Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #152
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Love the travel stuff! It just feels like vacation when you can buy that stuff doesn't it??

Fireworks are my favorite! How fun to have them unexpectedly! I hate the cold so I would have tried to find a nice window to take pictures from....LOL!

Woo-Hoo for Mickey Mail.
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #153
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

YAY for starting to pick up travel items and for getting Mickey mail! That always does make your trip seem that much closer. We hardly ever get Mickey mail being in DVC. Unless my dad hides it from me...LOL.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #154
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey that's pretty snazzy Mickey Mail! Goofy on the monorail? Travel items! And I agree, fireworks in February is very cool.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #155
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How cool to see fireworks in February. What a nice Mama you are for taking pictures so the boys could see.

You should have heard all the fireworks around our house last night. Remember....we're in Louisiana so the fireworks started as soon as the Saints won the Super Bowl. We had a few left over from New Year's so Hunter and John shot a few themselves.

It looks like you are well on your way of gathering your "Disney stuff" as I like to call it. We are still over three months away and I have already started collecting things to take.

Yea! for Mickey Mail! I love getting mail from Disney. Makes me happy!
YAY!! Saints!! That's so cool you were able to see some fireworks yourself last night!!

It's so much fun gathering all the "Disney stuff" for our trip!! DH makes fun of me because I'm always on the lookout for more goodies to buy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Mickey Mail!!!!!!!!

Fireworks at any time is good in my book
I agree!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
for Mickey Mail!
YAY!!

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #156
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yay for Mickey mail!!

The fireworks were a nice February treat!
It's always exciting to get some Mickey mail!!! Which reminds me I need to order my Disney maps....still haven't done that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Love the travel stuff! It just feels like vacation when you can buy that stuff doesn't it??

Fireworks are my favorite! How fun to have them unexpectedly! I hate the cold so I would have tried to find a nice window to take pictures from....LOL!

Woo-Hoo for Mickey Mail.
Me too!!! Love fireworks!! Otherwise I probably wouldn't have stood out in the freezing cold to get some pictures...brrrr...

Ahh...you're right...travel stuff and Mickey mail...it really feels like vacation is getting sooooo close now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
YAY for starting to pick up travel items and for getting Mickey mail! That always does make your trip seem that much closer. We hardly ever get Mickey mail being in DVC. Unless my dad hides it from me...LOL.
No Mickey mail? Ahh...that's too bad. Gee..I hope your Dad isn't hiding it from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey that's pretty snazzy Mickey Mail! Goofy on the monorail? Travel items! And I agree, fireworks in February is very cool.
Did you see that envelope? Isn't it so cool? It has Goofy in the front of the monorail, Dumbo flying over head and Belle reading in the back...and if you turn it over it has Stitch, Dopey, and Captain Hook riding also.It's the cutest thing!!

I know...I love seeing fireworks but seeing them in February made it even better....so unexpected!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #157
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Looking Back...Epcot 2008

Hi Everyone!!
Whew! It's been a busy week, I've barely had any time to DIS this week. Between getting ready for Noah's valentine party, and Nick's ski trip tomorrow plus trying to get ahead in my school work because the boys have winter break next week it's been non-stop!! I attempted to post a trivia question but the computer was acting up the other day.Which reminds me...I'm thinking of moving on to a new category instead of guess this movie quote maybe doing something like Guess this park attraction? or something like that? Got any fun ideas?

In the meantime, I've decided that it might be fun to look back at Epcot.... before looking ahead to all the new and favorite things we want to do this trip.(our day 2/touring plans in other words) So, I decided to share a few pictures from our very first trip in April of 2008. It was a great trip--the weather was beautiful....the crowds for being Spring Break weren't too bad...all and all a perfect day!!

There are just a few pics of our day in Epcot 2008. As you can tell from the first few pictures it started off a bit chilly but quickly warmed up as the day went on. We spent more time that first year just taking everything in. It's hard to believe but we didn't ride Soarin' or Test Track that trip. And..you may have noticed that I didn't take the best pictures in the WS. We spent very little time exploring the countries and it was mostly a stop and snap a picture and move on. (which is probably why they are all crooked.) In my defense, I hadn't really discovered the DISboards yet and although I planned for the trip, Epcot was a last minute addition to our plans. I had read it was a park mostly for adults. The boys were small and had little interest in the WS at the time. It's funny how things work out....because now Epcot is one of our very favorite parks!! I'm so happy that we have gotten the opportunity to go back and to see how truly wonderful it is!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #158
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Great Epcot pictures. The first year we went to Epcot, we were disappointed. That was way back in 1998. I came home and started talking to people about Epcot and everybody kept saying how much they loved it. I couldn't understand what we missed. So, I started reading as much as I could (didn't know about the Dis back then) and researching. The next trip (1999), we went into the park with a whole new outlook. Now, we love love love it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #159
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great Epcot pictures. The first year we went to Epcot, we were disappointed. That was way back in 1998. I came home and started talking to people about Epcot and everybody kept saying how much they loved it. I couldn't understand what we missed. So, I started reading as much as I could (didn't know about the Dis back then) and researching. The next trip (1999), we went into the park with a whole new outlook. Now, we love love love it!
Thanks, Lisa!! Looking back on it now...I think we felt the same way..a little disappointed. Not to say we didn't have a great time because we did but after seeing Magic Kingdom the day before with all the rides and so much to do! I think the boys were expecting the same thing in Epcot and when they didn't find it-- they were ready to head back to the resort and swim. It was really hard to appreciate the sights when DH and I were dealing with two bored and grumpy kids! However, now it's the park they want to visit first...it's so funny how things work out!!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #160
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Epcot pictures Angie!

Epcot is most definitely our favorite park! I'm so glad you have come to appreciate it.
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #161
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Thanks for the Epcot pictures Angie!

Epcot is most definitely our favorite park! I'm so glad you have come to appreciate it.
Me too, Missy!!--We're so excited to go back!! We've missed so much the last few trips.... especially in the WS!!! (hopefully we can finally get to do them this trip!!)

Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #162
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I really want to spend more time at the WS. While we do love Epcot, the FW layout is just odd to me and not "pleasing" if that makes sense. We tend to treat the WS as a place to eat and it's so much more!

Or at least I hear it is, hopefully this summer we will actually get to experience it.

Cute pics
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #163
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really want to spend more time at the WS. While we do love Epcot, the FW layout is just odd to me and not "pleasing" if that makes sense. We tend to treat the WS as a place to eat and it's so much more!

Or at least I hear it is, hopefully this summer we will actually get to experience it.

Cute pics
Thanks!! I agree...about FW. I can never quite figure out the right plan for touring FW. It feels like we are always zigzagging back and forth. Anyways..we can't wait to spend more time in the WS this trip. There is so much we want to see!!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #164
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Thanks!! I agree...about FW. I can never quite figure out the right plan for touring FW. It feels like we are always zigzagging back and forth. Anyways..we can't wait to spend more time in the WS this trip. There is so much we want to see!!
Exactly! Zigging, never in a straight path and it's not "pretty" I always feel like we are rushing in between attractions because there is no point in meandering unlike the other parks and WS where we soak in just the general atmosphere.

It's part of the reason I'd love to go one day during flower and garden, I think I'd like Future World more during that time of year, it would make me want to stroll...

And yet many of our favorite rides are in FW....
Old 02-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #165
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly! Zigging, never in a straight path and it's not "pretty" I always feel like we are rushing in between attractions because there is no point in meandering unlike the other parks and WS where we soak in just the general atmosphere.

It's part of the reason I'd love to go one day during flower and garden, I think I'd like Future World more during that time of year, it would make me want to stroll...

And yet many of our favorite rides are in FW....
Isn't it funny? Many of our favorite rides are in FW also...hmmm...

That's one of the reasons why we love going during the F&G festival....it gives us the opportunity to relax a little more and enjoy seeing all the toparies and displays instead rushing this way and that way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: