it from the rooftop but I knew what I was going to be hearing. That's one of the biggest reasons I decided to start this PTR!! It's so nice to talk to others who really understand!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Good News!!!

Just wanted to share that we received our 2010 Disney Vacation Planning DVD in the mail yesterday!!! YAY!! Always happy to receive some kind of Mickey Mail! It was so cute too..because when Noah found out he immediately grabbed it and wanted to watch the whole thing. (even though almost all of it is the exact same as last year and we've probably watched the others a dozen times already!!) I'm also considering ordering some new Disney maps as well.Last trip I got the character ones and as cute as they were I think I prefer the old style better. Hmm.... Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can order within a year? I ordered some in July of last year (I think) I like to keep them as souvenirs from each trip.

Oh and for anyone who orders anything from the Disney Outlet. There is a coupon today for 20% off the lowest price. I saw a Daisy Duck t-shirt I'm considering??? I think with the coupon it ends up being $3.99.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi again Angie! I know exactly what you mean about those Disney doubters! Honestly, if someone told me that the only place I could ever go on vacation again was Walt Disney World...I'd take it! Not a problem! Luckily, I have a very good friend here that feels the same way so we can share with each other! She's actually going on a Land and Sea trip this March..her DH just got back from Iraq and they need a little family time!

Anyway...so nice to see your beautiful family again! Woo-Hoo on the Mickey mail! That's always a good day.

Can't wait to hear more plans....keep it comin!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Good News!!!

Just wanted to share that we received our 2010 Disney Vacation Planning DVD in the mail yesterday!!! YAY!! Always happy to receive some kind of Mickey Mail! It was so cute too..because when Noah found out he immediately grabbed it and wanted to watch the whole thing. (even though almost all of it is the exact same as last year and we've probably watched the others a dozen times already!!) I'm also considering ordering some new Disney maps as well.Last trip I got the character ones and as cute as they were I think I prefer the old style better. Hmm.... Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can order within a year? I ordered some in July of last year (I think) I like to keep them as souvenirs from each trip.

Oh and for anyone who orders anything from the Disney Outlet. There is a coupon today for 20% off the lowest price. I saw a Daisy Duck t-shirt I'm considering??? I think with the coupon it ends up being $3.99.
Yeah! I got caught up! Love the pics of you and your family Angie!! Now I know who I'm typing to
So the new planning DVD is 2010??!!! Good to know because now I can order ours! I haven't done the planning maps before but I like the idea of them especially for Gabe! (Also will be nice to toss in the scrapbook!) Thanks for the reminder for Disney Outlet too, I wanted to see what kinds of t-shirts they have! $3.99 for a shirt, you can't beat it!!!!!! Also, LOVE LOVE the name Noah, it's my brother's name and he is the sweetest guy so I always smile when I see another Noah!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi again Angie! I know exactly what you mean about those Disney doubters! Honestly, if someone told me that the only place I could ever go on vacation again was Walt Disney World...I'd take it! Not a problem! Luckily, I have a very good friend here that feels the same way so we can share with each other! She's actually going on a Land and Sea trip this March..her DH just got back from Iraq and they need a little family time!

Anyway...so nice to see your beautiful family again! Woo-Hoo on the Mickey mail! That's always a good day.

Can't wait to hear more plans....keep it comin!
Hi Missy!!
I agree!! I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if Disney was my only choice of vacations!! Oh sure...we've thought about going other places. This year in fact we were thinking about just heading to the beach for a week and as good as that sounds. There is just something about Disney that keeps pulling us back.

That's so wonderful that you have someone that feels the same way about Disney you do. Wow! A land and sea trip! Your friend must be very excited!!I'm hoping we can do that someday!! It sounds like so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Yeah! I got caught up! Love the pics of you and your family Angie!! Now I know who I'm typing to
So the new planning DVD is 2010??!!! Good to know because now I can order ours! I haven't done the planning maps before but I like the idea of them especially for Gabe! (Also will be nice to toss in the scrapbook!) Thanks for the reminder for Disney Outlet too, I wanted to see what kinds of t-shirts they have! $3.99 for a shirt, you can't beat it!!!!!! Also, LOVE LOVE the name Noah, it's my brother's name and he is the sweetest guy so I always smile when I see another Noah!!!
Ahh..thanks! Yup, the planning DVD is 2010. It's really not much different than last year. They switched up the beginning so it's about the Give a Day Promotion. Plus, I think they have added more about Toy Story Mania, and the American Idol Experience and Kim Possible. You should definitely order the maps. They make great soveniers!! Noah loves when we get them in the mail! He grabs them before anyone else can and usually starts pointing out everything that he wants to do. It's so cute! That's so cool that your brother's name is Noah also. I've always loved that name!!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #23
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

The Plans!!

Well, before I begin the planning. I must report that we only have 79 days until we leave. YAY!! Noah informed me this morning as he was running around our kitchen island singing "It's only 79 days until Disney, Mommy!!" over and over. He's not excited at all is he? Let's just say since I had just barely woken up and was only working on my first cup of coffee I wasn't quite sharing in his excitement. But, then I realized that I get to share our plans with all of you today and the excitement is back!!!

Plans

Since you already know the Who and the What.....(us and a Disney Vacation!) Let's get on with the Where, When, and Why?

Where

Well....If you know my family, I'm sure you are already guessing by now. Yes!! We are staying at Pop Century Resort again. This will be our
4th trip to Disney and our 4th trip staying at Pop. As much as I wanted to at least try a Moderate this year. (had my eye on CBR or POR) We just couldn't swing the extra since our trip in August took a big chunk out of our vacation money for this year. We knew we wanted to find a way to go back and with a Pincode that makes the rooms $73 dollars a night, we just couldn't pass it up. Besides, we love staying at Pop. We love all the bright colors, huge icons, and the music that plays around the resort. Right now, it just fits our family.The boys love it and so do we...it works for us!!

When

You already know that we are arriving on Monday, April 12th and leaving Friday,April 16th. We have decided to fly out of Syracuse. Some of you may remember from my last TR that we have 2 choices of places to fly out of and both are about 3 hours away. It usually comes down to who has the lowest fare...Syracuse obviously won out this time. We always fly Jetblue. Can't beat the direct flights, TV's and snacks. Another good thing about flying out of Syracuse is that the direct flight is only about 2 1/2 hours!!!

Why

Why Disney? Why only 5 days? Why April? Well, if you're reading this...you all know the answer to the first question. It's just that feeling you get when you step aboard the Magical Express bus and the video starts to play and as you are passing under the Walt Disney World sign, or walking into your resort again or even just how you feel walking back down Main Street....yeah, I think you "get it". But, only 5 days....you ask? Since last August's trip was just as unexpected as this trip is, we had to dip into this year's vacation fund. And as sad as I am that we can't stay longer this year, I don't regret a minute of last year's trip in August. It was so wonderful to take family there and show them what Disney is all about. They loved it and have promised us that they will be joining us when we decide to head back in 2012. Another big reason is that DH vacations are only Sun-Sat. He didn't really want to use up 2 weeks vacation at once so we knew we needed to be back home early on Saturday sometime in case he was scheduled for that Sunday (requesting days off--are not guaranteed) As far as the last question goes I think I explained it pretty well in my very first post but another reason is that I really prefer not to have to pull the boys out of school if I don't have to. Which limits us to school vacations and summer vacations.

Tickets
This is the part I'm most unsure of. Right now I have only booked 2 day MYW tickets with the Waterpark and more option. Since we only have 5 days in Disney and we really wanted to do different things this time such as going to a waterpark and visiting Disney Quest. It's going to limit the amount of time we can spend at the parks. I'm considering getting park hoppers but we're usually one park per day people so I'm still unsure. I still may add an extra day on to our tickets for our very last day. We don't leave until around 4:00pm. We had been planning to visit DTD the last day and maybe do a character breakfast in the morning...so who knows.

The Food!!!
On our first trip to Disney we did the DDP, on the second the QSDP, on our last trip we did the regular Dining Plan again....so this trip we have decided that.........we will do Quick Service again. Why? Well, even though I missed the sit down meals and character meals. We are really trying to stay in budget plus with only 5 days and so many new things we want to try. We figured it would work best for this trip. I'm planning paying OOP for either a Character breakfast our last day or a dinner somewhere on our MK day. However, I've even tossed around the idea of going to T-Rex in DTD with the boys and they got very excited about that! Here's the problem though....ADR's. We are now only 79 days away from our trip and since you can start making your ADR's at 180 days I'm having a hard time getting a ressie for any of the places we want to go. I'll keep trying through and update you on what I've found.

There you have it...a brief description of our plans for this trip. (well, maybe not so brief) But, anyway it gives you an idea of what we are going to do. Of course I have many, many more details to share about attractions, park days, things to buy, things to do. My head is spinning. Now, I remember why you should start planning more than 6 months in advance!! I also thought it would be fun to discuss our favorite Disney movies, rides, or anything Disney for that matter and maybe add some trivia in here in there to make it more fun!! I hope you continue following along on our journey.....Adventure awaits!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #24
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Your plans sound exciting! I especially can't wait to hear about the water parks and disney Quest. I've thought about trying them too! So if you only have 2 park days which parks would you visit? (Obviously Magic Kingdom, but what other park?)
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Plans plans plans!! Yay Noah! Reminds me of Demetri asking me daily when we're going back:

Demetri: "When are we going back to Disney World mommy?"
Mommy: "In December my love."
Demetri: "How long is that?"
Mommy: "Eleven months."
Demetri: "What's a month?"

Pop Century! Two day park passes ... mmm, which ones will you visit? I'm guessing MK and Epcot but you can always add another day to the passes once you get there if it works out. We're one park per day people too, but with the added mix of your ADR dilema right now, perhaps the hopper option will work better depending on what your able to get?

dismagiclover - I'd recommend the water parks and Disney Quest! Hop on over to my never-ending August TR if you're interested in details. We did them for the first time this past trip and they were fabulous!

Is paying OOP for the one character meal more cost effective than upgrading to the regular dining plan? I've never calculated it out -- I might consider it for our December trip if they don't extend the free dining.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #26
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Great plans Angie! We stayed at POP last time and had a lot of fun there! I know as my kids get older Waterparks and Disney Quest will be high on their lists of must-dos!! Jet Blue always sounds so nice, especially with their TV's, I wish they would fly out of Minneapolis-St. Paul!! I hope you can get a couple of ADR's when you want them!!! Here's some Pixie Dust for you !!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #27
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for 79 days! We are at 74.

Your plans look great so far.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #28
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is paying OOP for the one character meal more cost effective than upgrading to the regular dining plan? I've never calculated it out -- I might consider it for our December trip if they don't extend the free dining.
Just chiming in here...hope you don't mind Angie! If you are only going to do ONE character meal, it is most definitely more cost effective than the upgrade. Take into consideration, that if you do upgrade, all of your tips come OOP as well. That was the kicker for our family and the main reason we did QSDP!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #29
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Now...for your plans! I'd take 5 days in Disney and 2 park days over what I'm getting this year! LOL!

If I was going to stay Value....and remember with a family of 5, it's not really an option....I'd do POP. I fell in love with it looking at all your TR pics!

T-Rex sounds great especially with the boys! Mine are a little big for the whole dinosaur thing, but I think even they would enjoy it!

When you fly out of Syracuse, shout really loud and maybe I'll hear you! It's only an hour from my house!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #30
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Your plans sound exciting! I especially can't wait to hear about the water parks and disney Quest. I've thought about trying them too! So if you only have 2 park days which parks would you visit? (Obviously Magic Kingdom, but what other park?)
We are very excited to try a water park and Disney Quest this trip! The boys have been asking to visit the waterparks since they saw them on the Disney Vacation DVD before our first trip!! You're right, definitely Magic Kingdom. The other park we're visiting is Epcot. We're still trying to decide if we want to add another park day to our tickets....if we do then we have to decide what other park...hmmm....
Quote:
Plans plans plans!! Yay Noah! Reminds me of Demetri asking me daily when we're going back:

Demetri: "When are we going back to Disney World mommy?"
Mommy: "In December my love."
Demetri: "How long is that?"
Mommy: "Eleven months."
Demetri: "What's a month?"

Pop Century! Two day park passes ... mmm, which ones will you visit? I'm guessing MK and Epcot but you can always add another day to the passes once you get there if it works out. We're one park per day people too, but with the added mix of your ADR dilema right now, perhaps the hopper option will work better depending on what your able to get?

dismagiclover - I'd recommend the water parks and Disney Quest! Hop on over to my never-ending August TR if you're interested in details. We did them for the first time this past trip and they were fabulous!

Ahhh....Demetri is such a cutie!!!! I love that...."what's a month?"

I know...YAY!! We're so excited to be going back to Pop Century!! It's such a fun resort isn't it? Maybe we can actually finish our scavenger hunt this time!!! Oh...I wanted to ask you. I'm thinking about requesting the 50's section this time. Although we loved staying over in the 80's and 90's, we thought a change of scenery would be nice. How much longer is the walk from the 50's to the Classic Hall than the walk from the 80's section? Is it pretty much the same?

Hmm....upgrading...good question!!! I couldn't really remember myself so I decided to check again and then calculate it out. It ends up being an extra $100, which sounds great at first but then you have to add in the price of tips for each of the meals and extra money for snacks since we use the snack credits for breakfast plus the refillable mugs. (DH has to have his refillable mug) The quick service plan will give us 2 CS and 2 snack credits a day which allows us to use one snack credit for breakfast and then another for a snack at the park later on that night. The boys also like the fact that they get their own refillable mug with the plan. Now to just decide on my ADR!!!!UGH! Although, I checked on Ohana's for breakfast on our last morning and they have a few times avaliable. Love Ohana's!!! It looks like it might be a winner!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Great plans Angie! We stayed at POP last time and had a lot of fun there! I know as my kids get older Waterparks and Disney Quest will be high on their lists of must-dos!! Jet Blue always sounds so nice, especially with their TV's, I wish they would fly out of Minneapolis-St. Paul!! I hope you can get a couple of ADR's when you want them!!! Here's some Pixie Dust for you !!
Hi Beth! Thanks!! We love Pop! We always have lots of fun staying there! The boys are soooo excited to try the Disney Quest and a water park!! It's all they talk about!! Noah's already got it all planned out! DH won't fly unless we can fly Jetblue. I don't mind though...I tend to be a little bit of a nervous flyer and the TV's are a nice distraction! Thanks for the ADR pixie dust!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: