Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
jacobwill62009
Earning My Ears

Driving to WDW..anyone know of any...

We are driving to WDW this May from Madison...so excited! Does anyone have any tips/webistes that you can share on maps/stops to make along the way. Fun or crazy things to see or to just get out of the car for a bit so our 2 and 4 year old can run some energy off for a bit. We are leaving at 7pm at night so they can watch a movie and then sleep (hopefully. We are driving straight through (I will be sleeping during the afternoon before we leave and will drive a good portion of the night shift). So we are looking to make a few short stops on the way that next day. Any advice/help is always appreciated.

(Me) (DH) (DS, 5) (DS, 2)

2009 S/D, 2010 Beach Club (and LOVED it!!) 2011 ???Will my husband let us go again?
jacobwill62009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

We have driven to FL a number of times from MN and the driving at night is a great plan. My DH loves it (he does the night time driving). We usually stop at the welcome center rest stops at the entrance of each state. They have good facilities, maps, areas to run a bit of energy off.

If you're on toll roads the rest areas have a bunch of different restaurants to stop and eat. They advertise a ways ahead so you know what's coming. Sometimes you just need to stop and stretch etc.
Good luck on the drive!!! We did the last trip down in Dec. in one big long drive! a little over 24 hours.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: